What Cookie version do you prefer ?

• Total voters
Search This thread

tpctsu

Nov 28, 2009
i have put the cookie energy 24/07 rom but i think the battery decreases very guick.

i have desabled the 3g, gps, data and the back light to low but it comes out very quicker than before.

does anyone know why?

skotten

Aug 12, 2008
i have put the cookie energy 24/07 rom but i think the battery decreases very guick.

i have desabled the 3g, gps, data and the back light to low but it comes out very quicker than before.

does anyone know why?

What kind of radio are you using? This is propably the largest battery sucker. I would recommend either the 2.07.50 or the 2.10.50_26 if battery drain is a concern.

Btw. NRG: adding the musicplayer at the home tab seems buggy, since it adds a huge player on every home tab screens. Don't know if it is related to the sense update, used to work fine before 30.july-rom.

Other than that, thanks for the great work you are doing :D

hummy15

Jan 18, 2008
Brecon Beacons
In MAXSENSE

How can I change the bottom left icon from activating the ACTION SCREEN TO START.
The START ICON is currently on the left top. Thank you.

gamecore

May 9, 2010
www.mvmclan.com
Hi,

Perhaps you want to try a Free Home AntiVirus that I've been using - Avast Home. I no longer have virus/malware/adware ever since I installed Avast. Previously I was on the Corporate ver of Symantec 10 and still it would prompt of a virus and next minute the virus will be activated even though the msg is quarantined. Adware same thing it would say blocked but next thing ads are flying out from nowhere.

No issues flashing the latest Energy.Leo.23673.Sense2.5.Cookie.Jul.30.7z.

Dansoh

Im also using AVAST free edition and i also didnt get any viruses popups.

brianwilkie76

Dec 17, 2009
Peterborough
Downloading Issues

Hi guys, is anybody else having downloading issues, I'm trying to download the new Dinik Glass 23673 (July 30) ROM but keep getting a service unavailable error from Hotfile.com.... Just wondering if it's just me.

Me too...battery drains fast as hell...using the 12th radio, all things disabled...WLAN/Blue./etc...GSM mode only.

Drains like 3-4 times faster than the 24th july rom. :(:(:(

(installed the Chainfire drivers)

You have just flashed the new 30th rom, but haven't given the battery time to "Settle" Chill out, and wait a few charge cycles for it to normalize, then ask again, if still happening. I would also recommend not running chainfire, as chef has stated before not to use them, and has not said otherwise...

adamis

Dec 13, 2005
XDA_UC

Hello, NRG! You have in XDA_UC:
* It will silently install CAB files found in \Storage Card\XDA_UC\
* It will install special CAB files that require user input (such as Agreements or any type of prompt) found in \Storage Card\XDA_UC\SD

and is it possible something like:
* It will silently install CAB files on Storage Card found in \Storage Card\XDA_UC\SDAuto???

omnia66

Mar 14, 2009
uptodate ( a medical program) does not work with your 21911
what can I do
please show me a solution thank you

Fishawy

Mar 26, 2010
Melbourne
Google Pixel 7 Pro

lol

Hello, NRG! You have in XDA_UC:
* It will silently install CAB files found in \Storage Card\XDA_UC\
* It will install special CAB files that require user input (such as Agreements or any type of prompt) found in \Storage Card\XDA_UC\SD

and is it possible something like:
* It will silently install CAB files on Storage Card found in \Storage Card\XDA_UC\SDAuto???

You could use SASHIMI until you figure this out.

what can I do

I didn't use it before, but what's the error you get? Is it your first EnergyROM?

NBB823151

Nov 18, 2009
what can I do

I would suggest contacting the maker of the program to see if there is a newer version and check the compatability to the Rom. It is not for NRG, and impossible for him to ensure all programs work on his ROMs.

EmerJency

Nov 5, 2008
Great White North
Early posted by EmerJency, I couldn't find it...finally did! I used it before, just in case you don't want the Android Lock!

Originally Posted by EmerJency
Searching the registry I found the reg key that controls which lockscreen you can use, but I did have a lockup using the CHT lockscreen so I went back to the installed HTCLockScreen that NRG added to this build that has no issues. Please use @ your own risk!

Code:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\LockScreen\Enable
Change the value of Enable from 2 to 1
Now you can use the WM lockscreen or CHT
I do have one question though. Is there a way to make the softkey buttons completely transparent?

Great work Chef!!

Thanks

You can also use the NRGZ28 Stock Lockscreen.cab which changes the HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Lockscreen\Oem\CustomUIDLL value from \windows\customlockscreen.dll to \

You can find the cab on the first post under the addon link.:D

EJ

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    6.5.X & 6.5|ROM|WWE| Energy Series 29022 /21916 Sense 2.5 + Many Variations (See next post)

EnergyROM_Collection.png

Welcome to the "EnergyROM" thread !

This development thread is for my "Energy" custom firmware series for the HTC Touch HD2 (Leo) device.

I build my ROMs with four main goals.

• Eye candy ( I want my ROM to look great and for it to all flow together nicely)
    • Speed !!!
    • Smoothness, consistency and good aesthetics
    • Stability through private beta testing before public release
    I preconfigure a lot of things in my ROM, because when I flash it on my phone, I want it ready to go. So, the ringtone, sms/email and other notifications to already be set. Doing it this way, makes for a nice ROM that's ready out of the box.

