• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

bigsupersquid

Sep 22, 2010
BFE, MO
Google Pixel 4a 5G
My Optimus V is android-native (upgraded to CM7 with zefie Xionia kernel,) which I do use for phone functions and browsing; but for the past week or so I've been running Debian (first squeeze now sid) on it...
first a chroot while experimenting and getting Squeeze set up, now no chroot needed, can run Debian apps straight from the terminal, and non-driver-required functions. 3G Net access works. Haven't messed around with the wifi or bluetooth in Debian yet since I don't use 'em much.
working on getting x11 running native, since VNC access is slow and bites (works but no sound and gnash gives me a blank frame. I want flash compatibility, blast it!.) Anyone wants to help with native X on the Optimus V, let me know.
I'd post a howto and scripts and such, but I haven't hit my 10-post count yet here on XDA because of the limits on where I can post :mad: and I'm not gonna spam post just to get my count up. Why waste space spamming so I can post in appropriate locations just 'cause there's a protection against spammers which would force me to either spam or post silly/unimportant data? Once I eventually hit 10 posts in some way I feel is appropriate to do it, I'll put up a howto for anyone interested.

Last edited:

Sirklip

Oct 14, 2010
Have just moved over from N900 with Maemo to Pongsters HyperGBX and am much happier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts