[KERNEL][FLYER]{HC} DooMKernel [Rel:v01][Dt:27/Dec]

Search This thread

gbweller

Feb 20, 2010
Duluth, MN
I have a few Flyers to put into service at my company. I have a prototype unit running Leedroid with your kernel and all of the apps & settings that I want the rest to have that I have a back up of. To prepare the other devices I need to flash Leedroid, but while still in recovery is it safe for me to flash your kernel and then restore from my backup, or should I be rebooting in between these steps?

Last edited:

IOIDroid

Apr 3, 2012
Leeds
I have a few Flyers to put into service at my company. I have a prototype unit running Leedroid with your kernel and all of the apps & settings that I want the rest to have that I have a back up of. To prepare the other devices I need to flash Leedroid, but while still in recovery is it safe for me to flash your kernel and then restore from my backup, or should I be rebooting in between these steps?

It is advised to do this as a seperate flash, if you would like i can build you a ROM.zip with the LeeDroid ROM and on the DoomLord Kernel :)

If thats what you want, that just mean that you only have to flash one object

gbweller

Feb 20, 2010
Duluth, MN
Have you researched which ROM you want to use ?? As that can be an important decision when lookig at this device especially for battery life :) if i was you i would test each rom side by side seen as though you have multiple devices
Oh yeah. I tried a few before settling on LeeDroid. I am not overly worried about battery life as I am instructing the users to plug it in when in their mobile unit. (the van they use to go from job to job is equipped with an industrial inverter with a pure sine wave so they will be using the stock AC charger-mostly because of the expense of the 12V charger times 40 units and the fact that due to the shape they can't screw up plugging it in!) Leedroid is lightweight and on it's own fairly lag-free, but with this kernel and OC'd it flat-out flies! It is running very stable with at 1651 MHz. Even with the OC I wouldn't be surprised if it went 8 hrs with thier type of usage on a full charge. (they will use for gps guidence from time to time but mostly it will only be used once evey hour and a half at each jobsite) I have an app locker to keep the users out of apps that I don't need them to use, a WiFi timer to keep them from using up our bandwidth while off-duty, and Boat browser for a faster browsing experience but with strict search settings locked and password protected. Much of this can be overridden of course, but most would have no idea how. The worst that can happen is I have to hard reset and sign them back into the Google account, and the two other apps that I have chosen that require a user to sign in. (Groove IP and Zello) We are experimenting with this setup until we make our own custom ROM. I have paid a "developer" here (XDA) to develop one, but after several hundred dollars (more that 1200 of them) and several weeks all I am getting is a run-around and still do not have a working ROM based upon the specs that we agreed upon.

But about the WiFi timer to keep them from using up our bandwidth while off-duty...The WiFi timer would be a lot more effective if I could figure out how to customize the menu accessed by touching the clock area that has the on-off boxes for Network, Bluetooth, WiFi, etc. I wish that I could have it only offer "Settings" and nothing else. Settings are password protected so they couldn't go in and turn WiFi back on. I wonder if this is something that someone here can guide me through?

Last edited:

IOIDroid

Apr 3, 2012
Leeds
Oh yeah. I tried a few before settling on LeeDroid. I am not overly worried about battery life as I am instructing the users to plug it in when in their mobile unit. (the van they use to go from job to job is equipped with an industrial inverter with a pure sine wave so they will be using the stock AC charger-mostly because of the expense of the 12V charger times 40 units and the fact that due to the shape they can't screw up plugging it in!) Leedroid is lightweight and on it's own fairly lag-free, but with this kernel and OC'd it flat-out flies! It is running very stable with at 1651 MHz. Even with the OC I wouldn't be surprised if it went 8 hrs with thier type of usage on a full charge. (they will use for gps guidence from time to time but mostly it will only be used once evey hour and a half at each jobsite) I have an app locker to keep the users out of apps that I don't need them to use, a WiFi timer to keep them from using up our bandwidth while off-duty, and Boat browser for a faster browsing experience but with strict search settings locked and password protected. Much of this can be overridden of course, but most would have no idea how. The worst that can happen is I have to hard reset and sign them back into the Google account, and the two other apps that I have chosen that require a user to sign in. (Groove IP and Zello) We are experimenting with this setup until we make our own custom ROM. I have paid a "developer" here (XDA) to develop one, but after several hundred dollars (more that 1200 of them) and several weeks all I am getting is a run-around and still do not have a working ROM based upon the specs that we agreed upon.

