FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] Official ViPER4Android Audio Effects (FX v2.5.0.5) - New Features & 7.0 Support

4,109 posts
Thanks Meter: 14,497

By zhuhang, Recognized Contributor on 15th March 2013, 04:42 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th July 2017, 10:15 AM |#25951  
Thanks Meter: 110

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bberkey1

I've searched through this thread a bit, but I'll admit, it's rather long and I gave up, so forgive me for more than likely posting a duplicate question. I have a Galaxy S4, version 4.4.2 and downloaded the proper Zip however, upon installing, I have no options for any other modes. I've followed the guide provided with no potential hang ups except possible that I was never asked to grant root access ( I am rooted via towelroot) so I'm not sure if that is the issue and if so, could I manually grant permission via root browser?

I have the following under the driver settings:
driver version 2.5.0.4
Neon Enabled: yes
Audio format: supported
Processing: Yes

Do I not have a compatible phone version/hardware? I also have not toyed with any selinux options, as I wanted to be sure it simply wasn't a noob problem.

Thanks and sorry again for such a newbie question

Not having a choice means you got sth installed but hard to tell what.
Status clearly says it is installed and operational so settings set in the app actually make a difference in audio output.

Possibly menu is written in a way that if there is only single choice to make (only one supported by hardware detected) choice is not even show - just proceeded with that one compatible option.

14th July 2017, 11:52 AM |#25952  
Thanks Meter: 255

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocker7

Need help mates. V4A in my phone (Samsung Galaxy A3 2015) is always getting killed. When it is killed, I always open again the V4A to start it again.

Install as system app?
14th July 2017, 12:24 PM |#25953  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boofman

Install as system app?

No mate
14th July 2017, 12:50 PM |#25954  

More
Quote:

No mate

Try installing as system app. The LMK might be kinder afterwards.
14th July 2017, 12:57 PM |#25955  

More
Quote:

Try installing as system app. The LMK might be kinder afterwards.

What's LMK mate?
14th July 2017, 01:05 PM |#25956  

More
Quote:

What's LMK mate?

Low Memory Killer
14th July 2017, 01:45 PM |#25957  

More
Quote:

Low Memory Killer

How can I use it, mate?
14th July 2017, 02:43 PM |#25958  

More
Quote:

How can I use it, mate?

Actually you try to avoid LMK from killing Viper. One of those things to do would be to try and install Viper as a system app, to make it harder for LMK to kill it.
15th July 2017, 03:57 AM |#25959  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 734

More
Quote:

Actually you try to avoid LMK from killing Viper. One of those things to do would be to try and install Viper as a system app, to make it harder for LMK to kill it.

Even as system app, the process can still be killed when you clear background apps.

There is an app which uses the Xposed framework that allows the process to be "resident", which keeps the process in memory and it will not be affected by LMK.

Sent from my SM-G920I using XDA Labs
15th July 2017, 05:41 AM |#25960  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Viper still wont work even on V13.2. Only on the last beta 13 or V12 did it work, so might as well update the template for the module.
15th July 2017, 06:40 AM |#25961  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by popthosegaskets

Even as system app, the process can still be killed when you clear background apps.

There is an app which uses the Xposed framework that allows the process to be "resident", which keeps the process in memory and it will not be affected by LMK.

Yes, but if you're on Nougat, there's no Xposed Support. Best bet would be to install it as a System App so it won't be killed automatically.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
best settings, convolver, cure tech+, fx xhifi, irs impulse response sample, settings, viper4android v4a, virtual headphone surround engine+

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)