Turn on the screen without pressing center key

Search This thread

guygenius

Jan 19, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S20
Hi all,

Just got the SW2 today and am excited to use it. Is there a way to wake up the Smartwatch screen without pressing the center key. For example, can the screen turn on hand movement or say by tapping the screen?

I tried to search this in the forum but couldn't find any info.

Regards,
KS

Last edited:

GMKcz

Feb 18, 2008
Prague
Hi, since smartwatch firmware is closed and we can use watches only on application basis I am pretty sure it is not possible.

Odesláno z mého GT-N7100 pomocí Tapatalk

ED2O9

Sep 2, 2009
Supposedly, the SW2 has an accelerometer but I have yet to see it utilized. I had an original Sony Smartwatch for a short time, and it would turn on with the slightest movement. There was an option of turning it on by rotating your wrist while holding your forearm horizontal, but it was pretty erratic.
It kinda wish that you could set it to turn on the backlight with movement, but it's no more of a problem than hitting the button on my old digital watch to see in the dark.

dervish666

Jun 22, 2008
It does have an accelerometer. If you leave it on the desk to charge it will switch the screen off after a while. It turns back on if you move it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

kill_dano

Oct 25, 2007
If you leave it on the desk to charge it will switch the screen off after a while. It turns back on if you move it.

this freaked me out last night. I was playing a game and my wrist was still as a held the controller. I looked at the time and for like a tenth of a second I thought the screen was blank. Wasn't sure what happened.

thearif

Feb 27, 2008
Hi all,

Just got the SW2 today and am excited to use it. Is there a way to wake up the Smartwatch screen without pressing the center key. For example, can the screen turn on hand movement or say by tapping the screen?

I tried to search this in the forum but couldn't find any info.

Regards,
KS

At the moment there is no way to wake up the watch by a movement of the wrist as far as I know. However, if you use a custom watch face, (like custom watch for SW2, or clocki) you can wake it up via touchscreen buttons (home button for example).
I do not know if this works for you...

guygenius

Jan 19, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S20
Thanks all for the reply. I could have use custom clock faces but I think it will consume more battery current. Hopefully Sony will make some interesting clock faces with weather integrated.

I have used SmartQ Z watch before. What I like about SW2 is amazing battery life and that I can read contents of email and whatsapp messages on the watch itself. Pretty cool!

Nomad1600

Jul 18, 2012
There will be in the nearest future an big update, seen on MWC:

www pocketpc.ch/c/5826-sony-smartwatch-2-grosses-firmware-update-unterwegs.html

Article above, translated into English:

The SmartWatch 2, which came on the market in September 2013 (as reported) , was one of the first truly mature models on the market . However, it lacked some features or there were significant inconsistencies in the operation ( for our review ) . Now, however, a major update in the wings , which is to iron out any weaknesses.

We have long especially on other watches designs, so gennante Watch Faces , waiting . Now there are five of them , which partly show even quite a lot of information . This includes, among other things, the weather and a pedometer , but also the last notification received with content and the next upcoming alarm. Whether the pedometer works in the clock itself, or the information coming from the smartphone itself , we could not exist in Other improvements concern the notification system. The icon for the news has disappeared and the notification bar , which can be drawn down from above as with Android, is now finally scrollable. In addition, you can now on the clock even choose which app icons should be shown in the home screen and from which apps you want to receive notifications . The former is particularly interesting for apps which only provide notifications, but do not have to be started manually. So you get a little more order in the icon list .

Even the design of a lot has changed . The icons of the preinstalled apps , to which now also includes a simple calculator , were easily adapted . Further, it is now finally possible to change the wallpaper of the home screen . In addition , a percentage battery indicator in some of the new Watch Faces .

thearif

Feb 27, 2008

I wonder how reliable this source is. Especially its claim about it being discussed/shown in MWC, which I haven't seen reported on any of the mobile tech websites such as smartwatchfans and engadget, makes me suspect it's reliability. However, things being described are really nice like the watchfaces with more info including weather etc. It is very exciting nonetheless. Looking forward to such a firmware upgrade. Lets keep fingers crossed.

Sent from my HTC One SV using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The SmartWatch 2, which came on the market in September 2013 (as reported) , was one of the first truly mature models on the market . However, it lacked some features or there were significant inconsistencies in the operation ( for our review ) . Now, however, a major update in the wings , which is to iron out any weaknesses.

We have long especially on other watches designs, so gennante Watch Faces , waiting . Now there are five of them , which partly show even quite a lot of information . This includes, among other things, the weather and a pedometer , but also the last notification received with content and the next upcoming alarm. Whether the pedometer works in the clock itself, or the information coming from the smartphone itself , we could not exist in Other improvements concern the notification system. The icon for the news has disappeared and the notification bar , which can be drawn down from above as with Android, is now finally scrollable. In addition, you can now on the clock even choose which app icons should be shown in the home screen and from which apps you want to receive notifications . The former is particularly interesting for apps which only provide notifications, but do not have to be started manually. So you get a little more order in the icon list .

Even the design of a lot has changed . The icons of the preinstalled apps , to which now also includes a simple calculator , were easily adapted . Further, it is now finally possible to change the wallpaper of the home screen . In addition , a percentage battery indicator in some of the new Watch Faces .