FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 GPU

[APP] Official ViPER4Android Audio Effects (FX v2.5.0.5) - New Features & 7.0 Support

4,109 posts
Thanks Meter: 14,489

By zhuhang, Recognized Contributor on 15th March 2013, 04:42 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st February 2017, 09:18 AM |#24971  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Anyone knows great profiles for V4A?
Really need one

21st February 2017, 12:12 PM |#24972  
Flag Puducherry
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Can u guys suggest installing it in 7.1.1
I installed the apk manually and drivers process goes on ask for a reboot.. No luck in loop!!
21st February 2017, 12:23 PM |#24973  
Flag Kerens
Thanks Meter: 1,228

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo_223

Anyone knows great profiles for V4A?
Really need one

It will depend on your device, tastes, and speakers or headphones. What sounds great on my car would be aweful with your headphones. I like the Joe Meeks compressor though (IR) as well as the viper bass and clarity enhancers

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
21st February 2017, 01:17 PM |#24974  
Flag Solar system
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kumaranwade

Can u guys suggest installing it in 7.1.1
I installed the apk manually and drivers process goes on ask for a reboot.. No luck in loop!!

Use magisk, worked fine for me..

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
21st February 2017, 02:06 PM |#24975  
Flag Near Nijmegen
Thanks Meter: 177

More
Installer for Htc sense devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatOutRU

Can`t make viper working with 2.79 SR3 SuperSU
Im on Nougat with sense 8.0

This zip will work in your case i think.
It installs the driver and places a script in su/su.d for the selinux compatibility.
Afterwards install v2.5.0.5 with the io fix
Works great on my m9 with android 7
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pittvandewitt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pittvandewitt Ad-Free
21st February 2017, 02:17 PM |#24976  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittvandewitt

This zip will work in your case i think.
It installs the driver and places a script in su/su.d for the selinux compatibility.
Afterwards install v2.4.0.1 or 2.5.0.5 with the io fix
Works great on my m9 with android 7

You`re my hero! But after instlling 2.5.0.5 viper asked for a driver update. It works now, thanks!
21st February 2017, 02:56 PM |#24977  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Viper4Android XHifi
Hi,

I'm really sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this question. But I just installed the latest Viper4Android XHiFi and it is has a popup asking "Please select your CPU" with 3 options:
  • Without VFP
  • With VFP
  • CortexAx with Neon

I have the OnePlus 3T and the older threads don't have my device listed since those posts are older. I did some search online and I'm inclined to say that CortexAx with NEON might be the right option for my OnePlus 3T - but can someone more experience please confirm that I am right or wrong here? Thank you.

Edit: I am running OOS 4.0.3-based Freedom OS 1.3 (Android N 7.0 - in case that helps)

Edit-2: I am more inclined to say it is Corext-based.:

SD 801 has CPU arch ISA ARMv8-A (Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...dragon_devices)
ARMv8-A has ".......development platform with Cortex A57 and ......" (Source: https://www.arm.com/products/process...chitecture.php)

This is the closest I could come to figuring this out - some help with someone experienced would be much appreciated. Thanks!
21st February 2017, 03:31 PM |#24978  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Volume control?
I managed to make it work on zenfone 2, but i noticed something very wrong with viper4android.
The more push volume effects like compressor, playback gain control or Master limiter, the more the android native volume control becomes ineffective.
This is easilly explained by the fact that maybe viperfx sits "after" the android music volume control, see the following example, this is happening to me:

Played Music (-30dB) -> Android volume control (-80dB) -> ViperFX Auto gain control (0dB) -> speaker/headset (0dB)

In that case, even if i lowered the android volume control to the minimum possible (one step after zero), viperFX comes to play after it, raising the sound to 0dB again.

To support my thesis, i can hear a lot of digital noise, probably due to the fact that ViperFX is doing an insane work raising a very low volume to 0dB.
Indeed, using the volume slider, does not alter the volume anymore, but just eliminates the digital noise as i move the volume slider up.

Everyone can test it.
Play some music
activate playback gain control, push it to extreme, set max gain to infinite and max output to 0dB.
now slide the android music volume to the minumum (after zero) and hear that the music does not lower the volume; it just becomes more noisy.

The final question is: is there a way to make viperfx operate *BEFORE* android volume control?

Thanks.

Please ignore, rebooted, and it works as it should (wth?)
21st February 2017, 03:53 PM |#24979  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I cant install the driver, it says is installed after pulse yes and then I reboot and it says me is not installed another time. I have the fix all for nougat

OnePlus 3T
21st February 2017, 04:10 PM |#24980  
Flag Near Nijmegen
Thanks Meter: 177

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatOutRU

You`re my hero! But after instlling 2.5.0.5 viper asked for a driver update. It works now, thanks!

I'm glad it is working
And it is because the zip contains the 2.4.0.1 driver.
My zip patches htc_audio_effects.conf and installs the script which the app does not
21st February 2017, 05:25 PM |#24981  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by uudruid74

It will depend on your device, tastes, and speakers or headphones. What sounds great on my car would be aweful with your headphones. I like the Joe Meeks compressor though (IR) as well as the viper bass and clarity enhancers

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

A profile that works from EDM to Pop and from Rock to Hip Pop, a deceny alrounder.

PS: i dont know what im doing in the settings
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
best settings, convolver, cure tech+, fx xhifi, irs impulse response sample, settings, viper4android v4a, virtual headphone surround engine+

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)