Xperia x10i help required

Search This thread

Android Noobie

Jun 21, 2012
Melbourne
Hello,

Just picked up one of these 2nd hand for a young man I know.
It has a custom rom on it that has issues.
I am trying to use sony pc companion to try to fix but for some reason I can not connect to pc.
I plug in the usb cable but nothing shows on the pc.
Hoping someone can help me please.
I have tried 2 different leads but still nothing.

Cheers

Dr Goodvibes

Dec 8, 2011
Hello,

Just picked up one of these 2nd hand for a young man I know.
It has a custom rom on it that has issues.
I am trying to use sony pc companion to try to fix but for some reason I can not connect to pc.
I plug in the usb cable but nothing shows on the pc.
Hoping someone can help me please.
I have tried 2 different leads but still nothing.

Cheers

If the PC is Windows 7 or 8 you should see a USB connection.

Any USB 2.0 MicroUSB data cable should work.
When you plug the USB data cable into the PC and the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10i phone, do you get an LED light indicating the phone is being charged(powered) via the USB port? You should see an LED power light.

On the phone you can enable USB debugging ( Settings ► Applications ► Development )
This won't 'enable' the connection but it does:
a) Provide an advance software connection between PC and phone for software updates and etc.
b) Displays a little Android icon on the phone to show something is connected.

When the phone is connected in USB data mode, you should see a new drive appear on the PC.

These are just very basic things but just covering them as we progress through to a solution.

PC Companion is a good app to start with to restore the phone back to stock firmware.
Another Sony Application is Sony [Ericsson] Update Service(SEUS) Sony Update Service
Sony Update Service just focuses on the firmware update and does not have the PC suite and Tools of the extended PC Companion application.

SEUS may provide the 'kick' the PC needs to request access to look for SEMC USB drivers to establish phone/PC connection.

There is also Flashtool.
This will still need the PC to provide USB drivers, which is should prompt for, but could require manual driver configuration.
In the Flashtool folder there is a driver install app that prompts for drivers of a given phone, but this is not always a 100% sure fire solution.

So, I'd check using SEUS to start with and see if things improve.

Android Noobie

Jun 21, 2012
Melbourne
Thanks mate.
I did SEUS and it said the phone was up to date.
I tried again to use Sony pc companion.
I get to the part where it says drop down the menu and tap usb then mount.
The phone does not do that.
When I drop down the menu all I get is usb debugging.
When I plug into pc via usb lead I see an icon which says cd drive I but I can not open the drive.

Last edited: