Q And A for Ace II

Search This thread

Derrell18

Nov 28, 2012
Large Sized Games

Am well new to rooting phones n all these tech stuff but i would like to know how to play large games on my device like N.O.V.A 3, Fifa 12 n such but have a big problem with space

forbidden8

Feb 9, 2011
Burgas
Can someone tell me why cant change system ui sounds? I try to replace it with ICS one, but when i paste them using ES file explorer, give me error.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

judas1977

Mar 22, 2011
i think that this is something like AxT9IME.apk (com.sec.android.inputmethod)...

Last edited:
Reactions: Fzee

yonosoyyo

Oct 21, 2012
How to flash Custom Kernel

I'm in the way o installing Kyrillos rom to our Ace2 device. I have succesfully flashed Stock I8160XXLI2 firmware using ODIN, as requested by Kyrillos.

Now I want to install "HD Kernel (custom kernel with TWRP)" as it is required. On the step by step guide, Kyrillos says:

"go again in download mode and flash the kernel this time. [WARNING!! THE COUNTER WILL GO TO 1 AND YOU WILL LOSE WARRANTY!!]. When the phone boot up again, shut it down".

I don'w know how to install the HD Kernel file (called: GT-I8160_HD-Custom_Kernel-aroma_installer-v1.1) through ODIN in Download Mode.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks

Fzee

Nov 9, 2012
Singapore,Sembawang
I'm in the way o installing Kyrillos rom to our Ace2 device. I have succesfully flashed Stock I8160XXLI2 firmware using ODIN, as requested by Kyrillos. <br />
<br />
Now I want to install "HD Kernel (custom kernel with TWRP)" as it is required. On the step by step guide, Kyrillos says:<br />
<br />
"go again in download mode and flash the kernel this time. [WARNING!! THE COUNTER WILL GO TO 1 AND YOU WILL LOSE WARRANTY!!]. When the phone boot up again, shut it down".<br />
<br />
I don'w know how to install the HD Kernel file (called: GT-I8160_HD-Custom_Kernel-aroma_installer-v1.1) through ODIN in Download Mode. <br />
<br />
Can someone please help me?<br />
<br />
Thanks

Do you have any custom recovery?If you have,you could flash from there without odin.

If you dont have it,you need to flash a recovery such as TWRP.Download TWRP recovery first.The one that says 29/10 and in md5 file.Then flash it via Odin as pda file.Then you flash the HD kernel v1.1 via TWRP recovery.If you need more help,just,dont be shy to ask:D

So my man,tell me something,did i answer your question?If i did,click the thanks button.If i didn't,im probably trollin ya =O

Last edited:
Reactions: yonosoyyo

kebeen19

Nov 20, 2012
I'm in the way o installing Kyrillos rom to our Ace2 device. I have succesfully flashed Stock I8160XXLI2 firmware using ODIN, as requested by Kyrillos.

Now I want to install "HD Kernel (custom kernel with TWRP)" as it is required. On the step by step guide, Kyrillos says:

"go again in download mode and flash the kernel this time. [WARNING!! THE COUNTER WILL GO TO 1 AND YOU WILL LOSE WARRANTY!!]. When the phone boot up again, shut it down".

I don'w know how to install the HD Kernel file (called: GT-I8160_HD-Custom_Kernel-aroma_installer-v1.1) through ODIN in Download Mode.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks

Flash antsm kernel first using odin. Then flash the hd kernel through cwm.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using xda premium

yonosoyyo

Oct 21, 2012
Hi!

Thanks a lot for your info!

I don't have any custom recovery yet.

TWRP doesn't support Ace2, as it is said on their website.

