[ROM][4.0.4][GT-S7562] KyleOPEN ROM v3.4.0 FIXED (for Galaxy S Duos) 26 July Update

Search This thread

cheatman

May 21, 2007
Migration Institute
Welcome to the KyleOPEN ROM for Galaxy S Duos
(Dual-Sim Phone / GT-S7562 device model)

attachment.php

KyleOPEN ROM Features:

- Based on stock S7562XXBMD6 ROM
- Debloated (see list of removed bloat below)
- CM9 Imported (see list of CM9 packages below)
- Deodexed / zipalligned (can be themed!)
- Rooted (incl. insecure kernel using chainfire modded adbd method)
- Custom boot image enabled
- Custom boot sounds enabled (wav only!)
- Busybox support
- Overclock / Governor Kernel
- init.d script support
- Add-on support
- OTA Update engine
- Google Now included
- Flashplayer support (download flash APK from here)
- Samsung S Voice support through add-on (see post #3)
- QtADB Support (get it here)

List of removed packages:

Code:
AccuweatherDaemon.apk
AccuweatherWidget_Remote.apk
AllshareService.apk
AnalogClockSimple.apk
AnalogClockUnique.apk
ChatON_MARKET.apk
ChocoEUKor.apk
ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk
DeepSea.apk
DigitalClock.apk
Divx.apk
DualClockAnalog.apk
DualClockDigital.apk
FotaClient.apk
GameHub_2.0_ICS_WVGA.apk
Gmail.apk
HelvNeueLT.apk
Kies.apk
kieswifi.apk
MobilePrint.apk
MusicFX.apk
MusicPlayer.apk
MyFiles.apk
PlusOne.apk
PolarisViewer.apk
RoseEUKor.apk
SamsungApps.apk
SamsungAppsUNA3.apk
SamsungIME.apk
Samsungservice.apk
SamsungTTS.apk
sCloudBackupApp.apk
sCloudBackupProvider.apk
sCloudDataRelay.apk
sCloudDataSync.apk
sCloudSyncBrowser.apk
sCloudSyncCalendar.apk
sCloudSyncContacts.apk
SecCalculator2.apk
SecMemo.apk
SecMemoWidget.apk
SlideShow.apk
SNS.apk
Talk.apk
talkback.apk
VideoPlayer.apk
VoiceRecorder.apk
WeatherWall.apk
YahoonewsWidget.apk
YahoostockWidget.apk

List of imported CM9 packages:

Code:
- CM9 Apollo Player (add-on)
- CM9 Keyboard
- CM9 Launcher (Hello Trebuchet!)
- CM9 EMail & Exchange
- CM9 Browser
- CM9 Gallery (add-on)
- CM9 File Manager
- Magic smoke live wallpapers

Installation instructions:

WARNING: Flashing this ROM will make the orange triangle appear and increase the flash counter. Flash at your own risk, I am not responsible for your actions. Follow the instructions below ONLY if YOU are sure of what you are doing. Otherwise stop here. You can reset the counter and remove the triangle using the app developed by chainfire (triangle remover).

Installation Details & HowTo:

- The GT-S7562 has a download mode and a recovery mode. Both are boot modes that allow the device to start but enter a different configuration mode than regular Android start mode. Think of them like starting your PC and entering the BIOS instead of loading Windows as usual.
- The "download mode" is a boot mode that allows flashing bit-by-bit (very low level) data to partitions on your device. To enter download mode on the S7562 do the following: make sure the device is well charged (over 50%); remove all cables (this is important); power it off (don't reboot); hold volume down + home and power on the device (volume down+home+power). Then a warning will be displayed on screen. You must press Volume Up to enter download mode.
- As long as you can enter "download mode" you can recover your device. While in download mode, you can use the ODIN tool to flash recovery, boot and ROM images.
- The "recovery mode" is a boot mode that allows "safe mode" changes to be performed on the device. This is done using CWM, a tool that can be used to automate Android system changes to system files, partitions etc. To enter recovery mode on the S7562 do the following: make sure the device is well charged (over 50%); remove all USB cables (this is important); power it off (don't reboot); keep volume up + volume down + home and power on your device.
- To navigate in recovery mode, use the volume buttons to change active selection and the home button to make selections. The back button works as back button. When done working with recovery, go back all the way and select option to reboot system to boot your device normally.
- Before installing KyleOpen ROM, make sure you are running XXBMD6 as base ROM. If you skip this step, you may have network and signal problems after installing KyleOpen ROM. So, download the ROM image here and flash it from download mode using ODIN and PDA button BEFORE you continue!!!

1. Download to your PC the custom recovery image that enables CWM, if you don't have it already, from here
  2. Reboot in download mode to flash CWM
  3. Unzip the file in your computer and start ODIN.
  4. Click the PDA button and select the "kyleopen-cwm5-v3.tar.md5" file.
  5. Connect your phone that is already in download mode. ODIN will display it as being connected on a COM port.
  6. Do not change any other options. Just click the "Start" button and wait. In about 1 minute, on your device there will be a loading bar displayed. Once done the phone will reboot itself normally. ODIN will tell you the flash was OK and restart your device. This operation will increase the flash counter and make the orange warning triangle appear. This is normal and is not a problem. From this point on, you can boot in recovery mode and flash CWM zips.
  7. Let the phone restart normally and boot up completely. Now you are ready to upgrade your stock ROM to KyleOPEN ROM.

