[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][Nougat] AICP for trltetmo - Note 4

Search This thread

TheBr0ken

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 15, 2011
GhQyhHk.png
AICP​
Android Ice Cold Project​

AICP is known by everyone as Ice Cold Project that started on the Desire HD and since then evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community you can find!!!

Until Lollipop, AICP was always AOKP based. Unfortunately when AOKP stopped their development AICP changed their base to CM and now LineageOS when it comes to hardware, drivers and some features.

If there are any bugs, either we will sort them or LineageOS team if it concerns their modifications. This rom isn't LineageOS supported so no need to report errors or bugs to them!!

3ueQ7DH.png

In the beginning we would like to thank:
  • LineageOS team
  • maxwen
  • Thoemy
  • SlimBean rom team
  • ParanoidAndroid team
  • LiquidSmooth rom team
  • Omni rom team
  • DU team
  • teemodk
  • audahadi
  • Community

ISn0uXd.png

• @LorD ClockaN
  • @zipsnet
  • @n3ocort3x
  • @semdoc
  • @eyosen
  • @alienmind
  • @Chezbel
  • @Drgravy
  • @eboye

K2p0Hv4.png

Donations are never expected but they help keep me motivated and the wife and kids happy :D

3U7XWsV.png

Latest Beta Release Version 12.1
Download link: AICP
Recommended Gapps: OpenGapps

b5b2bXK.png

• Some negligible issues that I'm working on. Keep an eye on Post#3

kfCXFCX.png

AICP should contain everything you need to enjoy Nougat. You are not required to install any Add Ons, simply download the latest ROM, gapps, flash it, and go!
You are STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing, and if possible avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup - these can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug. If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience strange behavior.

How to flash:

• Don't do it if you don't know what you are doing
  • Full wipe, flash rom, flash gapps, boot
  • ROM has gapps persistance in between dirty flashes

KERNEL:
Kernel in this rom follows EmotionOS source with some custom additions:

PREREQUISITE FOR OTA:

At this time OTA is not supported.

If you want to contribute to the AICP or wanna see what is being worked on/merge feel free to visit gerrit, link is at the bottom!!!

F6DLgPu.png

AICP-ROM G+ community

Rom github
Rom gerrit

XDA:DevDB Information
AICP v12.1 trltetmo - Note 4, ROM for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Contributors
TheBr0ken
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat

Version Information
Current Beta Version: Aicp v12.1
Beta Release Date: 2016-08-09

Created 2016-08-09
Last Updated 2017-02-10

Last edited:

TheBr0ken

Feb 15, 2011
Reserved

u0fJM9W.png

Features:
  • Proximity Call
  • Screenrecord
  • Add blocker
  • Notification FC Disabler
  • LCD Changer (persistent)
  • Gesture Anywhere
  • Recents Panel Settings
  • Omniswitch
  • App Circle Bar
  • Network Traffic on statusbar
  • Show CPU Info
  • ZeroLemon battery support
  • Boot animation changer
  • Substratum Theme Support
  • Slim's Heads Up, with the ability to disable
  • QS Sync Tile
  • QS Screenshot Tile
  • QS Screenrecord Tile
  • QS Quick and Smart pull down
  • QS WiFi Detailed Tile View
  • QS Location Tile - Enable Advanced Settings

Last edited:

TheBr0ken

Feb 15, 2011
Reserved

This ROM is currently in Beta status. I know there are some issues. If you find something, trust in the fact that I more than likely already know about it and am working on resolving it.

Network location isn't working so you will have to set your time zone manually for now. LiveDisplay also uses network location so there may be times where it may be in Night mode when it shouldn't. You can either change this away from auto or manually change it or just have it off. It is very rare that it is set to night for me during the day, but has happened.

SnapDragon Camera is the stock camera. It works, but even though it shows 4K video it won't work in 4K mode, yet. It will tell you if you try. Use 1080p for now, but I'm working on 4K. 3rd party cameras like footej camera does record in 4k

Fingerprint recognition:

Thanks to @jbm0329 for mentioning this tip

If anyone else has an issue with the fingerprint, a tip that I picked up months ago from another ROM was while setting up the fingerprint, do NOT stop at the last swipe. Try to give it another quick swipe or two after the last one and it should have an additional vibration to let you know that it accepted your fingerprint.