This firmware is compatible with all HD2 devices manufactured by HTC !

>> If you're an advanced user and know what you want already, jump directly to post #2 and download what build you'll like to install.

>> If you're a beginner, read on as there's a few things you need to do first.

• You need to install a modified "SPL" on your device that allows installation of custom ROMs such as this one. It's called a "Hard SPL" and it's in of these stickies at the top of this forum (not this thread!).

If you have a T-Mobile USA branded device, then you don't need to flash a "radio". The ROM will work just fine with it. However, if you own an asian or european HD2 then you NEED to flash a .50 radio.

I RECOMMEND FLASHING RADIO 2.07.50 or 2.12.50 !

After you install the correct radio, go on to post #2 and download the ROM of your choice. There's always a choice of 2 (sometimes 3) builds for each "flavor" of the ROM. Looking at the download folders you'll see:

• A 21916 Build which is the most reliable and bug free release. It has the Start menu button at the top left corner. This build uses the same stock system that came with your device. This is usually the fastest and most stable build, but it's also the least fancy :)

• A 29022 Build that's the latest in Microsoft's development with the Start menu button at the bottom left corner and big softkeys, making it all very "finger friendly". These builds reflect the latest cutting edge technology from Microsoft. Most people choose this build... Why else would you install a custom ROM ? :)

After flashing the ROM, please read the FAQ in post 4, and maybe even the links to the individual modifications for each ROM in post 2 (such as "Cookie", "GTX" etc). It will help you get more familiar with which one and will greatly reduce the initial learning curve.

The current build numbers and date can be seen in the title of this thread. I usually update the ROMs every few days, as new builds come down the pipe.

I recommend learning to backup your settings with either Sashimi or UC (User Customization), or the built in "Settings Exporter" in the Tools folder. Backing up with SPB Backup or similar products, is NOT recommended, as they tend to backup the previous release's registry/file bugs as well!

BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD AND FLASH ANY OF THESE ROMS, MAKE SURE YOUR RADIO VERSION IS AT LEAST 2.07.50 (not 51! any .50 version should be okay) , OR YOUR PHONE WILL NOT BOOTUP AFTER YOU FLASH !
    IF YOU HAVE A TMOBILE USA DEVICE, THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU AND YOU DO NOT NEED TO FLASH A NEW RADIO, BUT 2.07.50 IS STILL RECOMMENDED TO WORK BEST WITH THIS ROM.

You can stay up to date on the status of my ROM development by "following" me on Twitter.

He means I need to do some Android ROMs for the HD2. Hmm... I think I just might. Maybe start off with skinning of t he existing ones to look like my WM ROMs then.. take it from there.
    Hi,

Great work the new 29005 seems to be a bit quicker, however unless it's me (always a possibility) none of the program icons appear to have the sencity skinning for instance in the start menu.

The start menu icons are NOT supposed to skinned. That's quite normal...
    This post features all the Cookie Hometab based ROMs I make.

The original ROM is the "energy" version and that's a good starting point. All the rest, are themes applied to that ROM.
    They all come in two versions,
    Cookie 1.8.5 and Cookie 2.0 (the ROM filename will be labeled "Cookie" and "Cookie.2.0, plus the name of the theme)

You can see more screenshots of these ROMs a couple of posts down.

The two Cookie versions look pretty similar, but Cookie 2.0 has multiple sliding homescreens/freely moveable widgets (similar to Android) and
    quite a few more features and speed.

EnergyROM_Energy.png

My own 'Energy' style

• This is the best ROM version and the way Sense should have been designed by HTC
    • Offers the biggest customization ability out of all versions. You can add/remove bars or items on the homescreen, arrange items any way you like, plus lots of extra features
    • Three built in lockscreens. "HD Mini" style, Manila style or Windows style
    • 3 pages of quicklinks with a configurable amount of shortcuts displayed
    • 3 Homescreen layouts to choose from, as seen in the above screenshots, all completely customizable !
    • Link to the original thread for this mod is here > Click <
    EnergyROM_Dinik.png

Dinik's "Anastasia"
    • This ROM series is skinned with Dinik's great "Anastasia" theme applied on everything.
    • Everything has been skinned, including Sense, the start menu items, the soft keyboard, parts of the dialer... etc

EnergyROM_sencity.png

_LeCiel_'s ".sencity"

• This ROM is themed with the .sencity theme released by _LeCiel_ who is a very talented artist ! Please support his work if possible.
    • .sencity is not %100 complete yet, but _LeCiel_ is working hard on finishing his work to completely skin the entire ROM.
    EnergyROM_TouchOfGlass.png

DJC & Bobsbbq's "Touch Of Glass"
    • This ROM series is skinned with DJC's "Touch of Glass" theme throughout Sense and the Start Menu
    • More will be skinned as DJC continues his work on the theme in the future...
    EnergyROM_GTX.png

ElCondor's "GTX"

• This ROM has the white GTX theme applied
    • Android styled taskbar, matching dialer, matching start menu background and Action screen background
    • GTX is a total reskin of the operating system, so expect a very different (white) experience

So looking at the poll numbers... CHT 2.0 trumps CHT 1.8.5 by a lot. :)