HTC Home Plugin for WM5 (3 and 6 tab).. finally !!

Search This thread

RinkeJan

Aug 20, 2007
Installed it this morning, didn't work
Dutch version of WM5
1. HTC HDlg.exe.0143.mui
2. HTCHome.dll.0143.mui

This should work right?

umesh

Oct 16, 2006
Hi.

I run a Dell Axim X51 and have tried to install the 3 and 6 tab HTC home plugins (I really like the look and functionality - great work Umesh!) but to no avail. SHould it be working on my pda or does it only work on HTCs? Everything seems to be in the right directory but nothing shows in my today/items or on my today page! If it is only for HTCs, does anyone know where to find, and how to install, a more generic version? Any help very gratefully received. :)

It is generic enough to work on any Windows Mobile 5 device. However I have not developed any of this and so cannot claim / suggest it's success on any device. To encourage you, I found this application on some other device forum and after trying it on my HTC Prophet posted it here. You might want to search the net and find someone who's resolved this problem on a Dell Axim device.
I am sorry to not be able to help more but just as an encouraging advice, I had myself gone through several runs with no luck until I found the right package and installed it following the instructions diligently onto my device. I wish you luck to get it working.

dean.harris

Mar 13, 2007
Thank you very much, Umesh. I appreciate your supportive words and advice. I was really hoping your posts would work as my understanding was that Dell outsourced construction of the Axim x51 to HTC and therefore it would be compatible, but sadly... not. Am searching the web frantically trying to find a compatible home plugin... any suggestions gratefully received.

Jun 7, 2007
Warning!! My Prophet is dead after 1 month with HTC Home plug

Here is what happened a few days back. My 818pro (aka prophet) suddenly heat up while not in use 3 days ago. I thought it was caused by the hot weather in my country (I was driving with aircond in full blast). My phone is not expose to any direct sunlight or heat. The heating up eventually go away. Then 2 day later, after I put down a call, my phone just frozen / hung. Hence, I do a soft reset & guess what!! It never recovered & stop at the black screen with the dopod logo while restarting. Some service centre I visited told me that the main memory chip need replacement & reflash!!! I can't even see the window screen. I have use the HTC 6tab for 1month + & I suspect it's the culprit here.
One side effect of using HTC 6tab Home plug: I need to plug in the ac charger everytime I need a soft reset. If not, it will stay in the blue colour Window start up screen.
Now, my prophet is dead:(

ceanth

Feb 26, 2007
Hi,

installed it on my M600 and it works great. I have a problem with the clock in that it shows it in 24hours not 12hour.

Still debating whether to keep this app, noticed it does use a bit of resources but its still very cool.

enduromen

Aug 27, 2007
Here is what happened a few days back. My 818pro (aka prophet) suddenly heat up while not in use 3 days ago. I thought it was caused by the hot weather in my country (I was driving with aircond in full blast). My phone is not expose to any direct sunlight or heat. The heating up eventually go away. Then 2 day later, after I put down a call, my phone just frozen / hung. Hence, I do a soft reset & guess what!! It never recovered & stop at the black screen with the dopod logo while restarting. Some service centre I visited told me that the main memory chip need replacement & reflash!!! I can't even see the window screen. I have use the HTC 6tab for 1month + & I suspect it's the culprit here.
One side effect of using HTC 6tab Home plug: I need to plug in the ac charger everytime I need a soft reset. If not, it will stay in the blue colour Window start up screen.

My s200 do that a lot of times(it frozen) today it does 3 times and i have to pull out batery but it restar. take a lot of time to restar but restar. I think i go uninstall before the main chip goes down.

ashmont

Apr 13, 2007
Getting the media player tab to work

I have installed the Helmi 6 tab version of the HTC Today plugin on my wizard and have been very impressed with it. The only thing that confused me was why the 6th tab was included. All it seemed to do was launch media player. Last night I got quite a surprise when I was playing something on media player and switched to this tab and saw the song title etc, a pause instead of play button and a blue progress bar.
I think the way to get this to work is install the imate windows media player plugin before installing the HTC Today Plugin. You can then disable this plugin from your today screen and you have a fully working HTC Today 6 tab version!

Cheers,

Ashley

umesh

Oct 16, 2006

I sympathise with your situation Alan however I would not like to believe that a software can cause the problem of corrupting any chip in your device. Probably that was a hardware failure and while it was dying it caused the trouble of heating up your device.
I have myself had my device frozen and locked on load screen which I promptly resolved with a hard reset and I still continue to use the HTC 6 tab Home plugin - must admit - happily.
Anyways, repeating - since I have not developed this piece myself or have any contribution in fixing it to run on WM5 device - I hold no authority or claim to have it running fine on any or all devices. I suggest you would be better off without this software - with more peace of mind, if nothing else.
Wish you luck !

enduromen

Aug 27, 2007
I sympathise with your situation Alan however I would not like to believe that a software can cause the problem of corrupting any chip in your device. Probably that was a hardware failure and while it was dying it caused the trouble of heating up your device.
I have myself had my device frozen and locked on load screen which I promptly resolved with a hard reset and I still continue to use the HTC 6 tab Home plugin - must admit - happily.
Anyways, repeating - since I have not developed this piece myself or have any contribution in fixing it to run on WM5 device - I hold no authority or claim to have it running fine on any or all devices. I suggest you would be better off without this software - with more peace of mind, if nothing else.
Wish you luck !

The problem may not be htcplugin fault and ofcourse is no you fault too. But what i verify is that since i have uninstall. my s200 never more froze and before that it froze 3 our 4 times a day. I just report this situacion becase i want to know is somo one more have this problem and how to solve because i miss it a lot and i would like to install again

gadjet0

Oct 2, 2007
Cheshire
Hi,
has anyone got the weather working?
I've got an Imate Jamin (G4) with QTEK 200 ROM (due to failing upgrade to WM6)and WM5.

Downloaded the Home plugin and it's great but I can not get the weather working at all, GPRS, Active sync, nothing seems to work.

I looked at the other post but couldn't see anything for the Prophet.

Any one got it working on a prophet yet?

Thanks

afarinella97

Sep 16, 2006
Celsius and Fahrenheit

My htc home plugin work good but i have a problem...i would look my weather panel with with celsius and not Fahrenheit...anyone can help me pleaz???
I have wm5 original rom on my p3600
thx in advance

gadjet0

Oct 2, 2007
Cheshire
Why does the weather plugin work on some devices and not others?

Are there any options for the plugin for example how do I change the profile settings on the 6 tab plugin.

Cheers,
Phil

Jun 19, 2007
any optional colors for the 6 tab version? or there is none? can anybody help me out. i would like to play with diff colors of this if that is possible. thanks in advance!

gadjet0

Oct 2, 2007
Cheshire
Am I missing something, what does the automatic profile in the profiles tab actually do, is there somewhere else that you set up the definition of the automatic:confused:

I'm trying to get the profile to automatically mute during a meeting and then un mute afterwards but it doesn't seem to work.

Any help would be appreciated.

bcch18

Oct 20, 2007
Subang Jaya
My Dopod 818pro....hangs

I'm not sure if anyone ere has encounter this b4, i would just like to share. I'd installed the 6 tab htc home plugin on my 818pro that already has szabi cube installed and spb mobile shell 1.5 installed too. Although i rarely activate szabi cube. It was working fine yesterday but today my 818pro hanged on me plus after 2 soft reset, it still hangs until i took out the battery any put it back:( then it's okie. The second weird thing that happened was there was an incoming call & b4 i could see who it was, my phone just freezes on the today screen and vibrate continuously:confused: . Has anyone encounter this before? Currently i'd uninstalled spb mobile shell as i really like htc home plugin:) , this plugin stopped me from buying a new phone:) .