Just tried this ROM late last night and I was about to be frustrated and remove it but because I tried this tip, I was able to register a fingerprint and then able to add 2 more... now the fingerprint icon shows up on the lock screen.

Hope this helps

Faster swiping worked better for me than slower did and I registered the same finger multiple times. It can sometimes still be temperamental, but more often than not works great. I use my Moto360 as a trusted device so it wont lock when its paired, but this works as a great secondary option for me as I can unlock with my fingerprint with the screen off so it wakes unlocked.

Last edited:

TheBr0ken

Feb 15, 2011
Since I know it will get asked because it seems to get asked quite often. I am answering this in regards to my experience. BT audio works, BT in-call audio works, FB (even though it is a resource and battery hog) works.

Last edited:
Reactions: flint777

joeygee23

Jun 17, 2012
East Hartford
Well via the download link you'll have two roms to play with. ;)

AICP is cm based, BrokenROM is not
Gonna charge up and do it. Frustrated stuck on Overdrives MM ROM .. (which I love..) but I need a break from TW.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

Thanks for bringing AICP to Note 4 Tmobile. Downloading and will test it out.. I hate to downgrade to DOK2, but I guess I will have to !!!
Same here!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Reactions: nullsec

joeygee23

Jun 17, 2012
East Hartford
Wow!! Loving this so far...gonna take some time to tweak...AICP by the way.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

joeygee23

Jun 17, 2012
East Hartford
Is there anyway to change notifications from white background and black text?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

Feel like a fanboy (only guy posting...) but Great Job on AICP!!!!!

TheBr0ken

Feb 15, 2011
Wow! No love here??? I'm using broken, and its awesome! Thanks op!

broken works better. I had the name before there was a rom and lets just say that there are issues with the team and some mods on xda so the team has elected not to start or allow threads on xda so we'll leave it at that. I'll post AICP but continue to work on and improve on both, and you'll be able to see updates to both on my afh account. I will not build just just for the sake of building to get a new date right now. The major things I need to fix on both is the camera. While it works better with broken, there are still issues. Default APN and no data on first boot are not an issues with broken, but is on AICP so I have to figure out what I'm missing there. Camera is more of a priority as there is an easy fix for the default APN issue for the first boot. The loss of data on boots after first boot and random loss of data should be a thing of the past

joeygee23

Jun 17, 2012
East Hartford
I hope you stick around for a while...I have no plans to jump to Note 7.... my gut tells me it will be locked down. AICP is running great, I've got Viper & Xposed running with now issues.

broken works better. I had the name before there was a rom and lets just say that there are issues with the team and some mods on xda so the team has elected not to start or allow threads on xda so we'll leave it at that. I'll post AICP but continue to work on and improve on both, and you'll be able to see updates to both on my afh account. I will not build just just for the sake of building to get a new date right now. The major things I need to fix on both is the camera. While it works better with broken, there are still issues. Default APN and no data on first boot are not an issues with broken, but is on AICP so I have to figure out what I'm missing there. Camera is more of a priority as there is an easy fix for the default APN issue for the first boot. The loss of data on boots after first boot and random loss of data should be a thing of the past

Reactions: rob_z11

andy55

Sep 10, 2009
Aside from camera aicp is solid! No issues with anything else, thank you so much for bringing this ROM here!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GhQyhHk.png
    AICP​
    Android Ice Cold Project​

AICP is known by everyone as Ice Cold Project that started on the Desire HD and since then evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community you can find!!!

Until Lollipop, AICP was always AOKP based. Unfortunately when AOKP stopped their development AICP changed their base to CM and now LineageOS when it comes to hardware, drivers and some features.

If there are any bugs, either we will sort them or LineageOS team if it concerns their modifications. This rom isn't LineageOS supported so no need to report errors or bugs to them!!

