ROM: Galaxy Exhibit 4G Peach Sunrise 3.01

Search This thread

jocala

Jul 4, 2010
Ocala
OK I actually already had 1.2a installed and followed those instructions to a T. I can't boot into clockworkmod, do I need to reinstall? I'm just wondering why wifi wouldn't work and why I get spammed force close errors, if I followed everything correctly the first time.

Of course, after another reboot I'm getting a launcher error AGAIN and it won't load.

Now my phone won't even boot. It just sticks on the Samsung screen.

Alright, got back on and am not turning it off until I hear from you lol... ROM manager says I'm not rooted now? Sorry for all these edits.

You need to carefully read my previous posts, all I can do is keep repeating myself. Your phone is in an unstable state. You can fix it via ClockworkMod. If you can't get to ClockworkMod, reinstall stock via Odin and start over.

Edit: If you are running 1.2a, see if you can open the terminal app. If you can, enter "su" followed by "reboot recovery" (omit quotes). You can also try the Quickboot app. You need to wipe and reinstall.

Last edited:

dswaggz

Jun 12, 2010
Have u tried the easy Ubuntu installer on ur jocala

Sent from my SGH-T679 using xda premium

hotsauce126

Dec 30, 2011
Athens, GA
So I have Peach Sunrise 1.1 installed
if I want to flash 1.2a can I just go into cwm and flash it or do I need to wipe cache/data/dalvik cache first?

jocala

Jul 4, 2010
Ocala
UID errors

Go to your data/system folder, and find the uiderrors.txt file. It'll show in there what's causing your problems. Mine was pretty simple. I had upgraded Google Maps, after I had moved its data to the SD card (with Titanium Backup, since I have CDMA). Apparently that caused a UID mismatch, so I just moved the data back to internal memory. (It was only about 4kb so it wasn't a big deal.) I rebooted, and the UID error message went away, and the force close errors I was getting with Maps also went away.

I took a break from another project and found the post above. If you have weirdness going on, connect your phone via adb and see if you find uiderrors.txt. Perhaps it is possible to catch a ghost :)

Last edited:

T679noob

Jan 14, 2012
You need to carefully read my previous posts, all I can do is keep repeating myself. Your phone is in an unstable state. You can fix it via ClockworkMod. If you can't get to ClockworkMod, reinstall stock via Odin and start over.

Edit: If you are running 1.2a, see if you can open the terminal app. If you can, enter "su" followed by "reboot recovery" (omit quotes). You can also try the Quickboot app. You need to wipe and reinstall.

I did reinstall stock via the link you provided for SGH-T679_back_to_stock.zip. And no I can't access clockworkmod from boot and am confused why when trying to reboot into clockworkmod via rom manager, it says I'm not rooted (can't find superuser). Terminal Emulator is gone and when I try to access the market, it says a server error has occured. Will a privacy data wipe help get rid of my past installs? Considering I'm afraid to reboot as I just get force close errors like mad.

I apologize that you feel you're repeating yourself, I'd just like to be clear in what I'm doing. Appreciate your help, though.

jocala

Jul 4, 2010
Ocala
I did reinstall stock via the link you provided for SGH-T679_back_to_stock.zip. And no I can't access clockworkmod from boot and am confused why when trying to reboot into clockworkmod via rom manager, it says I'm not rooted (can't find superuser). Terminal Emulator is gone and when I try to access the market, it says a server error has occured. Will a privacy data wipe help get rid of my past installs? Considering I'm afraid to reboot as I just get force close errors like mad.

I apologize that you feel you're repeating yourself, I'd just like to be clear in what I'm doing. Appreciate your help, though.

Don't apologize, we were all noobs once. Perhaps I was impatient. Let's start over.

The problem with your phone is a corrupt data partition. That is causing FCs and other errors.

EDIT: corrupt data partition is probably too strong. Portions of your data partition are out of sync, causing UID errors is more like it.

If you're back to stock via Odin, you should have stock recovery, kernel and /system (ROM) in place. ClockworkMod is no longer installed. Nothing of mine should be installed. You are no longer rooted. (BTW, forget ROM manager for now, OK?)

1. If you can get to settings, go to Privacy/Factory data reset and press the reset phone button.

2. If not, pull your phone's battery, then put it back in. Press and hold your phone's Vol-UP key then press and hold the power key. After a few moments, you should see a solid white samsung logo. Continue holding the keys for two or three seconds then release. You should next see a colorful Exhibit II 4G logo, followed shortly by the stock recovery screen. This will offer you a delete data/cache option. This sometimes takes more than one try.

