HTC J butterfly testdevice 1.10.970.3 system&kernel&cidblock dumpfile

Search This thread

samusx

Feb 16, 2011
Hi, I went to the link you posted and on that page there was a link to an unlock guide for the J Butterfly.
I'm not to knowledgeable about this kind of thing but looking through both the unlock guides they seem identical.

Can someone confirm that the unlock technique and guides for the DNA and the J Butterfly are the same?

Here is the link for the J Butterfly unlock guide (they even say it is borrowed from the DNA guide)
http://htcsoku.info/htcsokudev/2012device/deluxe_j/root/

Here is the link for the Droid DNA unlock guide.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=34583031

Any help would be appreciated because I tend on getting this phone in the next few days and would like to unlock/root and hopefully backup my phones ROM so I can start playing around.

Thank you.

samusx

Feb 16, 2011
Sorry to bump this but I am wondering if anyone can give me some insight. Please.

samusx

Feb 16, 2011
I don't care if I can only use it in Japan. I just want to be able to root and be able to backup my rom and install custom roms and mods. ^_^

SharpIS03

Dec 17, 2010
Koshigaya
Hi, I went to the link you posted and on that page there was a link to an unlock guide for the J Butterfly.
I'm not to knowledgeable about this kind of thing but looking through both the unlock guides they seem identical.

Can someone confirm that the unlock technique and guides for the DNA and the J Butterfly are the same?

Here is the link for the J Butterfly unlock guide (they even say it is borrowed from the DNA guide)
http://htcsoku.info/htcsokudev/2012device/deluxe_j/root/

Here is the link for the Droid DNA unlock guide.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=34583031

Any help would be appreciated because I tend on getting this phone in the next few days and would like to unlock/root and hopefully backup my phones ROM so I can start playing around.

Thank you.

Well, just tried the DNA method and ran into an error. The guy (jcase) behind the DNA unlock looked into it for a short while and will hopefully figure it out. Until then, looks like we're stuck. In that Japanese link, it seems like they got it to work...but I'm not so sure, so I left a comment and maybe that will bring up something.

tiltyu

Nov 10, 2010
Tokyo
That method above didn't work for me either

got into stuck as others did when I tried to write mmcblk0p5

dd if=/sdcard/CIDBLOCK.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p5
/dev/block/mmcblk0p5: cannot open for write: Permission denied

samusx

Feb 16, 2011
Can I ask where you guys got your J butterflies?
I live in Osaka and they are not on sale here yet.

rassam

May 26, 2008
im glad to see people discussing this phone as it looks and feels amazing. if anyone finds a safe and easy method to root please share! thanks

rassam

May 26, 2008
Does any one think that xda will open its own forum for this phone?
I hope some of the big dogs on here get this phone because it's so slick. Even determined iPhone users admit how beautiful this phone is!

Sent from my HTL21 using xda premium

SharpIS03

Dec 17, 2010
Koshigaya
great
looking forward to the report whether it's bootloader is unlockable or not :)

No unlock yet. HTCdev site doesn't work, and jcase method doesn't work either. Believe me, I'm looking in many places for any clues on how to progress with the Butterfly!

---------- Post added at 02:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 AM ----------

Does any one think that xda will open its own forum for this phone?
I hope some of the big dogs on here get this phone because it's so slick. Even determined iPhone users admit how beautiful this phone is!

Sent from my HTL21 using xda premium

Probably no separate forum for this device, I would like one as well. I may open up a thread myself once unlock is possible and the RUU becomes available.

I'm no big dog, but I'm trying to learn.

---------- Post added at 02:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 AM ----------

im glad to see people discussing this phone as it looks and feels amazing. if anyone finds a safe and easy method to root please share! thanks

Agreed, I love this phone. I recorded my friend's performance using the Butterfly and it looked absolutely beautiful on my TV in 1080p.

Having an SD card slot is also awesome :)

Top Liked Posts