3ueQ7DH.png

In the beginning we would like to thank:
    • LineageOS team
    • maxwen
    • Thoemy
    • SlimBean rom team
    • ParanoidAndroid team
    • LiquidSmooth rom team
    • Omni rom team
    • DU team
    • teemodk
    • audahadi
    • Community

ISn0uXd.png

• @LorD ClockaN
    • @zipsnet
    • @n3ocort3x
    • @semdoc
    • @eyosen
    • @alienmind
    • @Chezbel
    • @Drgravy
    • @eboye

K2p0Hv4.png

Donations are never expected but they help keep me motivated and the wife and kids happy :D

3U7XWsV.png

Latest Beta Release Version 12.1
    Download link: AICP
    Recommended Gapps: OpenGapps

b5b2bXK.png

• Some negligible issues that I'm working on. Keep an eye on Post#3

kfCXFCX.png

AICP should contain everything you need to enjoy Nougat. You are not required to install any Add Ons, simply download the latest ROM, gapps, flash it, and go!
    You are STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing, and if possible avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup - these can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug. If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience strange behavior.

How to flash:

• Don't do it if you don't know what you are doing
    • Full wipe, flash rom, flash gapps, boot
    • ROM has gapps persistance in between dirty flashes

KERNEL:
    Kernel in this rom follows EmotionOS source with some custom additions:

PREREQUISITE FOR OTA:

At this time OTA is not supported.

If you want to contribute to the AICP or wanna see what is being worked on/merge feel free to visit gerrit, link is at the bottom!!!

F6DLgPu.png

AICP-ROM G+ community

Rom github
    Rom gerrit

XDA:DevDB Information
    AICP v12.1 trltetmo - Note 4, ROM for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Contributors
    TheBr0ken
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: Aicp v12.1
    Beta Release Date: 2016-08-09

Created 2016-08-09
    Last Updated 2017-02-10
    Reserved

u0fJM9W.png

Features:
    • Proximity Call
    • Screenrecord
    • Add blocker
    • Notification FC Disabler
    • LCD Changer (persistent)
    • Gesture Anywhere
    • Recents Panel Settings
    • Omniswitch
    • App Circle Bar
    • Network Traffic on statusbar
    • Show CPU Info
    • ZeroLemon battery support
    • Boot animation changer
    • Substratum Theme Support
    • Slim's Heads Up, with the ability to disable
    • QS Sync Tile
    • QS Screenshot Tile
    • QS Screenrecord Tile
    • QS Quick and Smart pull down
    • QS WiFi Detailed Tile View
    • QS Location Tile - Enable Advanced Settings
    Reserved

This ROM is currently in Beta status. I know there are some issues. If you find something, trust in the fact that I more than likely already know about it and am working on resolving it.

Network location isn't working so you will have to set your time zone manually for now. LiveDisplay also uses network location so there may be times where it may be in Night mode when it shouldn't. You can either change this away from auto or manually change it or just have it off. It is very rare that it is set to night for me during the day, but has happened.

SnapDragon Camera is the stock camera. It works, but even though it shows 4K video it won't work in 4K mode, yet. It will tell you if you try. Use 1080p for now, but I'm working on 4K. 3rd party cameras like footej camera does record in 4k

Fingerprint recognition:

Thanks to @jbm0329 for mentioning this tip

If anyone else has an issue with the fingerprint, a tip that I picked up months ago from another ROM was while setting up the fingerprint, do NOT stop at the last swipe. Try to give it another quick swipe or two after the last one and it should have an additional vibration to let you know that it accepted your fingerprint.

Just tried this ROM late last night and I was about to be frustrated and remove it but because I tried this tip, I was able to register a fingerprint and then able to add 2 more... now the fingerprint icon shows up on the lock screen.

Hope this helps

Faster swiping worked better for me than slower did and I registered the same finger multiple times. It can sometimes still be temperamental, but more often than not works great. I use my Moto360 as a trusted device so it wont lock when its paired, but this works as a great secondary option for me as I can unlock with my fingerprint with the screen off so it wakes unlocked.
    I wish there was still development for this rom. I think it's great and super stable.

Sorry for the delay. Work has been really busy and it hasn't left me much spare time. This will be coming back sooner than later.
    Nougat is live.

Please remember that this is in Beta status. If you find an issue, chances are pretty good that I already know about it and am looking to resolve it.