Update Instructions:
  • Make sure you are running a proper stock ROM (like XXBMD6 or any version of KyleOPEN ROM)
  • Download the OTA update utility app attached to this post and install it if you didn't already.
  • Run the KyleOpen Tools and check for updates. If your ROM does not have root access it's gonna be slow to start and may not show the proper information, but the update check and download will work just fine.
  • Download the update and save it.
  • Press reboot in recovery mode.
  • Install the downloaded zip.
  • Clear cache and davlik cache.
  • Reboot system.
  • Hit the thanks button or you will be ignored in the thread!

Note: The recovery ZIP also contains the stock recovery image. The stock ROM can also be found on http://www.sammobile.com

Mirrors for use without OTA updater:

Alternate download methods in case you don't want or can't use the OTA update utility can be found below. Download the ZIP files, copy them to your device and reboot in CWM to flash them.

Credits:

Code:
- Project Flulid team, for build.prop tweaks
- leolawliet for disabling of CPU rendering
- Mirko ddd for back button to kill app mod
- einst31n for the facelift of the ROM logo and the default theme
- VamshiStunner for his awesome work on the kernel, especially OC!
- hybridmd, for the init.s script add-on to swap SD memory cards
- P.thina for finding the fix for no network that some users had!!!!
- nakedninja42 for face unlock tips
- Samsung for the device and software development
- Google and the Android community for an awesome OS
- The CM9 team for their work on ICS
- XDA Developers for letting us post our work, help others and unleash our devices
- dsixda & chainfire for their previous work on Samsung devices
- Everyone else out there that makes this worth the effort...

Cheers,
C.

Attachments

• keyboard.jpg
    keyboard.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 71,896
  • kyle02_logo.jpg
    kyle02_logo.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 719,193
  • KyleOpenTools.v2.0.apk
    1 MB · Views: 81,063
  • SystemUI.jpg
    SystemUI.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 69,784
  • SIM-Settings.jpg
    SIM-Settings.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 56,703
  • Lockscreen.jpg
    Lockscreen.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 74,531
  • Settings.jpg
    Settings.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 50,154
  • Benchmark.jpg
    Benchmark.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 49,717
Last edited:

cheatman

May 21, 2007
Migration Institute
Next Version Changelog:

• Next version - Nothing yet... only bug fixes are planned from now on.

Older Changelog:

• v3.4.0 - Fixed the volume increments issues
  • v3.4.0 - Fixed the flickering EGL configuration problem (thanks chinna_rao!)
  • v3.4.0 - Small changes to the framework.jar (performance tweaks)
  • v3.4.0 - Disabled CPU rendering (better battery life, smoother graphics)
  • v3.4.0 - Added 54 build.prop tweaks (battery, GPU, download speed etc.)
  • v3.3.0 - Switched to new base S7562XXBMD6
  • v3.3.0 - Added a new theme based on einst31n's work
  • v3.3.0 - CSC Tweaks (number of contacts, camera sound, other settings)
  • v3.3.0 - Updated Google Now port for new base
  • v3.2.0 - Memory tweaks (minfree, swappiness, cache, dirty)
  • v3.2.0 - Menu button hold to kill app
  • v3.2.0 - New system theme by einst31n
  • v3.2.0 - New update push notification support
  • v3.2.0 - Automatic / manual update checks
  • v3.2.0 - Re-design of the OTA update utility interface
  • v3.2.0 - Enable/disable custom boot sounds (KOR v3.1.0 and later)
  • v3.1.0 - OTA Update engine (finally!!!)
  • v3.1.0 - Default kernel with no OC (safer!)
  • v3.1.0 - Added reboot recovery application
  • v3.1.0 - Redone SystemUI quickbuttons
  • v3.1.0 - Custom bootsounds support
  • v3.0.0 - Added back OC to KOR kernel, based on initial work by VamshiStunner
  • v3.0.0 - Added interactiveX and savagedzen governors
  • v3.0.0 - Added vr & sio scheduler
  • v3.0.0 - Added support for more than 5 joined contacts (thanks thunder72)
  • v3.0.0 - Modified initlogo.rle boot image
  • v3.0.0 - Included Kernel in ROM package
  • v3.0.0 - Updated Google Now to a more stable version
  • v3.0.0 - Added CM9 File Manager
  • v3.0.0 - Tweaked memory control (should be even smoother now)
  • v3.0.0 - Added face unlock add-on (see post #3)
  • v2.1.2 - Added removed APKs add-on
  • v2.1.2 - Added CM9 Gallery add-on
  • v2.1.2 - Added CM9 Apollo add-on
  • v2.1.2 - Added stock gallery add-on
  • v2.1.2 - Added stock launcher add-on
  • v2.1.2 - Added stock keyboard add-on
  • v2.1.2 - Fixed a HUGE bug with email draining battery
  • v2.1.2 - Released recovery image v3 with support for internal and external SD
  • v2.1.1 - Re-added some bloat to allow welcome wizard to function
  • v2.1.1 - Fixed black screen of death bug introduced in v2.1
  • v2.1.1 - Overclocking support by VamshiStunner in kernel (v5)
  • v2.1.1 - Changed camera back to stock Samsung
  • v2.1.1 - Added stock theme add-on (see post #3)
  • v2.1.1 - Added MIUI camera as add-on (see post #3)
  • v2.1.1 - Added swap SD add-on (see post #3)
  • v2.1.0 - Removed all of the possible bloatware
  • v2.1.0 - Fixed gallery recent photo glitch
  • v2.1.0 - Added CM9 browser
  • v2.1.0 - Added CM9 email client
  • v2.1.0 - Added MS Exchange support
  • v2.1.0 - Switched to MIUI camera app.
  • v2.1.0 - Added Google Now
  • v2.0.0 - Speed and stability increases (20% smoother on average)
  • v2.0.0 - Further removed useless packages from the stock ROM
  • v2.0.0 - Fixed the annoying bug that prevented the WebKit from working correctly
  • v2.0.0 - Media updates (CM9 Imported)
  • v1.0.3 - QtADB Support
  • v1.0.3 - New kernel release (v3) with added init.d support, additional governors (by VamshiStunner) and "adb root" support
  • v1.0.3 - First public release

