FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

I think I bricked my tablet

100 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By sungod88, Senior Member on 12th October 2012, 11:22 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey all I'm getting is the Archos screen then it freezes...I think I may have bricked it. I went into Dev edition and tried to format the whole device but that didn't work. I was running a rooted rom then the Graphics started acting funny. I went in tried to reset the firmware and now it's not working. Anyone have a fix I can attempt
13th October 2012, 12:09 AM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 21,039

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sungod88

Hey all I'm getting is the Archos screen then it freezes...I think I may have bricked it. I went into Dev edition and tried to format the whole device but that didn't work. I was running a rooted rom then the Graphics started acting funny. I went in tried to reset the firmware and now it's not working. Anyone have a fix I can attempt

Hi !

What version of rom you had installed before !
13th October 2012, 12:33 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
It was actually 4.0.7 from.you haha. I installed a few apps then the graphics got funny so I tried to repair next thing I know it freezes on the opening screen. I imagine i.just have to reflash the image but how can I adb push it if i.can't get my system on.
13th October 2012, 12:37 AM |#4  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 169

Donate to Me
More
Moved to general.
13th October 2012, 12:38 AM |#5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Paris

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

It was actually 4.0.7 from.you haha. I installed a few apps then the graphics got funny so I tried to repair next thing I know it freezes on the opening screen. I imagine i.just have to reflash the image but how can I adb push it if i.can't get my system on.

can you try to see if adb works ?
> adb devices
let me know if it works ...
13th October 2012, 12:43 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
I thought of that to but no device shows up in the a80s screen and in the frozen screen no device either
13th October 2012, 12:47 AM |#7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Paris

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I thought of that to but no device shows up in the a80s screen and in the frozen screen no device either

Ok !

but how did you manage to install aRom for Gen9 in a Gen8 device ?
13th October 2012, 12:52 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
I'm using a g9 device Idk how we ended up.in g8 section.lol but it's the 80 g9 I tried everything I can think of
13th October 2012, 06:31 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Anyone with some advice Also could a Mod please move this to G9 General. My device is the 80 G9. I can't push to ADB because the device won't boot. Is there anything else I can do?
13th October 2012, 06:50 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
GOT IT! Had the bright Idea to grab the small firmware from the Archos site and do the firmware update with it from the A80S menu! thank god lol
13th October 2012, 10:11 AM |#11  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Paris

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

GOT IT! Had the bright Idea to grab the small firmware from the Archos site and do the firmware update with it from the A80S menu! thank god lol

Hi !

If you have SDE installed , try this :

- reset your device ! ( press & keep about 10 sec. on power button ! )
- now after release power button , press & keep volume down and also press and keep power button ! -> normal you will be able to see SDE menu !
- in SDE menu just Reformat System -> Reformat Device -> I undestand -> OK ! , connect USB cable and copy here official firmware 4.0.7 .aos file !
Good luck !
The Following User Says Thank You to surdu_petru For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift surdu_petru Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)