MMS Issues

Search This thread

alexander7567

May 9, 2011
I know way back in the CM 7 days, I had a bunch of issues with Bluegrass Cellular and MMS when I used CM. I fixed this by updating my APNs and flashing a modified Misc.img. I still have this Misc.img from my HTC Desire CDMA phone, but now I have a HTC Deluxe. Is it okay to flash that same file and see if it fixes the MMS or does anyone else have a better idea?

CM Nightly cm-11-20140508-NIGHTLY-dlx.zip

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Don't try the Misc.img. But you should just be able to add the APNs. If you don't have that option, then look at a 3rd party SMS app that allows you to add your own MMS settings. Ones that support this include but are not limited to:

Go SMS Pro
Hello SMS
Easy SMS
Chomp SMS
Textra
Handcent SMS
Sliding Messaging

Pretty sure those all support it and there's probably a couple more floating around there too.

alexander7567

May 9, 2011
Don't try the Misc.img. But you should just be able to add the APNs. If you don't have that option, then look at a 3rd party SMS app that allows you to add your own MMS settings. Ones that support this include but are not limited to:

Go SMS Pro
Hello SMS
Easy SMS
Chomp SMS
Textra
Handcent SMS
Sliding Messaging

Pretty sure those all support it and there's probably a couple more floating around there too.

Thank you very much for your reply... But I have already added the APN settings from what it was years ago. Not sure if there is a way to grab them off a nandroid backup, but even after adding those APN settings, I still can't get or send anything.

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Well what messenger are you using? If it isn't working with stock, then try a 3rd party alternative. This is not uncommon with CM for CDMA devices as typically CM is built for GSM and then adapted to work with CDMA. Sometimes there's little weird things like that. Did you check in the thread for the rom you are using to see if other users are reporting similar problems? It's also possible the APNs are different from GB to KK. That happens often.

alexander7567

May 9, 2011
Okay, I tried using Handcent SMS and manually set the MMS settings and I still get the same thing.. Sending..

Isnt there a site that lists all the APN settings so I can make sure they havent changed? Or is there a way to get them from the stock nandroid backup?

And yes, I looked there and there was only 17 threads total, and there was nothing about MMS.

Last edited:

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Did you do a clean or dirty flash? Users are reporting issues while dirty flashing that breaks MMS. Also, a few were having problems using 3rd party apps, but got it to work by adding the settings to Hangouts and sending via there. Another option is grabbing the /system/etc/apns-conf.xml from your original rom and moving that to the same folder of CM, make sure the permissions are set and reboot. Most of the sites with APN settings are only for GSM as typically most people don't need to mess with them for CDMA stuff. I found this:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1671592

and

http://forum.melbia.com/bluegrass-c...ar-apn-settings-for-iphone-android-t1011.html

for the actual settings themselves, though do not know if they work for KK, being that threads were from a year or 2 ago.

alexander7567

May 9, 2011
Well not sure what has changed but now I am getting "service not available on network.". And I have already followed those posts. I actually posted on the first one years ago.

I'm not trying to be difficult, just nothing is working

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk