I think I have found the Streak Unlock ...

Search This thread

shEEEsh

Jun 17, 2010
Orlando
www.schmebay.com
I am 99.9999% sure I found the person in the right department who will unlock our phones. She took all my info said she mails it to someone else who will mail her back with the unlock code.

Sound right doesn't it ? It's been 30 minutes. She said it could be an hour or so depending on the person who will provide the code, but she sounds like the real deal !! I will come back here about 6pm eastern time, I have an hour commute home, and if she could do what she says she can do I will give you her name and phone number ..

This is the first hope I have had. When I called her I said, before I return my Streak and maybe buy an unlocked one on eBay, is there anything you can do to solve my 'locked to AT&T problem? Before I could get the last words out of my mouth she jumped right in and said, "don't send it back .. I can get you an unlock code."

I said "Alright if I share you with the rest of the disappointed Dell Streak buyers" and she said 'YES .. this is no secret.'

If I get the unlock from her you can PM me and ask for her direct number .. Someone suggested I don't post a number here. They are right.

Diane

Last edited:

ztm.000

Dec 29, 2008
I am 99.9999% sure I found the person in the right department who will unlock our phones. She took all my info said she mails it to someone else who will mail her back with the unlock code.

Sound right doesn't it ? It's been 30 minutes. She said it could be an hour or so depending on the person who will provide the code, but she sounds like the real deal !! I will come back here about 6pm eastern time, I have an hour commute home, and if she could do what she says she can do I will give you her name and phone number ..

This is the first hope I have had. When I called her I said, before I return my Streak and maybe buy an unlocked one on eBay, is there anything you can do to solve my 'locked to AT&T problem? Before I could get the last words out of my mouth she jumped right in and said, "don't send it back .. I can get you an unlock code."

I said "Alright if I share you with the rest of the disappointed Dell Streak buyers" and she said 'YES .. this is no secret.' I would post the number right now but I want to make sure she can do what she says she can and I don't want her to get too busy to call me !!

Diane

you should pm her number in messages, not post here for everyone to see. just my $0.02

shEEEsh

Jun 17, 2010
Orlando
www.schmebay.com
It is 6pm eastern. They are in Texas. I called a few minutes ago and she still hasn't gotten the code. She will be there another 2.5 hours .. FINGERS STILL CROSSED !! I apologized for being such a pest, but said "I have been holding this brick for 4 days now. I want to do more than just look at it." Mean while I am thinking .. Wait till the other calls start rolling in. If they are going to start unlocking, it would be a good idea to create some sort of online form .. type in our IMEI numbers and they can just email them to us. I asked her does she need to know what service I will be using and she said 'doesn't matter, it will be unlocked for all.'

shEEEsh

Jun 17, 2010
Orlando
www.schmebay.com
Dell Rep didn't get back to me tonight. At first she said a few hours, then later she said it could be tomorrow .. In any case, I believe in her. When she said I will get you unlocked, it sounded as if I wasn't the first person she helped. I don't expect to hear from her tonight though... I am sure she is done for the day.

flumps

Jun 15, 2009
Of course it will happen... call centre reps ALWAYS call back when they say they are going to

(happy to be proved wrong !)

i cant tell if thats sarcastic or not...

lets look at it this way. the device is released locked on or off contract so do you really think some random person is going to be able to just get a unlock code for it

doubtful.

Chirurg

Aug 12, 2010
Do you think that she'll only be able to provide unlock codes for US Streaks (if she will at all...)? Or also for UK versions locked to O2?

shEEEsh

Jun 17, 2010
Orlando
www.schmebay.com
800 308-3355 Dell Mobility

They need this information from you ..
  • Service Tag #
  • Express #
  • IMEI #
  • Email address used to purchase

They will email you the unlock. I have NOT received mine yet. Promised I would have it yesterday. Now they are saying 24-48 hours.

Just want to add that if I called and got a Dell Mobility rep named Shaquallar [female] on the phone, I would hang up and call back. Take my word for it ..

Last edited:

TooMuchFace

Jul 21, 2010
So Dell is apparently unlocking?

I don't buy it. I don't doubt the intentions of the agent but I think they'll get to the point where somebody will tell them that AT&T wont allow it.

AT&T is the keeper of the keys.

azdude

Aug 18, 2010
I am happy to say that you are wrong,, they are for sure unlocking. Every agent is doing the unlocking ...

I thought they should unlock it because there is no mention of Streak being locked to AT&T when purchased unsubsidized anywhere on sale page or during check out process. They do say that it is subsidized to 299.99 with 2 year AT&T contract and it works only on AT&T but they never said it is locked when purchased for full price.