[APP][2.3.3+] CloudCube - browse and sync your files with any cloud

Search This thread

madLyfe

Dec 17, 2011
maybe add the ability to have folder syncs only go one way so you dont have to cancel the download then start the upload? directional syncs?

aash-86

May 30, 2013
+1 for Mediafire.

Just a little review of this app:

1. Too laggy. I think the interface takes up too much ram? Is it possible to change it in such a way that it fits the Android UI Guidelines? Please don't take this as an insult or anything. It's just that my phone has less than < 30mb ram available and it lacks for me :(
  2. Long press a Cloud storage at the navigation sidebar or folder brings me to an Activity with nothing in it. Logcat needed?
1) Application is on optimized yet. Now we need to stabilize functionality of application. And after that we will do some optimization tips to minimaze RAM, battary and CPU usage.

2) Long press displays activity with current active actions for only given object. It is like page with available actions for storage, but for single object if such has any actions. In future we will change this functionality to display, for example, some useful commands for folders and files.

Thanks for your feedback!

aash-86

May 30, 2013
I don't like the UI, too.
And to be more specific, it's completely against holo design guidelines. you should use the actionbar and tabs instead of iPhone-ish bottombar buttons.
The sort of actionbar u have already seems self built. u can use actionbarsherlock if you want to keep compatibility.
And I saw u are using a custom dialog style. you shouldn't ;) The general guideline is to theme your app as less as possible. Just personalize it a little bit with colors.

About the functionality itself: nice work :)

We will do some optimization of UI for tablets. Also we will do optimization of UI for less memory usage.

aash-86

May 30, 2013
Good app but would like to see Mega and Copy cloud if you click the link you can join with my referal,5GB each extra.

Ok thoughts on the app,

1. Think I found a bug,files in the google drive bin which do not show up in the Drive app as they are deleted but show in CloudCube.
2. File Operation,other as installing an app what can be done with files? How do you move/copy/ delete etc.... ?
3. UI Its fine although a dark theme would be nice :)

Looking forward to CloudCube app development I can see it only getting better :good:

Hi!

Copy will be added in soon time. Mega now hasn't any public REST API that can be used for integrate to application, but we has plans to do that after such functionality will be provided by Mega team.

Answers for your questions:

1) Yes, we has such bug and will fix it. Thanks for test it!
2) File operations available from context menu, after selection of any file or folder
3) Themes now is not priority task, because we need to fix current problems with UI, such as memory usage and slow response time.

Thans for your feedback!

aash-86

May 30, 2013
Awesomme app, really a must have! No problems so far.

When pressing back, the app quit instead of going back to the page before. Is it possible to add this as a setting? Is it possible in the future to programm the app in such a way that the quota of all your cloud storage is added to "one" virtual cloud. In such a way that the app manage all the clouds in the background and the user manages "one" total cloud?

Hi!

Now you can group all your storages and work with all of them as with single one. And when you will add files to one of them, that has no available space, the application will inform you about this and request confirmation for ability to continue adding files to another storages in group.

madLyfe

Dec 17, 2011
can you give the ability to backup CloudCube's own application data? thanks and what about directional syncing?

aash-86

May 30, 2013
can you give the ability to backup CloudCube's own application data? thanks and what about directional syncing?

Now application allow to backup only settings (like added accounts, current language). In future we has plans to do backup of syncing settings. What do you mean as 'own application data'?

Directional syncing is implementing now and will be available soon, but only for 'onetime syncing'. For 'long-time' syncing we has plans to modify this functionality with ability to add more advanced settings like (sync time, sync method, etc)

Last edited:

madLyfe

Dec 17, 2011
Now application allow to backup only settings (like added accounts, current language). In future we has plans to do backup of syncing settings. What do you mean as 'own application data'?

Directional syncing is implementing now and will be available soon, but only for 'onetime syncing'. For 'long-time' syncing we has plans to modify this functionality with ability to add more advanced settings like (sync time, sync method, etc)
i want to backup 'cloudcube' app data with helium.. at the bottom of helium it says the app dev doesnt allow for us to backup its data..

B73C

Mar 7, 2007
Google Drive Sync

Hi there,

I'm trying to sync a fairly large folder on my Google Drive account to my phone, but when I click the Resync action on the folder I get a toast message of "The action 'Downloading files' was canceled for an unknown reason".

Any ideas?

gabner

Oct 10, 2010
Hi there,

I'm trying to sync a fairly large folder on my Google Drive account to my phone, but when I click the Resync action on the folder I get a toast message of "The action 'Downloading files' was canceled for an unknown reason".