FAQ & Known Issues:

• I am on stock version XXXXXX, will KyleOPEN ROM work? - I have no idea. Try it and report back. In case you get network problems try a different base. Use XXBMD6 as base whenever possible.
  • What baseband is supported - Baseband is not affected by this ROM, it does not change it and any baseband version is compatible.
  • My CSC is "unknown", why? - That is normal and the phone works correctly. It works in roaming and all providers.
  • My phone requests unlock code - You must unlock EFS to use it on other networks if you purchased it on a contract. This ROM does not unlock your network.
  • Notification quickbuttons missing - This is normal. If you want them back flash the "Stock Samsung Theme v1" add-on in post #3 below.
  • I want stock theme back! - If you want the stock icons and colors back, then flash the "Stock Samsung Theme v1" add-on in post #3 below.
  • Direct Call widgets don't work - These widgets are part of the Trebuchet launcher and only work on CM9. In KyleOPEN, they will not work, due to a couple of intent security limitations. There is no workaround for this problem. If this is bothering you, use another launcher or don't use these widgets.
  • Browser white address bar problem - I have no idea what causes this. It is only for some browsers. Use Google Chrome to avoid this problem.
  • Cannot change lock screen wallpaper - Go to settings->wallpaper and choose to change both wallpapers. Apply any live wallpaper. Then set a new wallpaper with your favorite app. Alternately, install stock gallery (see post #3 belov), change lock screen wallpaper and then remove or disable it.
  • Where is kernel OC??? - The default ROM package starting with version 3.1 does not come with OC as it's unstable and not all users need it. For OC support, install a compatible kernel with OC support from post #3 below.
  • How can I get back to stock? - You must download a compatible image from samfirmware.com and flash it using ODIN.
  • XXXX doesn't work correctly, what can I do? - Follow the installation steps in the first post. There are no known bugs (things that don't work) in the ROM.
  • Some applications force close after installing the ROM - This happens because you did not follow the installation steps provided. Reboot in recovery mode and clear cache and dalvik cache.

Resolved Issues:

• Front-facing camera photos - Camera app can't switch to front facing camera. This is because of the MIUI camera app and is intended. Front facing camera works in other apps such as Skype.
  • Camera recent photo - After taking a picture using the stock camera only the Samsung Gallery can be used to open the recent photo (bottom corner preview). Will be replaced by MIUI camera in the next update to allow camera integration with any gallery app.
  • Default browser and all apps that require WebKit - Netflix authentication, 9GAG Facebook login, default browser and any other app that relies on WebKit will crash. I have no clue what breaks this but I am looking into it.
  • Signal lost and call problems on *some* devices - Reported by multiple ROM users. Seems to happen only in some areas and might be related to CSC or the modem version being used. I have no way of testing this and might take some time to find a fix because of this. I am considering moving to a new base and see if this fixes the problem. Might also be kernel-related...

Last edited:

cheatman

May 21, 2007
Migration Institute
List of compatible Themes:

Flash the themes by rebooting in recovery mode and using CWM to install ZIP. It's a good idea to clear caches and dalvik before testing them out:

List of compatible Add-Ons:

These add-ons provide additional functionality to the ROM and do not bork already existing features. None of them are mandatory and you can install only the ones you want. To remove an add-on that was flashed using CWM, simply reinstall the KyleOPEN ROM again and the add-ons you want to keep. There is no other way to uninstall a CWM package with ease.