Also, HD Custom Recovery has TWRP... so I don´t know how to proceed. :crying:

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

just flashed kernels. first the antsm kernel and then the hd one. now on my way to flash kyrillos rom!! thanks :laugh:

Pedroc1999

Nov 22, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
I want to install a custom rom that will allow my phone to be faster and with a kernal that supports overclocking (setcpu), so far i cant find any tutorials what so ever regarding the installation of custom roms/kernals on the ace 2. i read somewhere that rom manager isnt compaitable so how would i install clockwork recovery. also... what about fastboot

i allready got rooted

Last edited:

Fzee

Nov 9, 2012
Singapore,Sembawang
I want to install a custom rom that will allow my phone to be faster and with a kernal that supports overclocking (setcpu), so far i cant find any tutorials what so ever regarding the installation of custom roms/kernals on the ace 2. i read somewhere that rom manager isnt compaitable so how would i install clockwork recovery. also... what about fastboot

i allready got rooted

Currently overclocking is not supported.However,you could still increase the minimum cpu to 800 mhz which is the maximum cpu of our phone.(Note that this would drain battery life faster)

To install a custom recovery,i have provided TWRP by Hafidzudin(it is supported:D)
http://d-h.st/P90

Just flash it through Odin as pda file.If you dont know,here are the steps to flash through odin

.Download odin on your pc and run it)
.Click pda and choose the file i have given you(make sure its an .md5 file:D)
.Once you done that,boot your phone into download mode(volume down+home button+power button)
.Plug in computer via USB and you should see some kinda yellow light with a bunch of words.
.Just click start.Once done,your phone will boot
.Reboot into recovery mode to see TWRP(Volume up+home+power button)

You should do a nandroid backup first though just incase you brick your phone.Just boot into recovery and click backup.If you want to restore just click restore

To flash a rom ,such as Kyrillos rom,download the zip file and put it on your sd card.Boot into recovery and navigate to wipe.Click factory reset(note that this will delete all your apps.)Then navigate to install and select the file.Once done reboot
If you want to flash Jellycream rom,its a little bit more than that but im still here to help.

To flash a kernel such as HD kernel 1.1,download the file and put it on your sd card.Boot into recovery and navigate to install and select the kernel.Once done reboot.

Feel free to ask any questions if you are unsure

So my man,tell me something,did i answer your question?If i did,click the thanks button.If i didn't,im probably trollin ya =O

Last edited:
Reactions: yonosoyyo

marek.ns

Mar 13, 2011
Hello.
My rooted Ace II suddenly switched off. It was charged and it happened while I had it in my pocket. Since this I cant to switch it on. No reaction. I tried to enter recovery mode but nothing happened and after plug it to charger nothing happened too.
It seems to be hardbricked. Is there anything what I could try? Could I have problem with warranty? (yes, i read it before rooting, but have you some experience with reclaiming of rooted phone?)
Thanks for answers and sorry if I am in bad thread...

Fzee

Nov 9, 2012
Singapore,Sembawang
You could download any stock firmware and flash it via odin.Note that your phone will loose root but your apps will still be there

I have included stock firmware XXLI2(October) by kyrillos.
http://d-h.st/Xtn

Flash the file as pda via odin and you are done.If you need further info,feel free to ask

settu_kliwon

Account currently disabled
Nov 22, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
Font

I'm successfully install Kyrillos's ROM. This is great so far, make my Ace2 smooth and faster.
But the minor problem is there's only one font available.
How can I install another font and where should I download the font file? Or maybe just need to copy paste to /system/fonts.

Fzee

Nov 9, 2012
Singapore,Sembawang
I'm successfully install Kyrillos's ROM. This is great so far, make my Ace2 smooth and faster.
But the minor problem is there's only one font available.
How can I install another font and where should I download the font file? Or maybe just need to copy paste to /system/fonts.

Just download a font installer fron the play store.Then download any font from dafont.com.Extract it and transfer it to your phone.Install it via whatever font installer you downloaded

Reactions: settu_kliwon

Fzee

Nov 9, 2012
Singapore,Sembawang
Thank you my man, you save my day. I use Font Installer from PlayStore.

No problem man.Glad i could help.I see you are kinda new here on XDA.Not much people do this but i'll give you a thanks to start your journey on XDA.Have fun

Reactions: settu_kliwon

Top Liked Posts