[FAQ][DISCUSSION] CyanogenMod 9 nightlies i9000 galaxy s

Search This thread

justiyad

Nov 8, 2010
Jerusalem
I'm on teamhacksung's CM9 ALPHA build 17, if I want to install the nightly do I need to do a wipe? Or just flash the build and Gapps?

cdmackay

Aug 11, 2009
Cambridge, UK
I'm on teamhacksung's CM9 ALPHA build 17, if I want to install the nightly do I need to do a wipe? Or just flash the build and Gapps?

You certainly don't *need* to wipe; I didn't, and all is well. But if you have issues, then considering wiping and re-doing it, after.

Note that the most recent nightly (I think from 2nd April) now auto-restores your old Gapps, so you don't need to manually re-install (assuming you didn't wipe, of course).

BLADESMAN1889

Jun 18, 2010
SHEFFIELD
Huawei Mate 20 X

There seems to be some confusion over this - I personally wiped/factory reset based on the fact that I tried AOKP for a week or so until pawitp finished his exams just to see what else was out there as TH/CM9 was the only ICS ROM i'd tried [Build 2 ----> Build 17]

However I did note that on the AOKP site the devs stated that moving from [AOKP] B28 to B29 DID require a FULL wipe as the [ICS] build had changed from 4.0.3 to 4.0.4

"Make sure to wipe coming from any build or milestone or other ROM. This is a new version of Android and you can NOT dirty flash this. Wipe wipe wipe wipe wipe."

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/21662-build-29-release-notes-and-changelog-404-merged/

verma_nis

Jan 20, 2012
I'm using infinitum 1.1.0 by bhuvan based on aokp,
Anybody can clarify that this cm9 rom has a feature to disable data when screen turns of.
This feature is present in aokp roms, and I like, this feature...

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

mammenj

Sep 12, 2010
I have this bug in app called anonymous where the images on the board don't load after installing the nightlies and it was loading in b17.
Any one else have similar issue regarding image not loading?

Edit: looked at the log and it had error 'URI not absolute'

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

Last edited:

abhip1

Mar 30, 2012
Bangalore
Not able to send SMS

I am facing a very weird problem :confused:. Yesterday evening i flashed the latest Nightly(2012-04-02)for cm9. Since then i have not been able to send a SMS to anyone. everytime i try to send one i get a error saying "Message not sent". However i can receive SMS. Before flashing i could send SMS. Is this a network issue or a issue with the ROM?

zorxd

Jun 30, 2010
There seems to be some confusion over this - I personally wiped/factory reset based on the fact that I tried AOKP for a week or so until pawitp finished his exams just to see what else was out there as TH/CM9 was the only ICS ROM i'd tried [Build 2 ----> Build 17]

However I did note that on the AOKP site the devs stated that moving from [AOKP] B28 to B29 DID require a FULL wipe as the [ICS] build had changed from 4.0.3 to 4.0.4

"Make sure to wipe coming from any build or milestone or other ROM. This is a new version of Android and you can NOT dirty flash this. Wipe wipe wipe wipe wipe."

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/21662-build-29-release-notes-and-changelog-404-merged/

Going from 4.0.3 to 4.0.4 isn't a sufficient reason to wipe.
With Samsung ROMs, even going from 2.2 to 2.3 didn't require a wipe.

SteveMoody

Oct 11, 2011
Was running B16 & B17 for a while and they were very stable, installed the nightly version yesterday and so far it's great.

Could never go back to a 2.x stock rom after using this. Feels like a new phone.

count0zero

Dec 31, 2008
Hi, quick question. I have decided to upgrade from B17 to the latest nightly and do a wipe in between. How do you guys restore settings like notifications, ringtones, cm9 options etc? Can titanium do this? I backup and restore apps/data using this.

Also would restoring B17 settings be compatible with the nightly? Or does everyone put up with a little tweaking to get their phone how they like it after a flash with wipe?

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA

abhip1

Mar 30, 2012
Bangalore
I am facing a very weird problem :confused:. Yesterday evening i flashed the latest Nightly(2012-04-02)for cm9. Since then i have not been able to send a SMS to anyone. everytime i try to send one i get a error saying "Message not sent". However i can receive SMS. Before flashing i could send SMS. Is this a network issue or a issue with the ROM?

Hi Guys, in found a solution to this problem. The smsc number in phone info has to be encoded. In case anyone else is facing the same issue use the following info:

For Phone Info on your dial pad enter *#*#4636#*#*
Select Phone Info and scroll down to SMSC number.

please use below url to encode the SMSC
twit88.com/home/utility/sms-pdu-encode-decode

For Eg: If your SMSC number is +919886005444.

On this webpage enter your number in SMSC Tab remove everything else and click convert. you will get a string as follows:
AT+CMGW=10
0791198968004544110000910000AA02E834

Out of this string enter the SMSC number till 11 i.e. 079119896800454411 and update. After update the last digits 11 will be removed automatically.

You should be able to send sms now..!:D

Reactions: barvna

groksteady

Feb 6, 2012
Shanghai
4.0.3 Android OS bug fixed?

I saw a couple complaints about battery drain on the CM forums, but no mention about whether these nightlies address the Android OS bug. Are these based on 4.0.4?

barvna

Dec 3, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
There is no OS bug 100%
Proof:
bcc60da1-2217-a093.jpg

Last edited:

Hoppahoppa

Dec 28, 2011
Anyone else facing spontanious reboots with the latest nightly? Mine often reboots while charging (usually at night).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Cyanogenmod 9 has progressed in to nightlies for the galaxy s i9000

http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?type=nightly&device=galaxysmtd
    Change log 2012-2-4 http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=galaxysmtd
    Please use this thread to discus the rom

You need to wipe;)
    how could I enable the boot animation that I have removed on b16?
    I cannot find the option anymore...

There is a file in /data/property called "persist.sys.nobootanimation" Delete it.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA

Hi Guys, in found a solution to this problem. The smsc number in phone info has to be encoded. In case anyone else is facing the same issue use the following info:

For Phone Info on your dial pad enter *#*#4636#*#*
    Select Phone Info and scroll down to SMSC number.

please use below url to encode the SMSC
    twit88.com/home/utility/sms-pdu-encode-decode

For Eg: If your SMSC number is +919886005444.

On this webpage enter your number in SMSC Tab remove everything else and click convert. you will get a string as follows:
    AT+CMGW=10
    0791198968004544110000910000AA02E834

Out of this string enter the SMSC number till 11 i.e. 079119896800454411 and update. After update the last digits 11 will be removed automatically.

You should be able to send sms now..!:D
    I saw a couple complaints about battery drain on the CM forums, but no mention about whether these nightlies address the Android OS bug. Are these based on 4.0.4?

My android os is 5% and far as I no it is based on 4.0.4