• Remove menu-to-kill feature - Flash using CWM. This will disable the feature to kill running apps by holding the menu button.
  • FaceUnlock - Flash with CWM. Will enable face unlock in security settings after boot.
  • CM9 Gallery - Flash with CWM. Installs the CM9 gallery and video player.
  • CM9 Apollo Media Player - Flash with CWM. Installs the CM9 media player Apollo.
  • Stock Gallery - Flash with CWM. Installs the stock Samsung Gallery (allows you to change wallpapers and everything)
  • Stock Keyboard - Flash with CWM. For those of you that miss the stock Samsung keyboard.
  • Stock Launcher (TW) - Flash with CWM. Installs the stock launcher and hogs the phone again. Also for the nostalgic types.
  • MIUI Camera - Flash with CWM. Replaces stock Samsung camera to fix recent photo bug. Does not support 5MP mode and cannot be configured to save photos to SD.
  • Swap SD cards - Flash with CWM. Switches the internal memory and external microSD cards between them to allow downloading of HD games and apps that need lots of space on the internal SD. BEWARE: Doing this will automatically make the kernel go haywire and battery impact is considerable. You will not see the errors (apps run fine), but the phone will enter sleep mode very rarely due to the checks it does constantly. However, it is completely safe and no functionality is lost (thanks to hybridmd for the init.d script!)
  • Samsung S Voice - Copy to device and flash using CWM zip installation. Original work and hacks by Wanam for SGS2.
  • Stock Samsung Theme v1 - Flash using CWM to revert to how the phone UI looks while stock.
  • Blue ICS Theme v1 - Flash using CWM. Changes the touch sounds from the annoying bubbles to CM9 sounds, changes boot animation to Nexus 7 one, changes UI to blue theme and remake of SIM icons (not in settings yet). Screens attached. This is the default since v2.x of the ROM so there will be no change if you flash it.
  • All removed APKs - Flash with CWM. This 120MB package includes all removed APKs from the stock ROM. Flashing this will undo my work in 30 seconds, making your phone near stock, but deodexed.

List of other compatible packages (not mine, not tested, don't ask about them):

List of compatible kernels:

Please note: Regular users should stick with the kernel version included in the ROM by default. If you encounter issues with any of these other kernels, flash the ROM again using CWM to restore the default kernel.

• GitHub link to the KyleOpen 4.0.4 Kernel: https://github.com/cheatman-xda/kyleopen-kernel
  • KyleOPEN Kernel v5 - Stock kernel with additional CPU governors, overclocking support, init.d script support, root enabled. Flash directly with ODIN. Credits go to VamshiStunner for his work on governors in this kernel version. NOTE: Although it seems to have OC, it is not working. Setting OC values will not boost the phone's performance as it will run at 1GHz no matter how you configure it.
  • KyleOpen ROM Kernel OC1 - Bleeding edge kernel with increased sensitivity, all features activated and custom boot logo image. Only for the hardcore fans and power-users of KOR that know what they're doing.
  • xvasek2 - Breakfast Kernels - OC Kernels for everyone, plenty of speeds to choose from. If you really want OC and can't get around with any setup, use these kernels confidently. Don't forget to follow the instructions and check your balls (or instincts for the ladies!) before you proceed. All kernels should be flashed using ODIN.

Last edited:

cheatman

May 21, 2007
Migration Institute
Ok, I added VERY detailed instructions, even for first time flashers. If you got any additional questions, ask here. I am porting SVoice right now, which will work as an add-on to the ROM for anyone who wants to install it.

PS: I will maintain this ROM until CM9 or CM10 is available for our device (probably never, unfortunately). Due to the dual-sim support of this phone, it will be close to impossible to port CM9/CM10 because CM does not have dual sim support at all.

allspark2020

Apr 7, 2012
BITS-Pilani,Hyderabad
Good to see a ROM for this device and thanks for that.
I had been waiting for this for a very long time and as I could not see any development thought I do some modding myself. I can't do anything to extract my ROM so just had some suggestions for your ROM:
->add init.d support
->add init.d scripts
->build.prop tweaks

P.S- I could do these tweaks using:
Pimp my rom for init.d and universal scripts for tweaks
Regards,
allspark2020

Last edited:

Alexannino

Sep 13, 2012
Vilnius
Kernel

@Alexannino: Try disabling assertion scripts in CWM.

In other news:
Also, a new kernel version is ready. Insecure, init.d script support and the additional governors by VamshiStunner included in this release. The best one yet....

Maybe it's possilbe to compile kernel with two way recording? For call recording.

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

Originally Posted by cheatman
How to do this?

Reactions: ThunderStormer

iamsamratM

Dec 9, 2012
delhi
Download Link for ROM not working

Dude the download link for this ROM is not working.
Please share a working link also if possible could you please make a torrent file.

Thanks a Ton!!:highfive:

Reactions: cheatman

cheatman

May 21, 2007
Migration Institute
Maybe it's possilbe to compile kernel with two way recording? For call recording.

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

Originally Posted by cheatman
How to do this?

Look at this howto for CWM: http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile...-and-how-to-use-it-on-android-complete-guide/
You can find there all the info you need about signature checks and script assert checks (and what they do)

Dude the download link for this ROM is not working.
Please share a working link also if possible could you please make a torrent file.

Thanks a Ton!!:highfive:

Thanks for letting me know about the download links. They're back up. I'm also mirroring them on Dropbox but that will take another hour or so (dropbox servers are slow!!!).

Cheers,
C.

jimmykar

Sep 17, 2010
small bug

i install me too the custom rom
until now everything good
i found only a small bug
when i use the widget for "direct call" it tells me "app not installed"
can we do something about this?

thank you very much!!!

Reactions: cheatman

iamsamratM

Dec 9, 2012
delhi
Stuck at the Android boot animation screen

Somebody please advise what to do..:crying:my fone is stuck at the android boot animation screen it more than 15 minutes now..

removed the battery and tried it twice but no help..

Please advise what should I do..:crying:

man2droid

Jan 3, 2013
Vadodara
in

• Samsung S Voice - Copy to device and flash using CWM zip installation. Original work and hacks by Wanam for SGS2.
  • Seeder (entropy booster) - Improves the overall responsiveness of the phone. Download from original thread and install as APK. Credits go to lambgx02 for this add-on.

