I received a karbonn devices, which was soft bricked, and did not find much assistance by contacting them.
Here is the procedure to flashing the stock 4.2.2 firmware.
Download necessary files:
1. Firmware 4.2.009.P1.131118.7295MI01
2. Flashing tool: YGDP_Setup_V3.31_131028_02_Customer
3. Drivers if required
1. Extract the zips
2. Install the flashing tool YGDP_Setup_V3.31_131028_02_Customer.exe 9make sure you right-click and grant it administrator privilege)
3. Right-click and open as administrator the newly created YGDP icon in your desktop
Password : 9527
4. Select [config] button
(see pic below) Select your firmware file which should be:
(see pic below) select customer as 7295MI01
6. Press [APPLY]
7. Select [START]
8. Connect your phone without the battery
Now the update procedure would start and when it is complete without errors disconnect, insert battery and boot your devices.
If it encounters any problem repeat the process.
If that procedure fails you could use MTK rooter.