[Guide] Huawei Ascend Y300 Unlock & Root

Search This thread

Waqar90

Feb 8, 2013
Lahore
You do not need SDK, only usb drivers
Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0100 using Tapatalk 2
In fastboot mood, "Huawei Ascend” is shown... Is it right?
I installed cell phone drivers from link given in this guide.
After ur post, i search usb drivers for Huawei and Installed from huawei website (following link)
http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwi...=toDownloadFile&flay=software&softid=Mzk1MzA=
But my PC still did not recognize my cell:( still device is not shown when i Open" check_bootloader.bat":(
Is USB driver that u mentioned are different?
If Yes, can u post link here Please
If the bootloader is still locked you cannot flash a new recovery or custom rom.
To flash these the bootloader has to be unlocked.
Yeah thats why i am trying to unlock bootloader and flash recovery but problem is that PC is not recognizing cell in fastboot mood(At my fastboot screen, "Huawei Ascend” is shown, is it right?)
Have u any idea how it can be solved

Last edited:

elmkzgirxp

May 16, 2013
My bootloader is still locked. I rooted without unlocking it.
Instructions are given in this thread of xpda
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2290610
Now i Wanna unlock bootloader and flash recovery and seeking for Help in this regard

Does the pack that you downloaded from this site has an unroot button? If not, maybe replacing the ROM would work. Try downloading build version B176. Then Force Upgrade.

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

Does the pack that you downloaded from this site has an unroot button? If not, maybe replacing the ROM would work. Try downloading build version B176. Then Force Upgrade.

Oh, wait. You don't have to unroot. You only have to unlock the bootloader...

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

In fastboot mood, "Huawei Ascend” is shown... Is it right?
I installed cell phone drivers from link given in this guide.
After ur post, i search usb drivers for Huawei and Installed from huawei website (following link)
http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwi...=toDownloadFile&flay=software&softid=Mzk1MzA=
But my PC still did not recognize my cell:( still device is not shown when i Open" check_bootloader.bat":(
Is USB driver that u mentioned are different?
If Yes, can u post link here Please

Yeah thats why i am trying to unlock bootloader and flash recovery but problem is that PC is not recognizing cell in fastboot mood(At my fastboot screen, "Huawei Ascend” is shown, is it right?)
Have u any idea how it can be solved

After you have downloaded and installed the link, you'll have to run Driver Tools. Have you done it?

Reactions: Waqar90

seyyed

Aug 4, 2013
:(:(:(
من گوشیمو روت کردم همش هنگ میکنه!!
میخوام یا آنروتش کنم.
یا اینکه رام رسمی بریزم.
بیلد نامبرم هم b190
میشه ی رام رسمی برای y300 با همین بیلد نامبر معرفی کنید؟؟!
ممنون میشم!:(:(:(

Waqar90

Feb 8, 2013
Lahore
---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

Oh, wait. You don't have to unroot. You only have to unlock the bootloader...
---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

After you have downloaded and installed the link, you'll have to run Driver Tools. Have you done it?
1: Yeah it also has unroot button, i unrooted but there was same problem(pc not recognizing in fastboot mode) that's why i rooted again.
2: Yeah i was to unlock boatloader,wanna flash stock rom and flash recovery also.
I tried to flash by forced and normal way, given in the manual, but it failed at 2/2.
Is there any way to flash stock rom without unlocking bootloader?

Please clear 1 thing also, when i press volume down+power button, my cell stuck at first boot screen showing "Huawei Ascend". Please tell me, is ur cell also stuck at first screen when u try to on ur mobile in fastboot mode?