• Stock insecure kernel - stock XXALJ4 kernel with "adb root" access. Unzip and flash with ODIN.
  • VamshiStunner Kernel - Stock kernel with additional CPU governors. Flash directly with ODIN. Credits go to VamshiStunner for his work on this kernel.
  • KyleOPEN Kernel v3 - Stock kernel with additional CPU governors, init.d script support, root enabled. Flash directly with ODIN. Credits go to VamshiStunner for his work on governors. You can use QtADB with this kernel (full support).

hello dear,

i want to know that which kernal is best because my s7562 on stock rom stock kernal was tooooo laggyyyy.

also i am not able to play SUBWAY SURF (laggy during playing)

and finally can i use custom kernal on stock ROM

cheatman

May 21, 2007
Migration Institute
@iamsamratM: 15 minutes is too much. I assume you have a galaxy duos phone. Please look at the first post and tell me if you can get in download mode and recovery mode. If you can, please relax, you can restore your phone. Enter download mode, download v3 kernel, flash it using ODIN, boot in recovery mode, flash the ROM zip again. Also, clear your davlik cache and all other caches. Also do a full wipe after you install the ROM. This should fix all problems.

@jimmykar: I was able to reproduce the bug. Thank you for reporting it. However, this is a problem with the Trebuchet launcher package version I have put in the ROM, not a problem with the ROM. Essentially, the manifest XML of the Trebuchet launcher has a few permissions it shouldn't have. To test this, install a different launcher from the market and test the widget. It should work fine. I am having trouble finding standalone versions of trebuchet at this time, so solving this might take a while.

@man2droid: The latest and best kernel is the v3 (last one in the list). But please bear in mind that it's not the kernel being slow, it's the phone. Try installing Seeder and setting the CPU to use "ondemand" governor and "sio" schduler. This helps with performance.

PS: I added mirror link to dropbox for the ROM as well.

Last edited:

iamsamratM

Dec 9, 2012
delhi
Thanks for the assistance..I'm now able to install kyle open ROM on s duos..but I would like to know that how to over clock the CPU..currently it doesn't allow me to over clock its on 1ghz..want it to over clock to 1.2ghz..please advice..thanks:)

Sent from my GT-S7562 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to the KyleOPEN ROM for Galaxy S Duos
    (Dual-Sim Phone / GT-S7562 device model)

attachment.php

KyleOPEN ROM Features:

- Based on stock S7562XXBMD6 ROM
    - Debloated (see list of removed bloat below)
    - CM9 Imported (see list of CM9 packages below)
    - Deodexed / zipalligned (can be themed!)
    - Rooted (incl. insecure kernel using chainfire modded adbd method)
    - Custom boot image enabled
    - Custom boot sounds enabled (wav only!)
    - Busybox support
    - Overclock / Governor Kernel
    - init.d script support
    - Add-on support
    - OTA Update engine
    - Google Now included
    - Flashplayer support (download flash APK from here)
    - Samsung S Voice support through add-on (see post #3)
    - QtADB Support (get it here)

List of removed packages:

Code:
    AccuweatherDaemon.apk
    AccuweatherWidget_Remote.apk
    AllshareService.apk
    AnalogClockSimple.apk
    AnalogClockUnique.apk
    ChatON_MARKET.apk
    ChocoEUKor.apk
    ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk
    DeepSea.apk
    DigitalClock.apk
    Divx.apk
    DualClockAnalog.apk
    DualClockDigital.apk
    FotaClient.apk
    GameHub_2.0_ICS_WVGA.apk
    Gmail.apk
    HelvNeueLT.apk
    Kies.apk
    kieswifi.apk
    MobilePrint.apk
    MusicFX.apk
    MusicPlayer.apk
    MyFiles.apk
    PlusOne.apk
    PolarisViewer.apk
    RoseEUKor.apk
    SamsungApps.apk
    SamsungAppsUNA3.apk
    SamsungIME.apk
    Samsungservice.apk
    SamsungTTS.apk
    sCloudBackupApp.apk
    sCloudBackupProvider.apk
    sCloudDataRelay.apk
    sCloudDataSync.apk
    sCloudSyncBrowser.apk
    sCloudSyncCalendar.apk
    sCloudSyncContacts.apk
    SecCalculator2.apk
    SecMemo.apk
    SecMemoWidget.apk
    SlideShow.apk
    SNS.apk
    Talk.apk
    talkback.apk
    VideoPlayer.apk
    VoiceRecorder.apk
    WeatherWall.apk
    YahoonewsWidget.apk
    YahoostockWidget.apk

List of imported CM9 packages:

Code:
    - CM9 Apollo Player (add-on)
    - CM9 Keyboard
    - CM9 Launcher (Hello Trebuchet!)
    - CM9 EMail & Exchange
    - CM9 Browser
    - CM9 Gallery (add-on)
    - CM9 File Manager
    - Magic smoke live wallpapers

Installation instructions:

WARNING: Flashing this ROM will make the orange triangle appear and increase the flash counter. Flash at your own risk, I am not responsible for your actions. Follow the instructions below ONLY if YOU are sure of what you are doing. Otherwise stop here. You can reset the counter and remove the triangle using the app developed by chainfire (triangle remover).

