FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Thread Deleted Email Thread
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
hello everyone,

i have developed kernels for Xperia X10, Xperia ARC, Xperia PLAY, Huawei Ideos X6, Samsung Galaxy SL, Kindle Fire and now i bring u my first kernel for HTC Flyer!!!

i was going to use stock HC Kernel sources and then add my patches from my ARC kernel... but seeing that LeeDroid had already added most of the things (and even more) i though might as well use his kernel sources

thank you LeeDroid for ur amazing work on the kernel sources and allowing me to use them!

[ special thanks to ]

Thank you guys for ur help! this would not have been possible without ur help!

[ screenshots ]

[ disclaimer ]

OVERCLOCKING CAN BE DANGEROUS! U RISK THE HARDWARE GETTING DAMAGED!PROCEED WITH CAUTION! U HAVE BEEN WARNED!

I AM NOT TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IF U DAMAGE UR PHONE / SPILL UR COFFEE / MISS UR ALARMS / ANY OTHER CALAMITY/MISHAP

[ features ]
  • [v01 onwards] uses LeeDroid Flyer-HC kernel sources so all features from his kernel are already there in this kernel and some more stuff
  • [v01 onwards] overclocked to 2.0Ghz
  • [v01 onwards] underclocked to 128Mhz
  • [v01 onwards] for safe booting CPU is capped at bootup to 1.498GHz/245MHz (max/min)
  • [v01 onwards] uses LZMA compression
  • [v01 onwards] added new CPU governors
    • Scary (default)
    • Interactive
    • Lagfree
    • MinMax
    • Savagedzen
    • Smoothass
    • BrazilianWax
    • Lazy
    • Lionheart
  • [v01 onwards] advanced init.d support
  • [v01 onwards] added support for userinit scripts:
    • if sd-ext is mounted then it will execute /sd-ext/userinit.sh & shell scripts in /sd-ext/userinit.d/ folder
    • also scripts in /data/local/ will be executed... it will execute /data/local/userinit.sh & shell scripts in /data/local/userinit.d/ folder
  • [v01 onwards] insecure kernel (ro.secure=0 & USB debuggin enabled by default)
  • [v01 onwards] /system mounted as RW

[ credits for features ]

thank you all for ur work!

[ requirements ]

[ how to install my kernel ]
  1. download the provided kernel package
  2. save the package to external sdcard (of phone)
  3. boot phone and enter recovery
  4. flash my kernel package
  5. reboot phone and enjoy the kernel

[ how to get back to stock kernel ]
  1. download the stock kernel package
  2. save the package to external sdcard (of phone)
  3. boot phone and enter recovery
  4. flash the stock kernel package
  5. reboot phone and now you should be on stock kernel

FOR OVERCLOCKING
  1. start SetCPU/NoFrills CPU Control app on ur device (or any other app which supports overclocking) (u may get a popup asking for SuperUser permissions, click ok/yes/allow)
  2. now slowly increase the MAX slider to the right (one notch at a time) to increase the maximum frequency limit
  3. DO NOT JUMP TO THE LAST POSSIBLE FREQUENCY
  4. SLOWLY increase the frequency one notch at a time and do stability/testing for few hours

[ my kernel sources ]

https://github.com/DooMLoRD/HTC-Flyer-HC-Kernel

[ donations ]

if u feel that this work has helped u OR u think that the work i put into making this is worthy of donations, then click on the following link for buying me some coffee/beer/etc

PAYPAL DONATION LINK

[ downloads ]

<NEW>

[FLYER] DooMKernel v01
MD5HASH: 06080ab1db79a8ecadcec48337e579ed

FLYER HC Stock Kernel Package (WiFi version)
MD5HASH: f7d39ff3526a29f54416630f6337bfdb

i have only tested it on my wifi Flyer... please check if it works correctly on the 3G version...

For Tips, Troubleshooting & Additional Links check this

[ DooMKernel Signature banners!!! ]

If you like to use my kernels and u want to show the world that u use it/love it , then you can add this banner to you signature!!!

Just copy the following code and paste it in you USER CP under "Edit Signature":
HTML Code:
[URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1410921"][IMG]https://img.xda-cdn.com/HM_tpRMSjp5cBM2HrvuuKyh-gjM=/http%3A%2F%2Ficxperia.com%2Fdoomlord%2Fdoomkernel-sig.png[/IMG][/URL]

enjoy!!!
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to DooMLoRD For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DooMLoRD Ad-Free
Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)