But about the WiFi timer to keep them from using up our bandwidth while off-duty...The WiFi timer would be a lot more effective if I could figure out how to customize the menu accessed by touching the clock area that has the on-off boxes for Network, Bluetooth, WiFi, etc. I wish that I could have it only offer "Settings" and nothing else. Settings are password protected so they couldn't go in and turn WiFi back on. I wonder if this is something that someone here can guide me through?

It would take some modifications to ther the framework-res.apk or to the systemui.apk.

Maybe even the .jar files that controls services, however i believe it could be done :)

BTW 1200 Dollars ? ? ?

Thats a crazy amount of money when a lot of the guys on here do that sort of thing for small donations. ?

Last edited:

IOIDroid

Apr 3, 2012
Leeds
It would take some modifications to ther the framework-res.apk or to the systemui.apk.

Maybe even the .jar files that controls services, however i believe it could be done :)

BTW 1200 Dollars ? ? ?

Thats a crazy amount of money when a lot of the guys on here do that sort of thing for small donations. ?

Oh btw I am going to start work on your ROM.zip shortly :)

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using XDA Premium HD app

G

GuestK00388

If you have one Flyer set up exactly how you want it with your desired ROM, Kernel, settings configuration and applications etc would it not be a lot easier just to make a nandroid backup and restore this back up on your other Flyers? Providing they are all S-OFF as well. This would eliminate the need to flash a ROM and Kernel separately on each device.

gbweller

Feb 20, 2010
Duluth, MN
If you have one Flyer set up exactly how you want it with your desired ROM, Kernel, settings configuration and applications etc would it not be a lot easier just to make a nandroid backup and restore this back up on your other Flyers? Providing they are all S-OFF as well. This would eliminate the need to flash a ROM and Kernel separately on each device.

I was under the impression that I needed to flash the kernel on the target device before restoring a backup from the device that was running the kernel. Is the kernel IN the backup and then would be installed on the target device?

G

GuestK00388

I was under the impression that I needed to flash the kernel on the target device before restoring a backup from the device that was running the kernel. Is the kernel IN the backup and then would be installed on the target device?

Yes, the kernel is in the backup as part of the boot.img. For example it is possible to nandroid between two backups of the Virtuous ROM containing the stock kernel and LeeDroid's HC ROM containing his kernel.

If you perform a nandroid backup through recovery of your set-up Flyer which contains the DooMLoRD kernel and required modules this backup can be restored fully on the other devices providing they have full S-OFF.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hello everyone,

i have developed kernels for Xperia X10, Xperia ARC, Xperia PLAY, Huawei Ideos X6, Samsung Galaxy SL, Kindle Fire and now i bring u my first kernel for HTC Flyer!!!

i was going to use stock HC Kernel sources and then add my patches from my ARC kernel... but seeing that LeeDroid had already added most of the things (and even more) i though might as well use his kernel sources ;)

thank you LeeDroid for ur amazing work on the kernel sources and allowing me to use them!

[ special thanks to ]

Thank you guys for ur help! this would not have been possible without ur help!

[ screenshots ]

attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

[ disclaimer ]

OVERCLOCKING CAN BE DANGEROUS! U RISK THE HARDWARE GETTING DAMAGED!PROCEED WITH CAUTION! U HAVE BEEN WARNED!

