Verizon Note 3 is factory sim unlocked...does this mean no region lock?

Search This thread

dpham00

Jun 10, 2011
The Verizon Note 3 is factory sim unlocked, I was able to put in a straight talk/tmo sim in and get calls, and use data after editing the APN. So does this mean that it is not region locked? I didn't see any sticker on the outside of my box mentioning region lock, but I bought it in store, so they might have removed it.

popi09

Sep 17, 2011
Its unlocked. I just tried my prepaid T-Mobile Sim card and after putting the correct APN setting I got G.

Reactions: Bsmith0731

Bsmith0731

Jan 15, 2013
I can confirm that I switched the sim from my note 2 from att to my Verizon note 3 and it could make phone calls. But I wasn't able to get data. I tried to switch the app settings but that didn't work for me.

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app

jperez6697

Jun 3, 2014
someone can help me?

I have note 3 verzon and s5 verizon , I put the simcard ATT in working both unlocked , but dont wanna working DATA why?

appears messaje sim need activacion . and when going to put the unlock code says mmi code error .

what cand I do . because I bought the factory unlock code for both .. and dont have another way to get in .

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Verizon Note 3 is factory sim unlocked, I was able to put in a straight talk/tmo sim in and get calls, and use data after editing the APN. So does this mean that it is not region locked? I didn't see any sticker on the outside of my box mentioning region lock, but I bought it in store, so they might have removed it.
    Its unlocked. I just tried my prepaid T-Mobile Sim card and after putting the correct APN setting I got G.

Do you need to be rooted ?
    Sorry, I'm just looking for the settings area to make the change to. Like "mobile network/..."

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 4
    Sorry, I'm just looking for the settings area to make the change to. Like "mobile network/..."

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 4

I keep hitting thanks on accident, but go to settings> more settings> mobile networks> access point name.