And from where i can found rom for build number 176.
By the way, my phone's build number is B190. Have u any idea
From where i can found stock rom for it. Or can i flash rom provided by huawei on website?
3: Yeah! I clicked "run the drivers" then it gave 2 options , install special driver and uninstall, or something like that. I clicked first options then it showed the message drivers have been installed

Last edited:

UtkarshAgrawal

Dec 1, 2012
I know that this is not the correct place for it but please could someone post the stock FM Radio apk as I deleted it by mistake.
Thank you

seyyed

Aug 4, 2013
I've always regiment was routed Gvshymv!
Or am I unrooted
Or the official pour ROM.
The Nambrm Bild b190
The official ROM's Bild y300 same numbers to tell??!
I thank you.
I was wrong, sorry if I do not speak English.

mizukage

Aug 25, 2011
Legazpi
guys how to unroot this phone?i just rooted last evening its successful but i think there is a problem on my wifi or playstore shud i say, i cant even download an apps..plz do help me if anyone encounter the same..thanks in advance

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Huawei Ascend Y300 Unlock & Root [How To / Tutorial]

This great little Android 4.1 smartphone has been released to the German market a week ago. At a price tag of merely 150,00 Euro, it's a steal.

But no fun without root, right ?

Now, Huawei locks and secures the bootloader, which makes flashing a custom recovery impossible without messing with the bootloader code itself.

Luckily, i found out that you can request a bootloader unlock-token on the Chinese Huawei website. After unlocking with
    Code:
    fastboot oem unlock XXX16-digits-codeXXX
    we can flash a china-made (aka chinese-language only) ClockworkMod v6.1, that has been compiled for the Y300. After installing SuperSU from CMW, you GOT ROOT.

I have written an extensive dummy-style tutorial on my tumblr blog. Unfortunately, the forum wont let me post outside links. Please go to this URL:

huawei-y300.tumblr.com

Have fun! :D
    You can't install a stock rom, because your IMEI did'nt allow it. The Y300 are saled under two different versions. The one from telefonica and the other for the open market. Open market phones can install the b176cz and the official b175 from huawei. The telefonica devices can only install the official update from huawei, but you got no triggers in the notificationbar. (But theres a fix for telefonica devices made by me, see attachment)
    The solution ist the OEM Info Hack Tool, wich craete a backup of your IMEI, write a custom IMEI, let you flash a rom (b176) and after that it restore your backuped IMEI. Now you are on b176 with telefonica devices. The readme is inside the package.

Btw, other backups and roms could be found here. But remember, it's for Huawei Y300-0100 (U8833-1)
    I'm going to buy this phone for my mother, it's good?
    Good signal? for US$ 130 is kinda'right?

For you it would be around 190$ in comparison to 150€. 1€ equals 1,31$ at the moment.

The signal is way better than my SGS+ I used before I got my Y300. And I can recommend it to everyone who is not searching for something too expensive. It runs at an average speed and the OS is nearly up-to-date with 4.1.1. The only thing which is disturbing for me is the EmotionUI 1.0 which Huawei uses. But besides that it's perfect for that price! :victory:
    still have one crazy idea what i havent tried...
    maybe shankars method can work for you.

only on your own risk!
    i would first put back the twrp and wipe out everything, i mean everything from the phone
    then reboot into bootloader mode and flash back the original recovery, which can be extracted from
    the new firmware build.
    relock the bootloader now and try the UPDATE.APP in the dload folder, booted up with both volume buttons pressed.

maybe it could work, but i can render your phone to a brick like mine, because if the update not going to finish you also not going to have other choice than sending back to service (takes around 4-6 weeks!)

i find backup of huawei y300!
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p1k3jyfhih9g2pg/Ug920rf4GO
    after restore the backup my phone was repaired:)
    It will not turn on anymore. Even after factory reset. It says "Turning Wi-Fi on..." but nothing happens.

Here's what you have to do:

1. Your bootloader must be unlocked, if it is locked, this won't help you.
    2. Download the B176 stock recovery from here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dvnwg21k9ib6don/Recovery Stock [B176].rar

3. Download Android SDK:

developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

4. Go to fastboot. Hold power + up and down volumes for 10 seconds.
    5. Connect your phone to your pc.
    5.a extract the stock recovery rar and copy the recovery-new.img to the address of the next step.
    6. Go to the folder adt-bundle-windows-x86\sdk\platform-tools then hold ctrl + shift then right click on an empty space and click open command window here.
    7. Type "fastboot flash recovery recovery-new.img"
    8. Turn off your phone and turn it on again.

Then you will be redirected to the stock recovery and do some wipes and boot you into your phone. Good luck!

Sent from my B1-A71 using Tapatalk HD