[ROM][P51xx][4.4.4] SlimKat

Search This thread

Android-Andi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
.... there they are...

Finally all problems solved and SlimKat 4.1 is available for the Galaxy Tab 2 Family (P31XX and P51XX) after some days delay.
Some kernel changes were reverted to change a massive battery-drain

!!!Thanks to all tester for testing and the quick feedback!!!!

Device specific bugs P31XX
Screen-Off-Animation ignoring our hwrotation=270
Workaround: Settings --> Display --> CRT animation: "dont show" , the screen will now fade off, no issues there

Device specific bugs P51XX
On screen-off-animation the screen turns off, turns on again for some milliseconds, and turn off again - like a flash-light.
Workaround: Settings --> Display --> CRT animation: "dont show"

Tester-Team:
P3100 = @Vishesh , @antutu , @lokesh.3440
P3110 = @Android-Andi (i don´t know this guy, but he can test for me )
P3113 = @fastlane765
P5100 = @jdegreef , @lvdoan
P5110 = @tetakpatak , @Nick_73

Some important notes:
i´ll pick-up @cordell12 ´s work and be the new maintainter, as best as i can, for SlimKat also.
Thanks a lot @cordell12 for the great support all the time! You told before it´s time for you to leave the tab 2 - but you kept it alive until now! Great!

Last edited:

tetakpatak

Jan 6, 2013
Lucerne
I wouldn't call the screen-off thing "a bug"....rather just a cosmetical inperfection :D
Congratulations for the maintainance change!

@cordell12 please contact malybru to turn over the ownship of this thread to @Android-Andi. All thanks clicked in the OP until that moment remain yours (I've clicked few more now) and good luck, mate! Thanks for all your work here.

Last edited:

njstein

Jan 25, 2013
Boise
.... there they are...

Finally all problems solved and SlimKat 4.1 is available for the Galaxy Tab 2 Family (P31XX and P51XX) after some days delay.
Some kernel changes were reverted to change a massive battery-drain

!!!Thanks to all tester for testing and the quick feedback!!!!

Device specific bugs P31XX
Screen-Off-Animation ignoring our hwrotation=270
Workaround: Settings --> Display --> CRT animation: "dont show" , the screen will now fade off, no issues there

Device specific bugs P51XX
On screen-off-animation the screen turns off, turns on again for some milliseconds, and turn off again - like a flash-light.
Workaround: Settings --> Display --> CRT animation: "dont show"

Tester-Team:
P3100 = @Vishesh , @antutu , @lokesh.3440
P3110 = @Android-Andi (i don´t know this guy, but he can test for me )
P3113 = @fastlane765
P5100 = @jdegreef , @lvdoan
P5110 = @tetakpatak , @Nick_73

Some important notes:
i´ll pick-up @cordell12 ´s work and be the new maintainter, as best as i can, for SlimKat also.
Thanks a lot @cordell12 for the great support all the time! You told before it´s time for you to leave the tab 2 - but you kept it alive until now! Great!

Very nice, AA! I'll DL and hit it up when I get a chance! Thanks for all your hard work.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

tetakpatak

Jan 6, 2013
Lucerne
@Android-Andi
as it sounds quite serious, and it really isn't I really suggest to call a screen-off animation bug just a "jumpy screen-off" and workaround description.
It sounds more serious than it is. Now it is also on the title website of the slimroms.net listed as a "device specific bug" :confused: Just be aware that other SlimKat devs have mighty bugs and don't even report it in their OPs, just an example:

Can you belive it, that N7100 builds has a serious bug: it can't save a contact, if you try to edit it, it will be erased! And it is a phone. I'm getting bored of reporting it and being ignored since the first nightly builds, just check this post of today.

Last edited:

Badbullet

May 15, 2010
Gorizia Italy, Croatia Opatija
sadunydu.jpg
y3eqany5.jpg
I just want to share great experience with the buld 3.1 and battery life, this is what I call real deep sleep and I didn't use my device for FCK six days just to see how much can stay without charging with WIFI always on, sync on, location on and over six days I still have 42% of battery. @Android-Andi you Kernel is perfect and thank you for support and for perfectly compiled ROM. Sorry for my English.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: tetakpatak

tetakpatak

Jan 6, 2013
Lucerne
Thank you, @Badbullet, and this awsome battery life by WiFi and mobile network always on!
It finally confirms my theory that it couldn't have been the reason for the drain.

tetakpatalked from my P5110

Reactions: Badbullet

Kimbo82

May 23, 2013
Stockholm
I have a question, is there a way to make the wifi to always sleep when screen is off. I have the option that it should only be on while sleeping when plugged in, but still the wifi has been on many times during sleep. See screenshot.

I'm still very impressed, the battery life seems to be great even with that and its really fast and "snappy"!!

Sent from my GT-P5110 using XDA Premium HD app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1396722924476.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1396722924476.png
    52 KB · Views: 111

insanity213

Oct 2, 2010
I have 2 5113 Wifi US tablets that have always had a problem running any non touchwiz rom. I can never get auto brightness to work... AOSP, CM, Slim, etc... No problems on touchwiz roms with auto brightness.

I know it isn't specific to Slim, but I wanted off of Touchwiz and installed Slim today so I was hoping to find some help.

eejee

Mar 16, 2009
Utrecht
I have 2 5113 Wifi US tablets that have always had a problem running any non touchwiz rom. I can never get auto brightness to work... AOSP, CM, Slim, etc... No problems on touchwiz roms with auto brightness.

I know it isn't specific to Slim, but I wanted off of Touchwiz and installed Slim today so I was hoping to find some help.
I never have any issues. You could try a third party app like Lux Auto brightness or Velis.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9505 met Tapatalk

samsgun357

May 3, 2012
I just updated to the latest build. Wanted the ability to oc so I flashed dhollmen kernel. My videos stopped working correctly, was some screen tearing, so I tried the kernel from unofficial omni, it too caused tearing in videos. Stock kernel works fine, just want to be able to OC. What is it that is causing these problems?

Watch, as I combine all the juice from my mind...

tetakpatak

Jan 6, 2013
Lucerne
I just updated to the latest build. Wanted the ability to oc so I flashed dhollmen kernel. My videos stopped working correctly, was some screen tearing, so I tried the kernel from unofficial omni, it too caused tearing in videos. Stock kernel works fine, just want to be able to OC. What is it that is causing these problems?

As you're running OC'ed custom kernel, logically don't expect to get any support here.
Better post your questions in the Dhollmen kernel thread, it is more proper place for it.

tetakpatalked from my P5110

eejee

Mar 16, 2009
Utrecht
I just updated to the latest build. Wanted the ability to oc so I flashed dhollmen kernel. My videos stopped working correctly, was some screen tearing, so I tried the kernel from unofficial omni, it too caused tearing in videos. Stock kernel works fine,
just want to be able to OC. What is it that is causing these problems?

Same here, just hadn't mentioned it here yet. It must be something in the rom that causes this.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9505 met Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: samsgun357

Top Liked Posts