Restore back to factory 4.2.2?

Search This thread

St0n3s

Jan 17, 2012
Can anybody point me to a thread that has the download of what I need to restore the SGS4 back to factory 4.2.2 settings?
All I have been able to find are restore back to factory 4.3 settings.
I am still on 4.2.2 & would like to go back to factory default of 4.2.2 so I can then download the 4.3. Currently it won't allow me to do so because the phone isn't stock.

Thanks for any help in advance.

re: upgrading

Can anybody point me to a thread that has the download of what I need to restore the SGS4 back to factory 4.2.2 settings?
I am still on 4.2.2 & would like to go back to factory default of 4.2.2 so I can then download the 4.3. Currently it won't allow me to do so because the phone isn't stock.

Why not just go to http://SamMobile.com and download the official 4.3 MK2 stock rom from there
and then Odin flash it. After doing that you can if you like root the phone and flash a custom recovery.

You can also get the original official 4.2.2 stock rom and odin flash that and allow the OTA update.
But it's a lot easier/faster to just download the new 4.3 official MK2 rom in the first place.

Good luck!

Reactions: St0n3s

St0n3s

Jan 17, 2012
Thanks for the help. But dang, 5 hours & 15 minutes to download 1.4gigs? OUCH!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    re: upgrading

Why not just go to http://SamMobile.com and download the official 4.3 MK2 stock rom from there
    and then Odin flash it. After doing that you can if you like root the phone and flash a custom recovery.

You can also get the original official 4.2.2 stock rom and odin flash that and allow the OTA update.
    But it's a lot easier/faster to just download the new 4.3 official MK2 rom in the first place.

Good luck!
    Thanks for the help. But dang, 5 hours & 15 minutes to download 1.4gigs? OUCH!

4.2.2 is about the same though. TouchWiz is bulky. Also, if you're gonna do custom recovery etc why not just upgrade your modem and use the CWM-flashable 4.3's? Keep your warranty intact that way.