[DEV][IDEA]How about small and simple ROM with basic funcionality?

Search This thread

strazdas007

May 26, 2014
Vilnius
Hello guys!

I don't have required 10 posts to post in development section so I'll try to start over here.

{PROBLEM}
For last year I have an idea about really simple custom ROM with basic funcionality like phone, SMS, camera, some apps, no automatic connections and other stuff which eats battery.

Maybe we have something in arena in this section?

If not maybe there are someone interested in developing this kind of ROM?

I know, that some of you may offer me to try out CM, SlimROM's and others. So, I have tried those. And I miss the thing.

{IDEA}
For example sometimes I would like to use my phone just as music player. And no other apps. Or maybe just simple "brick" phone and SMS.

This ROM shouldn't be very customizable but should have some cool features like status bar slide brightness. But it shouldn't have lot of options to select.

It could have simple options to enable or disable programs to run on boot - like I said, just music player or just phone+SMS. In this case on boot there would be no need to load unnecessary libs and other apps.

Maybe then it would be possible to boot device in seconds?

Last edited:

kdrkdr

Mar 3, 2013
Wageningen
www.niksbeters.nl
Install for instance kitkat from adc team. Switch off what you want. (wifi. Sync, bluetooth.) and you have a very quick phone which hardly uses battery. Switch on when you want more and you have a wonderful phone which uses a bit of battery

Reactions: strazdas007

strazdas007

May 26, 2014
Vilnius
Re:.

Install for instance kitkat from adc team. Switch off what you want. (wifi. Sync, bluetooth.) and you have a very quick phone which hardly uses battery. Switch on when you want more and you have a wonderful phone which uses a bit of battery

Hey, I'll give it a try.

Actually when I traveled I modified almost all my phone apps not to be open in background, turned off google market, and other stuff.

But still. I hope it's possible to find or create ROM which would have those features by default.

Update
I wanted to give it a try, but I don't want to risk to flash with ROM designated for my phone (I9000) as ADC team ROM is designated for I9001.

Thank you for suggestion.

Last edited:

strazdas007

May 26, 2014
Vilnius
First test - barebone ROM

Today I played simply with app folder within CM 10.2.1 ROM.
Also I deleted lot of stuff from gapps for basic contacts synchronization.

I left these apk:
Apollo.apk
Contacts.apk
ContactsProvider.apk
DeskClock.apk
Dialer.apk
DSPManager.apk
FusedLocation.apk
InputDevices.apk
KeyChain.apk
LatinIME.apk
MediaProvider.apk
Mms.apk
org.zeam-1.apk - smaller and faster launcher - non-CM
Phone.apk
Provision.apk
Settings.apk
SettingsProvider.apk
SharedStorageBackup.apk
Shell.apk
Stk.apk
SystemUI.apk
TelephonyProvider.apk
webaudiores.apk

And it is working quite well as barebone ROM for calling, writing SMS, listening to music.

What's working:
USB file transfer
Dialer/Phone
SMS
Sounds (Ringtone, Notifications)
Clock
Apollo music player
DSP manager
Keyboard and suggestions
Screen lock
Wi-Fi and internet
Contacts sync

Not working:
Walpapers
Bluetooth
lock screen clock is not in center
lock screen now not working...
home button just wakes the device...

Of course I played a little bit with CPU, RAM settings, turned off animations, profiles, gps, and etc.

Max CPU setting - 400mHz
Boot time to SIM unlock 42seconds
Unoptimized libraries...

Last edited:

strazdas007

May 26, 2014
Vilnius
How to determine libraries dependencies?

Right now I'm looking for someone who could say how to determine libraries dependencies with current apps, so I could delete unnecessary.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.