Can't call or text on 4.4/4.1 android!? HELP!

Search This thread

Peterlouisl

Nov 28, 2013
I was recently on a rom and today i updated to CM 11, and couldn't make any calls, or texts. I could connect to 4G though which is weird to me... I then went back to beans rom 22 which is 4.1.2 thinking it'll work, but nothing. Can you please help me! Please. I have no idea what baseband i should be on.. thanks

mad96

Dec 5, 2010
You may have to odin either to a rooted stock rom or a complete odin unrooted stock image to fix it. I had a similar situation and after many attempts I was forced into going back to stock and rerooting and unlocking via adam outlers casual process which is located in the Verizon i605 development section. You will need to know what version you first rooted on and use that odin image to restore. Hoope this helps get yiu in the rigjt direction.:D

NUKED N2

N_Jones

Jul 23, 2010
Fort Worth
Just do a factory reset from a touch wiz rom and it wii fix the problem... no need to poison back to stock.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

SJonesGSO

Jul 2, 2012
I was having this exact same issue and still haven't resolved it. No, restoring to 100% stock does NOT fix the issue.

zHuunter

Dec 1, 2013
Room?

whos room are you using ? im using sspencer10 and everything is perfect just as a normal 4.4 kitkat very smooth and work 100% perfect u should try it out ;)

Killer Turtle

Mar 24, 2011
If you load a TW ROM, then boot into recovery and wipe everything,then install the TW ROM it should fix it, don't do a restore from a backup as it won't fix it. I have used nephilims latest and it works every time. Also, once you install 4.4 you will probably loses phone and text if you try to install any other rom

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

N_Jones

Jul 23, 2010
Fort Worth
After you get your tw rom loaded go into settings and do a factory reset. Do it from settings and not from recovery. You must run through the setup to reprovision your phone do not do a restore and it should fix the problem.

Reactions: Sithben24

Sithben24

Sep 29, 2010
www.twitter.com
After you get your tw rom loaded without anything wiringgo into settings and do a factory reset. Do it from settings and not from recovery. You must run through the setup to reprovision your phone do not do a restore and it should fix the problem.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using

Awesome! Thanks man. That worked! I tried so much today but nothing worked. I really appreciate the advice.

l-go

Dec 30, 2012
ran into this issue made attempt to odin back to stock but got stuck at boot now cant communicate phone with computer?any help with next step please!

SonOfUncleSam

Mar 23, 2011
Dayton
Hey all, I was wondering if there was an update to this? (Or if anyone else has found something that has worked)

Here is what I have tried so far (and all attempts have failed)...
** All the following attempts at installation used CWM Recovery 6.0.4.3 **
1) Install the ROM (SlimROM 4.4 over 4.3, clean install, wiped cache/data/system/dalvik 3x)
2) Flashed Nandroid of Stock TW ROM (rooted), then installed Slim 4.4 (Clean flash failed, then tried dirty flash, which also failed)
3) Reverted back to stock (The Official VRAMC3), Re-rooted, Installed CWM 6.0.4.3 (Dirty flashed first, which failed. Then did a clean installation, which again failed)
4) Flashed the new MJ9 Modem (with the 4.4 ROM installed), which failed.

Has anyone else had a similar problem, which then fixed it?

joshsikora

Aug 1, 2013
Same Issue

After you get your tw rom loaded go into settings and do a factory reset. Do it from settings and not from recovery. You must run through the setup to reprovision your phone do not do a restore and it should fix the problem.

Any other advice? This method did not work for me unfortunately.

SonOfUncleSam

Mar 23, 2011
Dayton
Hey all, I got it working (the data/network connection that is), with a little effort. Here is what I did in sequence...

1) Reflash the ORIGINAL VRALJB image via ODIN. I used the one found here. You want to make sure you get the one that replaces EVERYTHING, i.e., NOT the alternative restore.

2) I set up my phone and used it normally for about four hours. (This may or may not be necessary, I'm not entirely sure. I also rebooted the phone about five times during that time frame.)

3) I unlocked and rooted the phone via the method outlined here. After that was done, I installed CWM 6.0.4.3 via TWRP (which the unlocking process installs).

4) I then installed CM 11 and the respective Google apps. (I first did a backup, then a factory reset, then cache wipe, then dalvik wipe. The next thing I did was install CM 11, then Gapps.)

5) Restart the phone and success!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.