Help with Rooting my Motorola Atrix 2!! Getting an error!

Search This thread

tkoa1991

Apr 10, 2012
Help please!! I don't know what to do! I'm not used to rooting Androids! Jailbreaking iPhones is different!

bigTINY779

Try super one click. That's what I had to use. I posted a link to it in this forum if you search for it.
this root method worked like a charm on my atrix 2 running 2.3.6ota! of coarse all credit goes to shortfuse for making this super easy one click program!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/67909581/SuperOneClickv2.3.3-ShortFuse.zip

Sent from my MB865 using XDA

Last edited:

thethird84

Jan 21, 2012
Root Help

Make sure under setting>applications >development that the USB debugging is checked. And yeah would agree to using the one click method. Also look up what version of Android you are using under about phone under settings. This will help in getting root access.

lkrasner

Apr 14, 2012
Brighton, MI
Don't root if you don't know what you're doing

This will work if you follow it. However, I hate to be that developer that's telling people not to mess with stuff cause they're new, but be careful. having a rooted phone is great, but understand that just rooting does nothing at all. rooting simply allows you to do stuff that Motorola/AT&T/Android does not allow. You gain "Root" or admin access. There is a reason they do not let you access this stuff by default. It is essential to the system, and you can seriously screw up your phone by messing with it. That said. with a little care and research, rooting is easy and unlocks the path to having a better phone and understanding the inner workings of it better. Long story short. You should not be rooting if you don't know what you are doing and can't figure out how to make it work. When I started messing with this, I knew very little about Android, So I did a bunch of research, and learned more. Once I felt comfortable rooting and understood how it worked, I did. I now run a new rom and many other tweaks, and it's great, but I know I risk breaking my phone if I do something without the proper precautions.

Top Liked Posts