[ROM] Nexus 7 (2013) Timur's v4.0 Android 6.0.1 MOB30X (Flo/Deb)

Search This thread

Shinson

Jun 14, 2010
Howdy...

Starting today Timur announces on his website his final "ROM modification" "Timur's Kernel" in it's latest version for stock Android 6.0.1 MOB30X as a xmas giveaway until January 21st, 2017. It's availavle for the Nexus 7 (2013) Flo and Deb:
https://timur.mobi/timurs-kernel-v4/

You may also find it rather amusing, that he's giving access to the sources on github:
https://github.com/mehrvarz/msm-marshmallow-tm-usbhost-charge

As this is not my work, all credits goes to Timur Mehrvarz.

Regards
Shinson

Last edited:

mariosmax

Mar 31, 2016
Iserlohn
thanks for the info! I tested an older Version of Timurs Kernel - v4.0 beta2 for Android 6.0.1 "MMB29V" (03/2016) - and i cant say i was that happy with it.
But i will give it a second try.

Anta

Feb 11, 2008
Caserta
Can I install this kernel on Pure Rom 6.0.1 or I must install the factory image 6.0.1 first? I'd like to stay on PureRom..

atomicsoul

Aug 7, 2010
Been testing this Kernel out for a couple weeks now, was aiming for a permanent install but decided to test it out before I went ahead and made the mods to the center console. My hardware includes a UCA202, a Sweex 4 Port USB Hub, a USB2.0 Digital DVB-T SDR+DAB+FM HDTV TV Tuner Receiver Stick RTL2832U+R820T all bought from Amazon. Now am not sure if my hardware is just plain crap coz am forced to reboot the tablet quite a lot. USB communications drops a lot, while poweramp can regain communication with USB and continue to send signal to the amp I always have to reboot for wavesink and SDRtouch to regain communication with the DVB dongle. At this stage I've ruled out permanent install.
What is everybody else's experience?

xellion

Aug 3, 2011
Slightly off topic -> has anyone used the 2013 for a dash install and found anything with reasonable battery life?

im DL'ing this kernel right now for a test run, but has anyone used any rom/kernel combo that can stay in standby for more than a few days?

fr4nk1yn

Aug 1, 2008
Norfolk
Slightly off topic -> has anyone used the 2013 for a dash install and found anything with reasonable battery life?

im DL'ing this kernel right now for a test run, but has anyone used any rom/kernel combo that can stay in standby for more than a few days?
It depends. I've had it, with Lollipop, lose 2% over 48hours on my stripped system. That's unusual though.

Can I install this kernel on Pure Rom 6.0.1 or I must install the factory image 6.0.1 first? I'd like to stay on PureRom..
It may work but he doesn't recommend it and wouldn't support issues.

hachiroku

Jan 28, 2008
where do you get these files?

USBHost kernel (flo601) + service installer.....aka, timur-services + timur-usbhost

With TWRP recovery running, the tablet should now appear as a USB drive on your PC. This lets you copy the three zip archives required for the next step over: timur-services, timur-usbhost and SuperSU. Make sure these three files are available on the tablet's internal sdcard. Then install the three zip files (timur-services + timur-usbhost before SuperSU!), using the TWRP on-screen UI. Note that whenever you update the kernel (usbhost), you will also need to re-install SuperSU afterwards. - OK, done. You can now restart system and boot into Android OS.

I'm also getting error during install..."Could not find 'META-INF/com/google/android/update-binary' in the zip file. error installing zip file '/sdcard/1_ROMs/Nexus7 2013/timur-kernel-n7-2013-v4.0-final-flo.zip'
on PureNexus 6.0.1-20160821-OFFICIAL.zip

dave8023

Nov 18, 2017
File download locations

I guys I am trying to locate the files for this Rom can anyone point me to the right location to download them I have the second gen 2013 nexus 7

it0rrent

Jan 2, 2017
LG V30
Samsung Galaxy Tab S4
where do you get these files?

USBHost kernel (flo601) + service installer.....aka, timur-services + timur-usbhost

I'm also getting error during install..."Could not find 'META-INF/com/google/android/update-binary' in the zip file. error installing zip file '/sdcard/1_ROMs/Nexus7 2013/timur-kernel-n7-2013-v4.0-final-flo.zip'
on PureNexus 6.0.1-20160821-OFFICIAL.zip
Did you unpack the zip file in windows first? Should end up with two separate zips that can then be flashed with twrp...

aggro600

Feb 23, 2010
I use an Arduino Leonardo as Keyboard.
If I wake my Tablet and have the Arduino connected it will show 1 sek the wake Video and then it starts the suspend Video. And It show the connected USB device "Arduino Dll" although I don't aktivated the option to show the divces.
After the video is over, everything is okay.
It only happen if I have the Arduino connected.
If I have my extern usb soundcard connected it only have the error that it shows the USB devices on start although i haven't activated it.

Is there a fix?

mcdull

Feb 15, 2007
Hong Kong
didn't use Timur...went with elementalX v5.16

Timur is the only kernel that works with OTTG+Charge and on/off auto detect. Has the elementalx fixed all these issues?

---------- Post added at 03:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 AM ----------

And the hardware is really old, and the battery aged. Are there any replacement tablet model good for fixed install?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Howdy...

Starting today Timur announces on his website his final "ROM modification" "Timur's Kernel" in it's latest version for stock Android 6.0.1 MOB30X as a xmas giveaway until January 21st, 2017. It's availavle for the Nexus 7 (2013) Flo and Deb:
    https://timur.mobi/timurs-kernel-v4/

You may also find it rather amusing, that he's giving access to the sources on github:
    https://github.com/mehrvarz/msm-marshmallow-tm-usbhost-charge

As this is not my work, all credits goes to Timur Mehrvarz.

Regards
    Shinson

Seems pretty apparent that nobody knows... Why don't you try it and let us know?
    two questions for those of you still around:

1) my OTG media (usb drives, sdcards) keep getting corrupted every time the tablet goes to sleep. I've tride exFAT, FAT32 and NTFS and they all do the same thing. Technically speaking, they are not really corrupted either as I can access all the files on them just fine on windows 10 without any damaged drive messages. so far I've seen a grand total of one person on the internet who suffers from the same symptom. What could it possibly be?

I once had the same problem. I do not know what helped, but I did a few things: clean system and kernel installation (full wipe), new active USB 3.0 hub, new USB 3.0 flash drive (fat32). Now everything is ok, but there is one thing to keep in mind. You can not disconnect (power loss) the USB hub or USB drive if it is playing from a USB flash drive, if you are listening to music from a USB stick, you must press the stop before the tablet is put to sleep. When the tablet wakes up, you need to wait a while until the content on the USB stick is scanned and detected.

Wysłane z mojego ONEPLUS A3003 przy użyciu Tapatalka