FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

N-Touch OS 5.2.1948 Build 18548 for Atom Exec (Links Updated 21/01/2008)

2,602 posts
Thanks Meter: 82

By abusalza, Senior Member on 13th January 2008, 06:04 AM
Thread Deleted Email Thread
15th January 2008, 06:15 PM |#21  
Flag Islamabad
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Abusalza still waiting for the upload

15th January 2008, 08:23 PM |#22  
He's working on it - still having upload problems
15th January 2008, 11:32 PM |#23  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Question Bluetooth Handsfree
I've been using chartreux's ATOM EXEC WM6 0.7b.0 WWE 20071216A3WWE ROM for quite a while now, ever since it was first released and I must say that I am extremely impressed with what he and many others in the ROM cooking space have done with these old and outdated o2 Atom Exec phones. You have extended the life of our phones.

Now as I wait with bated breath for the new N-Touch release which you are about to deliver, I am delicately poised to re flash with this ROM, however I have experienced much pain with one particular issue that seems to be a recurring phenomenon with a lot of these ROM'S.

The problem I am talking about is when using Bluetoooth headset (not stereo). Pairing is no problem, my Supertooth II pairs and with a click of a button, invokes the Microsoft Voice Command dialer and at that point I am theoretically connected to my handsfree, however when I attempt to make a call my o2 automatically turns into speakerphone mode and uses the mic on the phone rather than the mic on the handsfree and it also makes the volume on the headset very loud and in effect my voice very low to callers. I've tried A2DP fixes, but I don't think they are relevant to mono handsfree kits.

I've played with the SRS WOW HD settings and this helps a little when I choose the Flat profile, but it severely distorts the callers voice if I use say WOW Rock or anything other than Flat.

I notice in the first post of known issues that this one isn't listed, can you confirm that this issue has been resolved in your ROM?

Thanks and keep up the good work.
16th January 2008, 03:54 AM |#24  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskarous

I've been using chartreux's ATOM EXEC WM6 0.7b.0 WWE 20071216A3WWE ROM for quite a while now, ever since it was first released and I must say that I am extremely impressed with what he and many others in the ROM cooking space have done with these old and outdated o2 Atom Exec phones. You have extended the life of our phones.

Now as I wait with bated breath for the new N-Touch release which you are about to deliver, I am delicately poised to re flash with this ROM, however I have experienced much pain with one particular issue that seems to be a recurring phenomenon with a lot of these ROM'S.

The problem I am talking about is when using Bluetoooth headset (not stereo). Pairing is no problem, my Supertooth II pairs and with a click of a button, invokes the Microsoft Voice Command dialer and at that point I am theoretically connected to my handsfree, however when I attempt to make a call my o2 automatically turns into speakerphone mode and uses the mic on the phone rather than the mic on the handsfree and it also makes the volume on the headset very loud and in effect my voice very low to callers. I've tried A2DP fixes, but I don't think they are relevant to mono handsfree kits.

I've played with the SRS WOW HD settings and this helps a little when I choose the Flat profile, but it severely distorts the callers voice if I use say WOW Rock or anything other than Flat.

I notice in the first post of known issues that this one isn't listed, can you confirm that this issue has been resolved in your ROM?

Thanks and keep up the good work.

I had the same problem when using ATOM EXEC WM6 0.7b.0 WWE 20071216A3WWE... Now I'm using RC2 and don't face this problem already.. I'm not using RC3 at this point of time due to TCPMP play not smoothly and I watch a lot of video on my Atom Exec (which I have already highlighted to abusalza)..

RC2 can be found here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=349758
16th January 2008, 05:34 AM |#25  
Flag Sydney

More
Thanks Simon, I guess the question is... (and given abusalza is the creator of RC2) Is it worth waiting for this N-Touch version first before re-flashing with RC2?

I'd imagine RC3 would also resolve my problem given that each ROM would normally be an extensions of the older ROM with improvements / bug fixes, but your mention of TCPMP issues does concern me a little.

But maybe abusalza can give us a clue as to whether N-Touch resolves both our problems i.e. Bluetooth Handsfree and TCPMP not playing smoothly.

I would gladly donate to this cause if it did.
16th January 2008, 05:49 AM |#26  
Coreplayer (the not free version of tcmp) plays fine on RC3.

Hopefully the N-Touch version will be up very soon...
16th January 2008, 08:08 AM |#27  

More
Keep trying to up load abuzalsa....
we're waiting for your new room...
16th January 2008, 09:39 AM |#28  

More
Problem...
Meow...

Hi, everyone. This's my first post. If I'm mistake something then I'm apologize. I've problem with Bluetooth too. My bluetooth headset is i.Tech Clip Radio. I can pair it with my O2 Atom Exec but when I use it to call my friend. Sound was so loud and have many interfere. When I've talk with friend. They've say that my voice was miss. Is there someone already solve this problem? Or I must find new bluetooth to use with it. I use RC3 (Abusalza) and AKU0.7b (Chartreux) ROM. Both got the same problem. I've wait for this new release from Abusalza. So, maybe this release can solve my problem.

And for RC3 (Abusalza) everything was great but TouchFlo was not smooth on my O2. And last time I found this one "Touch Commander" or something like this. I've try it on both ROM. Work just fine and have feeling like iPhone and it don't eat much ram to run. I think if someone need to feel like iPhone.

One issue. Last few day I found some program that I think it was useful. "Carty Studios Ultimate Theft Alert" They say it's work completely stealth. It will check SIM card for everytime that OS boot. If our phone was steal and change SIM then this program will send info of SIM to number that we've set. It was great idea hah!

Wish, there could be someone out there can solve my problem. Somehow...

Thank a lot for Abusalza and Chartreux with their hard work.
And sorry for my language 'cause I'm Thai and I don't have chance to practic this language too much.
16th January 2008, 12:00 PM |#29  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catjung

One issue. Last few day I found some program that I think it was useful. "Carty Studios Ultimate Theft Alert" They say it's work completely stealth. It will check SIM card for everytime that OS boot. If our phone was steal and change SIM then this program will send info of SIM to number that we've set. It was great idea hah!

You do realise this type of soft is a waste of money? All you need to do is reflash the device and then the software is gone - so it is pointless
16th January 2008, 12:33 PM |#30  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskarous

Thanks Simon, I guess the question is... (and given abusalza is the creator of RC2) Is it worth waiting for this N-Touch version first before re-flashing with RC2?

I guess since abusalza is uploading the N-Touch... and if you need to re-flash your Atom Exec... might as well wait for N-Touch.. I'm sure abusalza should able to upload N-Touch quite soon.
16th January 2008, 01:32 PM |#31  

More
Great work and looking for your new ROM
Thanks to save my Atom Exec!!
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread