[ROM] 12/30/11 - CleanROM 3.0 Preview 1 Now Available!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jlear3

Aug 22, 2011
possibly it came with the crt animations .zip... is there a general apk or zip i can use to get it back?

jlear3

Aug 22, 2011
Hmmmm... Where is the CRT Animation you used? I may be able to hack it to get the clock back.

I used the il_duce_combo.zip to get the crt, I just re-read the posts where they talk about it and found theres already a flashable .zip to fix it, thanks tho!!!
EDIT: just tried to flash the add_taskbar_clock.zip and got (status) 0 Installation aborted. :(

Last edited:

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
I used the il_duce_combo.zip to get the crt, I just re-read the posts where they talk about it and found theres already a flashable .zip to fix it, thanks tho!!!
EDIT: just tried to flash the add_taskbar_clock.zip and got (status) 0 Installation aborted. :(

That generally means that the meta-inf in the zip is not formatted correctly. If you post links I am sure I can fix it for you.

klubhead

Nov 29, 2007
No working crt animations yet?

Running 2.1.. Flashed the honeycomb battery zip, all worked great.. Lovin this ROM!

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

c4inam2n

Sep 8, 2009
Help!!!

Ok I did the HTC unlock cuz i updated my s/w dumb me....anywho unlocked s-on successful in loading cwm recovery and flashed this rom....b4 this rom i was on the 2.0 version.....ok so everything is all good runs good no issue what so ever, shoot the phone should have came like this...great job on the rom by the way...ok i know its stated that 3g/4g is confirmed for the tethering.....but im still not able to get 4g on the sprint hotspot or any tethering app for that fact, the APKs install load and turn on and off fine but it just will not transmit data for my wifi enabled device to work...anyone out there that could help shed some light on this plz do so as i need the 4g side of the tethering to work. Thanks Guys

Last edited:

Askym

Dec 13, 2007
Minnesota
just curious...can i take out the mms.apk and put in the one from cm7? i hate this new mms program...i hate bubbles

Scott

No working crt animations yet?

Running 2.1.. Flashed the honeycomb battery zip, all worked great.. Lovin this ROM!

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Nope, no CRT. I will work on that later though...

Ok I did the HTC unlock cuz i updated my s/w dumb me....anywho unlocked s-on successful in loading cwm recovery and flashed this rom....b4 this rom i was on the 2.0 version.....ok so everything is all good runs good no issue what so ever, shoot the phone should have came like this...great job on the rom by the way...ok i know its stated that 3g/4g is confirmed for the tethering.....but im still not able to get 4g on the sprint hotspot or any tethering app for that fact, the APKs install load and turn on and off fine but it just will not transmit data for my wifi enabled device to work...anyone out there that could help shed some light on this plz do so as i need the 4g side of the tethering to work. Thanks Guys

Hmmm... Not sure man... I dont have 4G close by so I cant tell you for certanty why its not working for you but all my beta peeps said it was workign without hitch as well as the WiFi Tether thread that I got the WiFi tehter from. I know the Sprint HotSpot will not work with 4G but the included WiFi Tether app that I loaded in the ROM does... Once again, I cant test that but have no reason to doubt the people who confirmed it working.

You didint try to load any other Tether app did you?
just curious...can i take out the mms.apk and put in the one from cm7? i hate this new mms program...i hate bubbles

You can try but I don't think it will work.

loaferkan

Oct 16, 2007
New York
I hope, to not upgrade to anyother build or RoM anymore...it has everything I got....few things that I have installed that would be recommended and that actually works great with this RoM:

Crackle, Juice defender, IM+Pro, MegaView, NetFlex, Phonelocator, Music Download, Tango, VeVo, IheartRadio, oh I think Font Changer is a must, Documents to Go- removed Polaris office, File Expert, and App 2 Sd free....

these software has made my phone fun, and secure, :D

Reactions: Scott

Scott

I hope, to not upgrade to anyother build or RoM anymore...it has everything I got....few things that I have installed that would be recommended and that actually works great with this RoM:

Crackle, Juice defender, IM+Pro, MegaView, NetFlex, Phonelocator, Music Download, Tango, VeVo, IheartRadio, oh I think Font Changer is a must, Documents to Go- removed Polaris office, File Expert, and App 2 Sd free....

these software has made my phone fun, and secure, :D
Good suggestions!

I was gonna put up an app pack that I like in the ROM Updater so peeps can see what I am running.

Scott

Add to ROM Updater: Sprint App Pack

Add to ROM Updater: Sprint App Pack

MOD_Sprint_App_Pack.jpg

Will install the following Sprint Apps
Sprint TV
Sprint Radio
Sprint Zone
Telenav
Sprint Mobile Wallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CR.png

Preview 1

CleanROM was designed to be a cleaned up Sprint Stock ROM with some features and enhancements! This is not a heavily themed ROM!
    All HTC and Google Apps are up to date as of 12/30/2011.
    ROM is de-odexed and based on official Sprint RUU 2.08.651.2.