Installation Details & HowTo:

- The GT-S7562 has a download mode and a recovery mode. Both are boot modes that allow the device to start but enter a different configuration mode than regular Android start mode. Think of them like starting your PC and entering the BIOS instead of loading Windows as usual.
    - The "download mode" is a boot mode that allows flashing bit-by-bit (very low level) data to partitions on your device. To enter download mode on the S7562 do the following: make sure the device is well charged (over 50%); remove all cables (this is important); power it off (don't reboot); hold volume down + home and power on the device (volume down+home+power). Then a warning will be displayed on screen. You must press Volume Up to enter download mode.
    - As long as you can enter "download mode" you can recover your device. While in download mode, you can use the ODIN tool to flash recovery, boot and ROM images.
    - The "recovery mode" is a boot mode that allows "safe mode" changes to be performed on the device. This is done using CWM, a tool that can be used to automate Android system changes to system files, partitions etc. To enter recovery mode on the S7562 do the following: make sure the device is well charged (over 50%); remove all USB cables (this is important); power it off (don't reboot); keep volume up + volume down + home and power on your device.
    - To navigate in recovery mode, use the volume buttons to change active selection and the home button to make selections. The back button works as back button. When done working with recovery, go back all the way and select option to reboot system to boot your device normally.
    - Before installing KyleOpen ROM, make sure you are running XXBMD6 as base ROM. If you skip this step, you may have network and signal problems after installing KyleOpen ROM. So, download the ROM image here and flash it from download mode using ODIN and PDA button BEFORE you continue!!!

1. Download to your PC the custom recovery image that enables CWM, if you don't have it already, from here
    2. Reboot in download mode to flash CWM
    3. Unzip the file in your computer and start ODIN.
    4. Click the PDA button and select the "kyleopen-cwm5-v3.tar.md5" file.
    5. Connect your phone that is already in download mode. ODIN will display it as being connected on a COM port.
    6. Do not change any other options. Just click the "Start" button and wait. In about 1 minute, on your device there will be a loading bar displayed. Once done the phone will reboot itself normally. ODIN will tell you the flash was OK and restart your device. This operation will increase the flash counter and make the orange warning triangle appear. This is normal and is not a problem. From this point on, you can boot in recovery mode and flash CWM zips.
    7. Let the phone restart normally and boot up completely. Now you are ready to upgrade your stock ROM to KyleOPEN ROM.

Update Instructions:
    • Make sure you are running a proper stock ROM (like XXBMD6 or any version of KyleOPEN ROM)
    • Download the OTA update utility app attached to this post and install it if you didn't already.
    • Run the KyleOpen Tools and check for updates. If your ROM does not have root access it's gonna be slow to start and may not show the proper information, but the update check and download will work just fine.
    • Download the update and save it.
    • Press reboot in recovery mode.
    • Install the downloaded zip.
    • Clear cache and davlik cache.
    • Reboot system.
    • Hit the thanks button or you will be ignored in the thread!

Note: The recovery ZIP also contains the stock recovery image. The stock ROM can also be found on http://www.sammobile.com

Mirrors for use without OTA updater:

Alternate download methods in case you don't want or can't use the OTA update utility can be found below. Download the ZIP files, copy them to your device and reboot in CWM to flash them.

Credits:

Code:
    - Project Flulid team, for build.prop tweaks
    - leolawliet for disabling of CPU rendering
    - Mirko ddd for back button to kill app mod
    - einst31n for the facelift of the ROM logo and the default theme
    - VamshiStunner for his awesome work on the kernel, especially OC!
    - hybridmd, for the init.s script add-on to swap SD memory cards
    - P.thina for finding the fix for no network that some users had!!!!
    - nakedninja42 for face unlock tips
    - Samsung for the device and software development
    - Google and the Android community for an awesome OS
    - The CM9 team for their work on ICS
    - XDA Developers for letting us post our work, help others and unleash our devices
    - dsixda & chainfire for their previous work on Samsung devices
    - Everyone else out there that makes this worth the effort...

Cheers,
    C.
    Next Version Changelog:

• Next version - Nothing yet... only bug fixes are planned from now on.

Older Changelog:

• v3.4.0 - Fixed the volume increments issues
    • v3.4.0 - Fixed the flickering EGL configuration problem (thanks chinna_rao!)
    • v3.4.0 - Small changes to the framework.jar (performance tweaks)
    • v3.4.0 - Disabled CPU rendering (better battery life, smoother graphics)
    • v3.4.0 - Added 54 build.prop tweaks (battery, GPU, download speed etc.)
    • v3.3.0 - Switched to new base S7562XXBMD6
    • v3.3.0 - Added a new theme based on einst31n's work
    • v3.3.0 - CSC Tweaks (number of contacts, camera sound, other settings)
    • v3.3.0 - Updated Google Now port for new base
    • v3.1.0 - OTA Update engine (finally!!!)
    • v3.1.0 - Default kernel with no OC (safer!)
    • v3.1.0 - Added reboot recovery application
    • v3.1.0 - Redone SystemUI quickbuttons
    • v3.1.0 - Custom bootsounds support
    • v3.0.0 - Added back OC to KOR kernel, based on initial work by VamshiStunner
    • v3.0.0 - Added interactiveX and savagedzen governors
    • v3.0.0 - Added vr & sio scheduler
    • v3.0.0 - Added support for more than 5 joined contacts (thanks thunder72)
    • v3.0.0 - Modified initlogo.rle boot image
    • v3.0.0 - Included Kernel in ROM package
    • v3.0.0 - Updated Google Now to a more stable version
    • v3.0.0 - Added CM9 File Manager
    • v3.0.0 - Tweaked memory control (should be even smoother now)
    • v3.0.0 - Added face unlock add-on (see post #3)
    • v2.1.2 - Added removed APKs add-on
    • v2.1.2 - Added CM9 Gallery add-on
    • v2.1.2 - Added CM9 Apollo add-on
    • v2.1.2 - Added stock gallery add-on
    • v2.1.2 - Added stock launcher add-on
    • v2.1.2 - Added stock keyboard add-on
    • v2.1.2 - Fixed a HUGE bug with email draining battery
    • v2.1.2 - Released recovery image v3 with support for internal and external SD
    • v2.1.1 - Re-added some bloat to allow welcome wizard to function
    • v2.1.1 - Fixed black screen of death bug introduced in v2.1
    • v2.1.1 - Overclocking support by VamshiStunner in kernel (v5)
    • v2.1.1 - Changed camera back to stock Samsung
    • v2.1.1 - Added stock theme add-on (see post #3)
    • v2.1.1 - Added MIUI camera as add-on (see post #3)
    • v2.1.1 - Added swap SD add-on (see post #3)
    • v2.1.0 - Removed all of the possible bloatware
    • v2.1.0 - Fixed gallery recent photo glitch
    • v2.1.0 - Added CM9 browser
    • v2.1.0 - Added CM9 email client
    • v2.1.0 - Added MS Exchange support
    • v2.1.0 - Switched to MIUI camera app.
    • v2.1.0 - Added Google Now
    • v2.0.0 - Speed and stability increases (20% smoother on average)
    • v2.0.0 - Further removed useless packages from the stock ROM
    • v2.0.0 - Fixed the annoying bug that prevented the WebKit from working correctly
    • v2.0.0 - Media updates (CM9 Imported)
    • v1.0.3 - QtADB Support
    • v1.0.3 - New kernel release (v3) with added init.d support, additional governors (by VamshiStunner) and "adb root" support
    • v1.0.3 - First public release

FAQ & Known Issues:

• I am on stock version XXXXXX, will KyleOPEN ROM work? - I have no idea. Try it and report back. In case you get network problems try a different base. Use XXBMD6 as base whenever possible.
    • What baseband is supported - Baseband is not affected by this ROM, it does not change it and any baseband version is compatible.
    • My CSC is "unknown", why? - That is normal and the phone works correctly. It works in roaming and all providers.
    • My phone requests unlock code - You must unlock EFS to use it on other networks if you purchased it on a contract. This ROM does not unlock your network.
    • Notification quickbuttons missing - This is normal. If you want them back flash the "Stock Samsung Theme v1" add-on in post #3 below.
    • I want stock theme back! - If you want the stock icons and colors back, then flash the "Stock Samsung Theme v1" add-on in post #3 below.
    • Direct Call widgets don't work - These widgets are part of the Trebuchet launcher and only work on CM9. In KyleOPEN, they will not work, due to a couple of intent security limitations. There is no workaround for this problem. If this is bothering you, use another launcher or don't use these widgets.
    • Browser white address bar problem - I have no idea what causes this. It is only for some browsers. Use Google Chrome to avoid this problem.
    • Cannot change lock screen wallpaper - Go to settings->wallpaper and choose to change both wallpapers. Apply any live wallpaper. Then set a new wallpaper with your favorite app. Alternately, install stock gallery (see post #3 belov), change lock screen wallpaper and then remove or disable it.
    • Where is kernel OC??? - The default ROM package starting with version 3.1 does not come with OC as it's unstable and not all users need it. For OC support, install a compatible kernel with OC support from post #3 below.
    • How can I get back to stock? - You must download a compatible image from samfirmware.com and flash it using ODIN.
    • XXXX doesn't work correctly, what can I do? - Follow the installation steps in the first post. There are no known bugs (things that don't work) in the ROM.
    • Some applications force close after installing the ROM - This happens because you did not follow the installation steps provided. Reboot in recovery mode and clear cache and dalvik cache.

Resolved Issues:

• Front-facing camera photos - Camera app can't switch to front facing camera. This is because of the MIUI camera app and is intended. Front facing camera works in other apps such as Skype.
    • Camera recent photo - After taking a picture using the stock camera only the Samsung Gallery can be used to open the recent photo (bottom corner preview). Will be replaced by MIUI camera in the next update to allow camera integration with any gallery app.
    • Default browser and all apps that require WebKit - Netflix authentication, 9GAG Facebook login, default browser and any other app that relies on WebKit will crash. I have no clue what breaks this but I am looking into it.
    • Signal lost and call problems on *some* devices - Reported by multiple ROM users. Seems to happen only in some areas and might be related to CSC or the modem version being used. I have no way of testing this and might take some time to find a fix because of this. I am considering moving to a new base and see if this fixes the problem. Might also be kernel-related...
    List of compatible Themes:

Flash the themes by rebooting in recovery mode and using CWM to install ZIP. It's a good idea to clear caches and dalvik before testing them out:

These add-ons provide additional functionality to the ROM and do not bork already existing features. None of them are mandatory and you can install only the ones you want. To remove an add-on that was flashed using CWM, simply reinstall the KyleOPEN ROM again and the add-ons you want to keep. There is no other way to uninstall a CWM package with ease.

• Remove menu-to-kill feature - Flash using CWM. This will disable the feature to kill running apps by holding the menu button.
    • FaceUnlock - Flash with CWM. Will enable face unlock in security settings after boot.
    • CM9 Gallery - Flash with CWM. Installs the CM9 gallery and video player.
    • CM9 Apollo Media Player - Flash with CWM. Installs the CM9 media player Apollo.
    • Stock Gallery - Flash with CWM. Installs the stock Samsung Gallery (allows you to change wallpapers and everything)
    • Stock Keyboard - Flash with CWM. For those of you that miss the stock Samsung keyboard.
    • Stock Launcher (TW) - Flash with CWM. Installs the stock launcher and hogs the phone again. Also for the nostalgic types.
    • MIUI Camera - Flash with CWM. Replaces stock Samsung camera to fix recent photo bug. Does not support 5MP mode and cannot be configured to save photos to SD.
    • Swap SD cards - Flash with CWM. Switches the internal memory and external microSD cards between them to allow downloading of HD games and apps that need lots of space on the internal SD. BEWARE: Doing this will automatically make the kernel go haywire and battery impact is considerable. You will not see the errors (apps run fine), but the phone will enter sleep mode very rarely due to the checks it does constantly. However, it is completely safe and no functionality is lost (thanks to hybridmd for the init.d script!)
    • Stock Samsung Theme v1 - Flash using CWM to revert to how the phone UI looks while stock.
    • Blue ICS Theme v1 - Flash using CWM. Changes the touch sounds from the annoying bubbles to CM9 sounds, changes boot animation to Nexus 7 one, changes UI to blue theme and remake of SIM icons (not in settings yet). Screens attached. This is the default since v2.x of the ROM so there will be no change if you flash it.
    • All removed APKs - Flash with CWM. This 120MB package includes all removed APKs from the stock ROM. Flashing this will undo my work in 30 seconds, making your phone near stock, but deodexed.

List of other compatible packages (not mine, not tested, don't ask about them):

Please note: Regular users should stick with the kernel version included in the ROM by default. If you encounter issues with any of these other kernels, flash the ROM again using CWM to restore the default kernel.

• GitHub link to the KyleOpen 4.0.4 Kernel: https://github.com/cheatman-xda/kyleopen-kernel
    • KyleOPEN Kernel v5 - Stock kernel with additional CPU governors, overclocking support, init.d script support, root enabled. Flash directly with ODIN. Credits go to VamshiStunner for his work on governors in this kernel version. NOTE: Although it seems to have OC, it is not working. Setting OC values will not boost the phone's performance as it will run at 1GHz no matter how you configure it.
    • KyleOpen ROM Kernel OC1 - Bleeding edge kernel with increased sensitivity, all features activated and custom boot logo image. Only for the hardcore fans and power-users of KOR that know what they're doing.
    • xvasek2 - Breakfast Kernels - OC Kernels for everyone, plenty of speeds to choose from. If you really want OC and can't get around with any setup, use these kernels confidently. Don't forget to follow the instructions and check your balls (or instincts for the ladies!) before you proceed. All kernels should be flashed using ODIN.
    Breakfast kernels

Hi 7562 overclockers and tuners. :)

Considering all pros and cons, I have compiled 14 OC kernels during my today's breakfast. Each one of them has one specific frequency added above standard 1008MHz, beginning with 1.05 up to 1.3GHz. You can find them here:

http://stodulkovi.cz/kyle/breakfast-kernels/

Flash via Odin.

It may not be the smartest solution possible, but it brings overclocking to everyone and it has also some advantages. You don't need to have any OC app (OC is apllied automatically during boot), you don't need to have you phone rooted, you can allways go back simply via Odin.

Cons are, that overclocking process may take you some time and you will probably need to flash more times.

In future I may make universal kernel, which will boot at 1GHz and then user will overclock by app, but do not expect it in days, maybe weeks. It's because I'm happy now at 1,17GHz and "don't repair it, when it is not broken". :)

How to apply:

1. Guess, how fast your phone may be - it depends on size of your balls. (Girls have intuition, so they will allways success on first try! :))
    2. Download appropriate kernel
    3. Flash via Odin
    4. If it booloops, then you actually have smaller balls then you think and goto 1. :)
    5. If it does not bootloop, you may have bigger balls then you think, you can maybe download faster kernel and goto 3.

If your phone does not run even at 1.05GHz, make sure, that you are flashing 7562. If yes, then you have something between Samsung and death, or I have bug somewhere. Anyway, write me PM. If you want more then 1.3GHz, write me PM, I will make you special kernel. :)

When flashing, you will probably find a frequency, which does boot, but is unstable - for me it is 1.2, phone resets every few minutes. One frequency less you will be quite stable (for me 1.19GHz), but the phone may reboot once a day or so. Next frequency (for me 1.17GHz) will probably be rock stable.

And - as it is allways with overclocking - you can harm your device, I take no responsibility. But it should be quite safe, the worst I expect is bootloop repairable by safe kernel via Odin.
    Yet again, time to rejoice because the KOR version 3.2.0 is out now! Here is the list of goodies included in this latest version:

Don't forget to spam the thanks buttons of everyone who made this release possible!

Cheers,
    C.