[ROM][4.2.2] 4/5 |OFFICIAL- LiquidSmooth |

Search This thread

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
Re: [ROM][4.2.2]3/06[RC2] LiquidSmooth | nightlies in post #2|smoothies

OUCH!:laugh:

BTW, are there supposed to be any wallpapers in "Liquid Wallpapers"? its blank for me..

LOL - JK

Dag forgot to add the wp - yet another strike against RC2 - IT'S A JOKE, but yeah, all I see is the liquid logo in the upper left corner ;)

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK

no biggie, since I am sure we all have 100's of wallpapers on our phones already..and, with Zedge, there is a limitless amount of them

Here's a thought - you know, to tide you over :D

uryzaqas.jpg

Reactions: wase4711

JGoN86

Dec 10, 2012
old Bridge
For some odd reason i cant change the DPI density. When it goes to super user it FC's

Update- worked after 2 reboots

Last edited:

DAGr8

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
Montreal

no biggie, since I am sure we all have 100's of wallpapers on our phones already..and, with Zedge, there is a limitless amount of them

Yea <3 zedge but next launcher's honeycomb 3d lwp is the best i ve seen in a while..

Here's a thought - you know, to tide you over :D

uryzaqas.jpg

Blasphemy! Lol

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium

Reactions: wase4711

Rocket42

Jul 22, 2011
Red Bluff, Ca

Speaking of next launcher...looks really cool. I used to use go launcher all the time until apex....has anyone forked out 15.99 for Next?? How is it?

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

Can someone tell me what HDR in camera is?? I accidentally turned it on and every time i take a PIC it is blurry .....can not seem to turn it off...:eek:

mattern1974

Jan 27, 2010
Tremont, Pennsylvania

Speaking of next launcher...looks really cool. I used to use go launcher all the time until apex....has anyone forked out 15.99 for Next?? How is it?

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

Can someone tell me what HDR in camera is?? I accidentally turned it on and every time i take a PIC it is blurry .....can not seem to turn it off...:eek:

HDR is supposed to be a mode when the camera takes multiple pictures and averages them out to get the best quality photo.
I tried it with my camera and it was also blurred.
It seems like the phone needs to be stationary to prevent slight movement that causes the photos to be slightly off and therefore the resulting improved photo is blurred.

Sent from my Liquid Smooth SGH-I317

Reactions: Rocket42

Rocket42

Jul 22, 2011
Red Bluff, Ca

HDR is supposed to be a mode when the camera takes multiple pictures and averages them out to get the best quality photo.
I tried it with my camera and it was also blurred.
It seems like the phone needs to be stationary to prevent slight movement that causes the photos to be slightly off and therefore the resulting improved photo is blurred.

Thanks. Were you able to take that setting off???? Can't seem to figure out how to do that...camera pretty useless with it on...

mattern1974

Jan 27, 2010
Tremont, Pennsylvania

Thanks. Were you able to take that setting off???? Can't seem to figure out how to do that...camera pretty useless with it on...

Yes. Turn it off the same way you turned it on. Select HDR again while pressing anywhere in the camera window.

Reactions: Rocket42

ssewk2x

Oct 24, 2010
Detroit, MI
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 8 Pro

There are several HDR camera apps in the play store that do a better job of combining the images. I like one called "HDR camera" the best.

HDR stands for High Dynamic Range. It takes several shots at different exposure levels and then combines them using some pretty crazy math that's above my pay grade. The end result is that darks are nice and dark, lights are nice and bright, and stuff generally really stands out in vivid detail. A Google image search on HDR photos will not be disappointing.

Rocket42

Jul 22, 2011
Red Bluff, Ca

There are several HDR camera apps in the play store that do a better job of combining the images. I like one called "HDR camera" the best.

HDR stands for High Dynamic Range. It takes several shots at different exposure levels and then combines them using some pretty crazy math that's above my pay grade. The end result is that darks are nice and dark, lights are nice and bright, and stuff generally really stands out in vivid detail. A Google image search on HDR photos will not be disappointing.

Thanks...yeah the op mentions several times about hdr but no description if what it is....thanks. I appreciate your input!

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

So...I'm on the unofficial rc2 for two days. All was well but today went to wake my phone and ended up having to pull battery. Already several times now cleared caches and fixed perms. My os is at 24%. And something else i noticed is i changed batteries. Then about an hour into it i rebooted and my battery stats started over. ???? Anyone on official rc2? How is it going? Wondering if i should again do a clean install of it...?

eksoccer99

Dec 29, 2007
I would also like to know if there's a way to move the status bar to the bottom by changing something in the build props?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

so is this not feasible in this ROM? to get a full tablet experience, Nav/Status bar at the bottom together?

lamsik

Jun 30, 2011

I've read through this whole thread looking for someone that is experiencing same thing as me... I've used a few roms. All 4.2.2, i think it's wide spread.

Especially when using the keyboard. Seems very laggy.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

DAGr8

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
Montreal

so is this not feasible in this ROM? to get a full tablet experience, Nav/Status bar at the bottom together?

Of course it is...

Edit it seems it ain't I'll try to add it for next build

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium

Last edited:

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK

FYI, Volume Panel Style - selecting Expanded or Expandable, results in only expandable, For me anyway. ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Original OP
    build that willbe posted here will be unofficially supported , I dont mind you guys ask for help in here , just dont expect support for a build that
    A_might not boot
    B_have some random FCs
    etc etc

for changelogs and stuff go to github and look at framework_base commits that will give you an idea of what was added in the last days .

some wallpapers..
    new build is up ill update op tomorrow .. just check on goo .
    for those not aware 'nightlies' are available on my androtransfer ... dagr8/liquids
    Agreed! I see you listed CWM as the flashing method in the OP. Is TWRP ok to use?

I don't want to start any drama considering the circumstances but can anyone briefly tell me what the differences between this and carbon are? The features lists look very similar.

well as you know carbon tree was forked from liquidsmooth

since then they went there own way

since then many things were added in liquid , I wouldnt know if these were kanged from liquid or added to carbon via an other way or if they werent added at all or what was added since then by team carbon .. I do not follow what thy do on there github at all..

liquidsmooth as there own kernel and so does carbon , afaik each kernel is unique to these specific roms and kernel plays a critical role inhow phone behaves so your best bet is to try them both ...

I could give you my opinion but ofc im biased ..

I can tell you one thing for sure when I joined liquidsmooth a few of the 'pub' optimizations were used already but not all of them , this has been corrected so you can expect the maximum smoothnest possible in an oasp based rom .

I personally got the highest linpack results I ever did before on this rom , 245 (average) @ 1.9ghz .. nugh said .

now lets not bring up the 'c' word anymore thank you (lol)