Either 1 or 2 should fix your problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: T679noob

danny8

Two newbie questions

First off, my phone is working fine. Peach Sunrise 1.2a.

But I have a couple of miscellaneous questions.

Now my phone won't even boot. It just sticks on the Samsung screen.

1) I've noticed my phone will not boot when it is attached to my computer with the USB cable. It cycles the Samsung logo. Is this normal?

2) I seems to me that opening a console and rebooting (just rebooting, not booting into recovery) is a bad idea. I had some problems after I did this and I ending up reflashing my ROM. However, I had done other things and I don't know if the other things caused my problem. Is it safe to do a normal boot as follows?
Code:
su
reboot

Thank you in advance.

T679noob

Jan 14, 2012
Don't apologize, we were all noobs once. Perhaps I was impatient. Let's start over.

The problem with your phone is a corrupt data partition. That is causing FCs and other errors.

If you're back to stock via Odin, you should have stock recovery, kernel and /system (ROM) in place. ClockworkMod is no longer installed. Nothing of mine should be installed. You are no longer rooted. (BTW, forget ROM manager for now, OK?)

1. If you can get to settings, go to Privacy/Factory data reset and press the reset phone button.

2. If not, pull your phone's battery, then put it back in. Press and hold your phone's Vol-UP key then press and hold the power key. After a few moments, you should see a solid white samsung logo. Continue holding the keys for two or three seconds then release. You should next see a colorful Exhibit II 4G logo, followed shortly by the stock recovery screen. This will offer you a delete data/cache option. This sometimes takes more than one try.

Either 1 or 2 should fix your problem.

Awesome ty... I figured I needed to do a privacy/factory wipe, I just wanted to be sure. The last thing I need is my phone to be bricked... So, after this process, I just need to root again and repeat the process for Peach Sunrise v1.2a (which I will reiterate, ran fantastically). Also, going to use your custom kernal this time, instead of superoneclick.

UPDATE: I'm back on the peach sunrise trolly! Rooting with your kernal was emphatically easy! So happy to have this ROM back. Thanks for all your hard work!

Last edited:

dswaggz

Jun 12, 2010
Hey Jacola find this picture in ur phone

Sent from my SGH-T679 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1329873956568.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1329873956568.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 94

jocala

Jul 4, 2010
Ocala
First off, my phone is working fine. Peach Sunrise 1.2a.

But I have a couple of miscellaneous questions.

1) I've noticed my phone will not boot when it is attached to my computer with the USB cable. It cycles the Samsung logo. Is this normal?

2) I seems to me that opening a console and rebooting (just rebooting, not booting into recovery) is a bad idea. I had some problems after I did this and I ending up reflashing my ROM. However, I had done other things and I don't know if the other things caused my problem. Is it safe to do a normal boot as follows?
Code:
su
reboot
Thank you in advance.

The su;reboot is fine and should be safe.

I reboot w/o problems, plugged in or not. No problems booting from console, either. Try a cache/dalvik wipe (not data) and see if the plugged in looping goes away.

jocala

Jul 4, 2010
Ocala
Awesome ty... I figured I needed to do a privacy/factory wipe, I just wanted to be sure. The last thing I need is my phone to be bricked... So, after this process, I just need to root again and repeat the process for Peach Sunrise v1.2a (which I will reiterate, ran fantastically). Also, going to use your custom kernal this time, instead of superoneclick.

UPDATE: I'm back on the peach sunrise trolly! Rooting with your kernal was emphatically easy! So happy to have this ROM back. Thanks for all your hard work!

Peach Sunrise is already rooted and has the kernel. No need to flash the standalone kernel.

Reactions: T679noob

danny8

I reboot w/o problems, plugged in or not. No problems booting from console, either. Try a cache/dalvik wipe (not data) and see if the plugged in looping goes away.

Thanks for the replies, Jocala!

I went through several test runs with my computer booted and some other test runs with my computer shut down. Shut down, but my PS still supplies the USB ports with power.

To do the tests I shut my phone down completely by holding the power switch until the dialog appeared, then clicking "Power off", and "OK" to confirm. A "non-expert" factory-approved shutdown. Then I rebooted my phone by holding the power switch and releasing.

My phone does in fact boot with the cable plugged in, for the most part. Once, it did the SAMSUNG logo looping. Also -- once, as I shut down my computer while the phone was OFF (cold) -- my phone decided to boot!

I am not claiming any of this means anything. My computer or my phone might be "out of spec" or it could be something else I don't understand. I started thinking about this behavior when I when I read the previous poster having problems booting.