I AM NOT TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IF U DAMAGE UR PHONE / SPILL UR COFFEE / MISS UR ALARMS / ANY OTHER CALAMITY/MISHAP

[ features ]

• [v01 onwards] uses LeeDroid Flyer-HC kernel sources so all features from his kernel are already there in this kernel and some more stuff
    • [v01 onwards] overclocked to :eek::eek::eek: 2.0Ghz :eek::eek::eek:
    • [v01 onwards] underclocked to 128Mhz
    • [v01 onwards] for safe booting CPU is capped at bootup to 1.498GHz/245MHz (max/min)
    • [v01 onwards] uses LZMA compression
    • [v01 onwards] added new CPU governors
      • Scary (default)
      • Interactive
      • Lagfree
      • MinMax
      • Savagedzen
      • Smoothass
      • BrazilianWax
      • Lazy
      • Lionheart
    • [v01 onwards] advanced init.d support
    • [v01 onwards] added support for userinit scripts:
      • if sd-ext is mounted then it will execute /sd-ext/userinit.sh & shell scripts in /sd-ext/userinit.d/ folder
      • also scripts in /data/local/ will be executed... it will execute /data/local/userinit.sh & shell scripts in /data/local/userinit.d/ folder
    • [v01 onwards] insecure kernel (ro.secure=0 & USB debuggin enabled by default)
    • [v01 onwards] /system mounted as RW

[ credits for features ]

thank you all for ur work!

[ requirements ]

[ how to install my kernel ]

1. download the provided kernel package
    2. save the package to external sdcard (of phone)
    3. boot phone and enter recovery
    4. flash my kernel package
    5. reboot phone and enjoy the kernel ;)

[ how to get back to stock kernel ]

1. download the stock kernel package
    2. save the package to external sdcard (of phone)
    3. boot phone and enter recovery
    4. flash the stock kernel package
    5. reboot phone and now you should be on stock kernel

FOR OVERCLOCKING
    1. start SetCPU/NoFrills CPU Control app on ur device (or any other app which supports overclocking) (u may get a popup asking for SuperUser permissions, click ok/yes/allow)
    2. now slowly increase the MAX slider to the right (one notch at a time) to increase the maximum frequency limit
    3. DO NOT JUMP TO THE LAST POSSIBLE FREQUENCY
    4. SLOWLY increase the frequency one notch at a time and do stability/testing for few hours

[ my kernel sources ]

https://github.com/DooMLoRD/HTC-Flyer-HC-Kernel

[ donations ]

if u feel that this work has helped u OR u think that the work i put into making this is worthy of donations, then click on the following link for buying me some coffee/beer/etc ;)

PAYPAL DONATION LINK

[ downloads ]

<NEW>

[FLYER] DooMKernel v01
    MD5HASH: 06080ab1db79a8ecadcec48337e579ed

FLYER HC Stock Kernel Package (WiFi version)
    MD5HASH: f7d39ff3526a29f54416630f6337bfdb

i have only tested it on my wifi Flyer... please check if it works correctly on the 3G version...

For Tips, Troubleshooting & Additional Links check this

[ DooMKernel Signature banners!!! ]

If you like to use my kernels and u want to show the world that u use it/love it ;), then you can add this banner to you signature!!!

doomkernel-sig.png

Just copy the following code and paste it in you USER CP under "Edit Signature":
    HTML:
    [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1410921"][IMG]http://icxperia.com/doomlord/doomkernel-sig.png[/IMG][/URL]

icon8.gif

enjoy!!!
    @ALL

kernel has been posted and most of the thread (with links) has been updated...

welcome to DooMKernel - "Power To The People"....

Just flashed up and running. Time to play

You may want to tweak the installation script to read doomlord :)

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using xda premium

hu? i dont follow what u mean...
    Reserved... my findings and testresults will come here

I will try to keep this post up to date

Summarize the most important findings, questions and answers

coolexe - Cool3D Honey v1 I took this ROM for now to test your kernel (LINK)

settings 2GHZ and Scary governor

++ GTA3 with the v2 graphics mod (Ligts HD textures... looks better than on Ipad)
    Duration 30 Minutes - no crashes
    Even at 1,8 GHZ unplayable with v2 mod - but with your Kernel, 2,0 GHZ in his ROM it´s a bit laggy but very playable

++ normal usage: no crashes or bootloops so far

++ I am impressed by your Scary governor - it seems too keep the cpu in most cases at a 240Mhz (in app menues, stuff where more speed would be a waste)

++ 4 hours into usage (web/games/standby/apps/manual reboots) ->100% stable

++ battery at 55% (it wasnt fully loaded when I flashed)
    I would very much appreciate that since I have 40+ units to flash!

I will do this and then pm yoU a link, probbly have this done bu tonight