Any ideas?

I'm having the same error syncing files from dropbox.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Browse, synchronize and do anything with all your storages just with single one.

New version is available - View attachment cloudcube-1.0.0b7.apk
    What's new:
    1.0.0b7:
    • [feature]: Added support for new storage types as result of user's requests: Copy, SugarSync, 4shared (SugarSync has some limitation for adding folders to root of storage);
    • [bugfix]: Fixed issue with impossibility to add more than one account of same storage type;
    • [bugfix]: Fixed some issues as result of user's feedback;

1.0.0b6:
    • [improvement]: Added partial translation to some languages like Portuguese, French, Romanian, Chinese, Croatian, Spanish, Turkish, Italian, Bulgarian;
    • [feature]: Exit from application will be done only by double click on Back button;
    • [feature]: From file's context menu now can do only "one-time" sync, but for any number of selected files;
    • [feature]: "long-time" sync available now as separate action;
    • [bugfix]: fixed issue with uploading new files to Box with Cyrillic symbols in name;
    • [bugfix]: some minor bugfix and optimization as result of user's feedbacks (Thanks for all);

1.0.0b5:
    • [improvement]: Added partial translation to German (thanks to rvs2000);
    • [improvement]: Image preview now available only in "full-screen" navigation mode;
    • [improvement]: Minor performance improvement for main navigation;
    • [bugfix]: Fixed issue with indexing files for multiple storages;
    • [bugfix]: Fixed issue with language change after application restart;
    • [bugfix]: Fixed issue with file update when new version of file can be located at root of storage;

1.0.0b4:
    • Navigation buttons now has labels;
    • Home screen now has some useful actions;
    • Added ability to search storage's files in offline cache;
    • Added ability to index all storage's files to offline cache for the subsequent use in offline mode;
    • Added ability to share selected files and folders, that has been loaded, with external application;
    • Added ability to browse all active actions at once for all storages;
    • Some minor bugfix as result of feedback letters;

This app will allow you:

1. Look through files at once several storages at the same time
    2. Synchronize any folders on your device with any folders of storages and vice versa (in plans, synchronization of selective files)
    3. Download and upload folders entirely
    4. Download, modify and upload your files without any delays - all your actions will be queued and processed in future when your force it or when internet connection will be available
    5. Work with several your storages just with single one - if you upload any data and the target storage has insufficient space, application will inform you about it and request permissions to continue uploading into another storage
    6. Get full control of any application activity - any action of application will be queued, where you can always remove or suspend it. Also, you can always suspend or resume work of full queue in case of need
    7. Be aware of any problems during the work with your storages - at any propblem (for example, the file demands confirmation on rewriting/removal/updating, the storage demands repeated authorization etc.) the application will prompt you to make some choice and you never lose your data

Currently supported accounts:
    1. Dropbox
    2. Box
    3. SkyDrive
    4. Google Drive
    5. Yandex.Disk
    6. Copy
    7. SugarSync
    8. 4shared

Currently supported languages:
    1. English
    2. Russian
    3. German

Screenshots:
    help_filelist_2.jpghelp_filelist_3.jpghelp_filelist_4.jpghelp_filelist_5.jpg
    help_filelist_6.jpghelp_filelist_7.jpghelp_filelist_sync_2_1.jpghelp_filelist_sync_4.jpg
    home_screen.jpgstoragelist_1.jpghelp_actionlist_1.jpghelp_actionlist_2.jpg
    help_settings_1.jpg

It is free and beta version of application and I will be glad to hear any your remarks and wishes.

In plans to do in first stable version:
    1. Optimize performance and battery consumption
    2. Add opportunity to sync any selective files
    3. Optimize for tablet devices
    4. Possibly something else on what you can affect;)

Download it:View attachment cloudcube-1.0.0b7.apk

Or find it at Google Play by keyword CloudCube
    Looks good, any plans to support copy and Ubuntu one in the future?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Yes, in next plans (after stabilization of current functionality) we will add all popular storages like Ubuntu, SygarSync, Amazon S3, Copy, MegaCloud, etc.
    can't add dropbox i don't know why

Try to download last version (1.0.0b3) that has fix of problem with connection to dropbox with installed official client
    Very awesome Thankyou :D If you Could add Ubuntu One , You are the best!! Thanks again

Ubuntu One +1

Thank you for the very fine app!!
    Wtf? I love the UI. Its super clean

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app