I encountered this looping at least twice (before my experiments), despite following all steps "by the book". Both times, as soon as I pulled the cable, the issue resolved. So, when someone is having trouble booting, they might consider pulling their USB cable. TMMV.

PS: I did not clear the cache/Dalvik cache, although I sure would do that if this problem persisted or if I were running further experiments. I would also try using one of the other computers I have access to. Thanks again, J!

Last edited:

jocala

Jul 4, 2010
Ocala
Thanks for the replies, Jocala!

I went through several test runs with my computer booted and some other test runs with my computer shut down. Shut down, but my PS still supplies the USB ports with power.

To do the tests I shut my phone down completely by holding the power switch until the dialog appeared, then clicking "Power off", and "OK" to confirm. A "non-expert" factory-approved shutdown. Then I rebooted my phone by holding the power switch and releasing.

My phone does in fact boot with the cable plugged in, for the most part. Once, it did the SAMSUNG logo looping. Also -- once, as I shut down my computer while the phone was OFF (cold) -- my phone decided to boot!

I am not claiming any of this means anything. My computer or my phone might be "out of spec" or it could be something else I don't understand. I started thinking about this behavior when I when I read the previous poster having problems booting.

I encountered this looping at least twice (before my experiments), despite following all steps "by the book". Both times, as soon as I pulled the cable, the issue resolved. So, when someone is having trouble booting, they might consider pulling their USB cable. TMMV.

PS: I did not clear the cache/Dalvik cache, although I sure would do that if this problem persisted or if I were running further experiments. I would also try using one of the other computers I have access to. Thanks again, J!

NP, exploring is fun :)

jocala

Jul 4, 2010
Ocala
Go to your data/system folder, and find the uiderrors.txt file. It'll show in there what's causing your problems. Mine was pretty simple. I had upgraded Google Maps, after I had moved its data to the SD card (with Titanium Backup, since I have CDMA). Apparently that caused a UID mismatch, so I just moved the data back to internal memory. (It was only about 4kb so it wasn't a big deal.) I rebooted, and the UID error message went away, and the force close errors I was getting with Maps also went away.

I repeatedly flashed Peach w/o wiping (5x) and eventually got the symptoms of a uid error. Booted into recovery and found /data/system/uiderrors.txt

2/21/12 10:07 PM: No settings file; creating initial state
2/21/12 10:07 PM: No settings file; creating initial state
2/21/12 10:53 PM: Need to read from backup settings file
2/21/12 10:54 PM: Need to read from backup settings file
2/21/12 10:55 PM: Need to read from backup settings file
2/21/12 10:55 PM: Need to read from backup settings file
2/21/12 10:56 PM: Need to read from backup settings file
2/21/12 10:57 PM: Need to read from backup settings file
2/21/12 10:57 PM: Need to read from backup settings file
2/21/12 10:58 PM: Need to read from backup settings file
2/21/12 10:59 PM: Need to read from backup settings file
2/21/12 10:59 PM: Need to read from backup settings file
2/21/12 11:01 PM: Need to read from backup settings file
2/21/12 11:02 PM: Need to read from backup settings file
I have no idea what this means yet.

jocala

Jul 4, 2010
Ocala
Flashing the standalone kernel over Peach can break root. Don't do it.

I've posted a zip of the kernel and the modules for rooted ROMs. If you want the kernel only, not busybox,su,superuser, this is the archive you need. Right now, it's manual install only, download HERE

The kernel is still rooted, but only at adb level.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Peach Sunrise is the first custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Exhibit. Based on stock UVLG3, it's deodexed, zipaligned, rooted, very lightly themed and uses a custom kernel. A CWM-based Recovery is required for installation. The industry spyware program Carrier IQ has been removed. This ROM is based on Samsung stock UVLG3 and is NOT vulnerable to USSD Dialer Attacks!

Everything that works with stock works with Peach Sunrise.

You can swap your internal and external sd storage using the included SwapSD app.

ADW Launcher is default. This launcher is highly themable, with many hundreds of themes (including ICS) downloadable from the Market.

EStrongs FM, Voltage Control, DSPManager and CIFSManager are included in the ROM.

V6 SuperCharger is included.

The stock WallpaperChooser has been modified exposing 30 new Wallpapers from Samsung, previously hidden in the source code!

Extra features include busybox, bash shell, terminal, init.d support, rc.local support, remount script. Additionally, adb now supports root access, allowing you to do things from your command line that were not previously possible.

