Can't find GoKeyboard.apk anywhere on nook

Search This thread

brendan10211

Feb 1, 2012
Cary
I have browsed my nook's file system for a while now and I can't seem to find anything related to go keyboard. I reinstalled it a few times, and it runs, but to enable it the apk must be in /system/app. Go keyboard tells me to go to settings->language and keyboard, then enable go keyboard, but that doesn't exist.

Please help? The only fix I can find for the broken android keyboard is installing another one, but it just doesn't work.

Renate

Recognized Contributor / Inactive Recognized Dev
Different tools may enable settings for IME selection.

If you want to do it manually, you can use the method below.
I don't know what the package is for Go Keyboard, so I list my NullKbd package.

Code:
adb pull /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db settings.db

sqlite3 settings.db
update secure set value='com.android.inputmethod.latin/.LatinIME:com.temblast.nullkbd/.NullKeyboard' where name='enabled_input_methods';
update secure set value='com.temblast.nullkbd/.NullKeyboard' where name='default_input_method';
.q

adb push settings.db /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db

Reactions: brendan10211

brendan10211

Feb 1, 2012
Cary
Thanks!

I checked the package name when it was running, and it was com.jp.gokeyboard. Should I replace null with that?

bobstro

Jun 6, 2009
After installing, you should find the installed .apk under /data/app. Just move that to /system/app and reboot. You should then be able to set it as your default using NookTouch Tools.

I had Go Keyboard installed in this manner, but have since replaced it. Sorry, but I don't recall the full .apk name.

brendan10211

Feb 1, 2012
Cary
Thanks for your help. I will look around in /data/app for the apk.

Question: What file browser do you use? I can't seem to browse /data with mine.

zholy

Sep 13, 2011
Root Explorer or ES file manager (in ES in the settings you have to tick to make system rewritable)

Sent from my MB526 using xda premium

Last edited:

Renate

Recognized Contributor / Inactive Recognized Dev
I checked the package name when it was running, and it was com.jp.gokeyboard.

You did? It's actually jb. To be exact, com.jb.gokeyboard/.GoKeyboard

Code:
adb pull /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db settings.db

sqlite3 settings.db
update secure set value='com.android.inputmethod.latin/.LatinIME:com.jb.gokeyboard/.GoKeyboard' where name='enabled_input_methods';
update secure set value='com.jb.gokeyboard/.GoKeyboard' where name='default_input_method';
.q

adb push settings.db /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db

brendan10211

Feb 1, 2012
Cary

Code:

sqlite3 settings.db
update secure set value='com.android.inputmethod.latin/.LatinIME:com.jb.gokeyboard/.GoKeyboard' where name='enabled_input_methods';
update secure set value='com.jb.gokeyboard/.GoKeyboard' where name='default_input_method';
.q

Glad I didn't actually do anything yet! :D thanks

brendan10211

Feb 1, 2012
Cary
Sorry for double post..
But obviously I got it working. Thanks guys! Now to search for hackers keyboard.

Edit: can't seem to search market. How does one do searchmarket?

Sent from my NOOK

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Different tools may enable settings for IME selection.

If you want to do it manually, you can use the method below.
    I don't know what the package is for Go Keyboard, so I list my NullKbd package.

Code:

sqlite3 settings.db
    update secure set value='com.android.inputmethod.latin/.LatinIME:com.temblast.nullkbd/.NullKeyboard' where name='enabled_input_methods';
    update secure set value='com.temblast.nullkbd/.NullKeyboard' where name='default_input_method';
    .q

After installing, you should find the installed .apk under /data/app. Just move that to /system/app and reboot. You should then be able to set it as your default using NookTouch Tools.

I had Go Keyboard installed in this manner, but have since replaced it. Sorry, but I don't recall the full .apk name.
    I checked the package name when it was running, and it was com.jp.gokeyboard.

Code:

sqlite3 settings.db
    .q