Features
    • Kernel: stock kernel by mwalt with capacitive light dimming and always on notification LED
    • ROM Tweaks: ROM Tweaks by Evo Bryan ported from RomanBB - More options than ever!
    • Apps: ES File Explorer, DSP Manager
    • Tethering: WiFi Tether for 3G and 4G Wireless Tether / Sprint Hotspot
    • Tweaked: Performance, Battery, MMS, Browser, more!

Changes is in this version:
    • Changed: Massive Framework changes! Do not use old mods from the 2.x series. They will break the advanced functionality. Its only safe to flash fonts and ringtones. Read more below in the Important Note!
    • Added: ROM Tweaks by Evo Bryan. This is the ULTIMATE in ROM customization.
    • Removed: ROM Updater. See Important Note below!
    • Updated: All apps as usual

Known Issues / Why is it only a preview build?
    • Due to framework changes the old mods will not work!
    • Due to framework changes there is a gap in icon spacing when the sync icon or the Headphone icon is shown in the status bar. There could be other status bar icon mismatches but they would be minor visual issues and NOT affect performance or stability. Find one point it out so I can fix it!

CR_3.0.p1.png

Important Note:
    ROM Updater has been removed due to massive framework changes! Do not flash any old mods to this ROM except Ringtones and Fonts. There is a project in the works that will replace ROM Updater. I hope to have it off the ground in a few weeks. I will let you know when its ready! For the time being use the UOT Kitchen to make battery changes and share any mods you make for other people. If you want to learn how to port over the old tweaks to the new frame work just post a thread and I will help you. Its not hard but is time consuming to port 90+ mods.

Download via Talkatap app here

Donations always accepted but never expected!
    Donate via Tapatalk

Please THANK this thread if you enjoy this offering!
    Prerequisites
    • Custom Recovery installed
    • hboot 1.3 / hboot 1.4 / hboot 1.5
    • Note to hboot 1.5 Users you will loose WiFi and 4G unless read the hboot 1.5 notes HERE

How to Flash
    • Download ROM and place on the root of your SD Card
    • Boot into recovery mode
    • Wipe Data / Factory Reset
    • Flash ROM
    • Reboot and enjoy!

Change Log

How to use ROM Updater!

• You must read the instructions HERE to use ROM Updater!

Thanks to:

• bcblend / mwalt2 - Kernel
    • Beta Team: brol1k, F_K3NT_D, Newboyx, lrod0175, AZ FadeOut and many others!
    1.5 HBOOT Fastboot Recovery Instructions

***This method is for those used this particular HTC unlock method http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=16808235#post16808235 It should be pretty much the same with other methods as long as the files and folders are named the same***

1. Go to settings>power and make sure fast boot is NOT checked.

2. Power down your device

3. Boot into the bootloader (Vol Down + Pwr Button)

4. Once your into the bootloader, highlight fastboot and hit the pwr button.

5. Connect you phone to your pc via usb cable and your phone should now say Fastboot USB.

6. Open the command prompt on your PC, and navigate to the rootevo3dnew folder you downloaded during the unlocking process above.(example type C:\cd\rootevo3dnew to get to C:\rootevo3dnew).

7. Type the following command in the command prompt: fastboot boot cwm-4.0.1.4-shooter.img (again this is for the unlock method above. If you used a different recovery change the recovery.img in the command to your particular recovery.img file name) and press enter.

8. Your phone should have now booted into Recovery. From here you can wipe cache/flash zips as you normally would and enjoy the added benefits of flashing custom kernels.

If I missed anything please feel free to correct me as I am currently at work and trying to do many things at once lol.

Updates in Version 2.3
    Removed: Teeter, Gooogle Music, XDA App, Google+, FOTA Updates
    Added: Quick Lookup
    Added: MMS Options - 5 MB Limit with Back Up and Restore
    Added: Camera Mod with HDR and Panoramic modes
    Added: Zip Align on boot
    Updated: WiFi Tether to 3.1B6
    Updated: Minor UI Changes to ROM Updater
    Moved: Flash Light to System

Please hit the Thanks button if you like this offering!
    CleanROM 2.8 is now released!

Changes in Version 2.8 - 11/7/2011
    • Reverted: Kernel from Bcblend and other kernel tweaks to mwalts stock dimmed lights kernel.
    • Added: Stock Battery to SD Card in CleanROM folder
    • Updated: Market 3.3.11
    • Updated: WiFi Tether 3.1-pre 100
    • Updated: ES File Explorer 1.6.0.7
    • Updated: Maps 5.11.0
    • Updated: Gmail 2.3.5.2
    • Updated: Adobe Flash 11.0.1.153
    • Updated: Host File
    CR_2.7.png

Please hit Thanks and Dontae :D