Video review of the Galaxy Exhibit & Peach Sunrise by TheGeekRedneck

Download Peach Sunrise 3.01 Android 2.3.6 HERE
    Download Mirror

Kernel sources

Installation

CWM Keys:
    Home key = enter
    Back key = back
    VolUp/Dwn = highlight choice

1. Back up your data. The installation will format your data partition. I suggest Titanium Backup, available in the Market.

2. Download the peach.sunrise zip file & copy to either your internal or external sd card.

3. Install Galaxy Exhibit 4G Custom Recovery (cwm) . If you're already rooted, you may install from the command line, otherwise you may install from Samsung's Recovery. Samsung's recovery only sees the internal SD, so copy the cwm zip there. Stock recovery sometimes takes more than one try to start.

Easy way to start recovery
    * Make sure the cwm zip is on your internal (non-removable) sd.
    * Pull the battery from your phone.
    * Connect phone to your pc via usb.
    * Press & hold Volume-up
    * Insert battery

Your phone will boot into recovery. Press the capacitive menu button (left bottom button) when you see the open white box and droid. Choose 'apply update from sdcard' and select the cwm zip file.

4. Start Custom Recovery (cwm): Press & hold Vol-Up, then press & hold Power. Shortly after the plain white Samsung logo appears, release both buttons. Recovery should start after the color Samsung/T-Mobile Exhibit logo.

5. Select ROMwipe. This step is required! You will have problems if you do not install Peach to a clean system.

6. Highlight install zip from sdcard, then press Home.

7. Highlight 'choose zip from sdcard/external sdcard, depending where you placed the download in step 2.

8. Highlight the peach.sunrise zip file, then press Home.

After you confirm your choice, installation should take less than three minutes.

Big Thanks to Camcory for his assistance with the extended menu for this release!

Remember to do a Nandroid Backup when you're happy with your setup!

Bloat
    Peach Sunrise has been de-bloated, meaning that most of the junk that
    T-Mobile/Samsung includes to eat up your phone's storage has been removed.
    If you need some of that stuff back, download the bloat file below, it's all in there.

bloat.peach.3.zip
    Mirror

======================

As always, you install at your own risk. No guarantees or warranties are made or given. YYMV. Caveat Emptor, etc.

=============================
    Attachments
    =============================
    Default home screen

Photograph: Taken in August, 2011 at New Smyrna Beach, FL with a Nikon D300.
    Links & Information

Useful links and information HERE
    Galaxy Exhibit 4G discussion HERE
    Galaxy Exhibit 4G Wiki HERE
    ClockworkMod 5.5.0.4

I've rebuilt our recovery image to include ClockworkMod 5.5.0.4. Thanks to Wilson and arco68 and of course Koush!

Download HERE

copy the cwm zip file to /mnt/sdcard and flash with recovery (stock or other).

Easy way to start recovery

1. Make sure the cwm zip is on your internal (non-removable) sd.
    2. Pull the battery from your phone.
    3. Connect phone to your pc via usb.
    4. Press & hold Volume-up
    5. Insert battery

Your phone will boot into recovery. Press the capacitive menu button (left bottom button) when you see the open white box and droid. Choose 'apply update from sdcard' and select the cwm zip file.

You can also flash via dd at a root prompt. You'll need recovery.img, contained in the cwm zip file This is considered to be advanced, but actually, it's quite easy.

Code:
    adb shell
    su
    dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13
    reboot recovery
    cwm keys: home,back, vol-up,vol-dn
    peach.v2.rc1.zip

peach.v2.rc1.zip

I expect that this will actually be 2.0, unless someone posts something show stopping.

Very heavily debloated.
    swapsd included
    terminal included
    V6 SuperCharger included.
    DSPManager included.

To swap your internal and external sd:
    open terminal.
    type "su" to become root.
    enter swapsd external to swap OR
    enter swapsd default to return to normal.
    reboot.
    This is only done once.
    The change is persistent until you swap it back.
    Please note than cwm does not recognize swapping.

Currently, SuperCharger is not initially activated. I'll probably have a default active at boot in the future.

To activate Supercharger, open terminal and enter su.
    When you have a "#" prompt, enter v6.
    A reboot is required after you exit the v6 script.
    Peach Sunrise 3.00

Peach Sunrise is the first custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Exhibit. Based on stock UVLG3, it's deodexed, zipaligned, rooted, very lightly themed and uses a custom kernel. This release is not vulnerable to the tel:ussd dialer exploit. A CWM-based Recovery is required for installation.

Download Peach Sunrise 3.00 Android 2.3.6 HERE
    Download Mirror 1
    Download Mirror 2

Big Thanks to Camcoryhttp://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=4450173 for his assistance with the extended menu for this release!