[miniCM|SE] Black HTC Theme for X8/X10mini/pro [CWM/xRecovery] [UPDATE:22.11.2011]

Do You want to add colorful HTC Desire icons to power and settings menus?

• Yes - change it

Votes: 15 75.0%
  • No - leave current black&white icons

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

draco_ag

Sep 20, 2010
Poland
This thread is a project continuation for Black HTC Theme from topic:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=759320

My theme modifications base on above project are continously evolved.

All theme updates will be posted in first post, and relevant information about theme update will be announced within this thread.

You need to have ROOTED phone to modify Your theme!

There are 4 major versions of theme (regardless to OS version):

1. Android 1.6 theme:

- theme for firmware version 1.2.A.1.174 (Manual installation steps - via ADB and CMD - attached as txt file in package).

2. Android 2.1 theme:

Xperia X10mini/mini pro:

- themes for following firmware versions: 2.0.A.0.504, 2.0.2.A.0.24, 2.1.1.A.0.6, 2.1.1.C.0.0
- Original X10mini/pro Sony Erricson theme (all firmware versions)

Xperia X8:

- themes for following firmware versions: 2.0.1.A.0.47, 2.1.1.A.0.6

3. Android 2.2 theme (miniCM 6 1.0.1 , 1.0.2)

4. Android 2.3 theme (miniCM 7 2.0.7, 2.1.1, 2.1.2, 2.1.3)

Support for CWMRecovery tool only.

Download links:

http://www.mediafire.com/?634gshh029fzq

Installation procedure (XRecovery/CWMRecovery):

1. Download appropriate package for Your phone model and firmware version
2. Extract package, choose desired theme version
3. Copy update.zip to Your SD Card (Do not extract!)
4. Reboot your device into Recovery Mode
5. Go to install custom zip option
6. Click, Yes - Install /sdcard/update.zip, wait a little
7. Reboot Your X10mini / X8

If you want to back to stock android theme use X10 mini Stock Theme version.
Unpack it, choose FW version and copy required update.zip to SDCard, and then install it via XRecovery.

THREAD UPDATES:

Changes history from ANDROiD 1.6 (FW 1.2.A.1.174) to ANDROiD 2.1 (2.1.1.A.0.6) moved to attachment.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

X10mini/ mini pro FW 2.1.1.0.A.6 INSTALLATION NOTES

1. Download package [2.1.1.A.0.6]X10mini_Xrecovery@draco_ag[XDA].7z, choose desired theme version and install it via Xrecovery.
After restart Your phone will have a long first boot, around 10-11 minutes (if You're updating from stock theme), but dont worry phone will boot successfully.

2. If Your phone will go to bootloop (continious restarts) after install above package, i also prepared 2 step installation process to apply framework modifications:

FIRST Use Xrecovery to install desired theme version from package: [2.1.1.A.0.6]BASIC_X10mini_Xrecovery@draco_ag[XDA].7z . Reboot phone and wait until it boot successfully.

SECOND Get and extract file: [2.1.1.A.0.6]UPDATE_X10mini_Xrecovery@draco_ag.7z. Copy update.zip for desired theme version to Your SDcard and reboot phone. Use Xrecovery to update framework.

ATTENTION: If You mess the step order Your phone will not boot.

If You have problem with SMS default app and not popup options use the attached version of SuquashiInputMethod.apk file.
Upload it to phone and use Root Explorer to copy and set the correct permissions to this file.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LAST CHANGES (22.11.2011):

- Added beta version of theme for ThemeChooser

This is for testing purpose ATM. Please install miniCM package again, because stock miniCM framework/apps files are needed for testing. There is no preview available in ThemeChooser, when appying theme ignore message about missing assets and choose "Apply anyway"

REMEMBER: Theme will work correcly ONLY when You choose System theme in ThemeChooser menu.

Read more about XRecovery: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=9913333&postcount=1

To unpack framework packages use FREE application: 7zip

Android 2.1 screenshots:

cap201103251619.jpg
cap2011032516211.jpg
cap2011030508121.jpg

miniCM 7 screenshots:

screenshot1317847058299.png
screenshot1316414910087.png
screenshot1317964708015.png
Untitled.gif

If You like my work, just push
f3tib.jpg
button :)

Attachments

• BlackHTC_RC1.apk
    5 MB · Views: 2,637
Last edited:

adamo86

Mar 5, 2009
Hi draco
I tried your update. Of the theme.
I installed the framework and phone apk i,the call slider is still blue.
And the index icon is still blue etc

Do I need to replace all the apk .
Thanks

Reactions: Sphering

draco_ag

Sep 20, 2010
Poland
Hi draco

Thanks

You need to replace following files from zip package:

- Camera.apk
- DownloadProvider.apk
- Phone.apk

For all guys which have problem with restarts and hang ups.

Please don't forget to apply attributes to Phone.apk file, because phone will not work!

chmod 755 /system/app/Phone.apk

Last edited:

adamo86

Mar 5, 2009

- Camera.apk
- DownloadProvider.apk
- Phone.apk

Please don't forget to apply attributes to Phone.apk file, because phone will not work!

Thannks a lot it works. Well.
I backed up all files except one file just incase.
Has anyone got the original phone apk for mini pro

Ravencz

Sep 22, 2010
Prague
So.. This works good on Mini Pro, too? With the apps?
Oh and attached my backup from X10 mini pro including original framework-res

Attachments

• X10_mini_pro_apps.zip
    6 MB · Views: 882
  • X10_mini_pro_framework.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 532
Last edited:

adamo86

Mar 5, 2009
So.. This works good on Mini Pro, too? With the apps?

Which apps are u refering too.the apps in the 1st post work however to make your call slider white instead of blue you will have to download the zip file from the old thread originaly posted by pulloff and the zip file is posted by draco thanks to both.

Does any have the original phone apk. For x10 mini pro can you upload it.
Thanks

Reactions: michelsampa

Ravencz

Sep 22, 2010
Prague
Which apps are u refering too.the apps in the 1st post work however to make your call slider white instead of blue you will have to download the zip file from the old thread originaly posted by pulloff and the zip file is posted by draco thanks to both.

Does any have the original phone apk. For x10 mini pro can you upload it.
Thanks

Right.. I'm refering to the apps with changed icons. I'm not sure if there's any difference between Mini and Mini Pro versions of this apk's and I don't wan't to "brick" and recover my phone for the 5th time :D

I've included the original files to my previous post.

adamo86

Mar 5, 2009
Right.. I'm refering to the apps with changed icons. I'm not sure if there's any difference between Mini and Mini Pro versions of this apk's and I don't wan't to "brick" and recover my phone for the 5th time :D

I've included the original files to my previous post.

Thanks for the back up are they the original files. For mini pro and are they from the latest firmware.

There is a discussion on pulloff thread about htc icons they work on mini with the latest firmware not sure if they work on pro.

hypersnap

Aug 30, 2010
Naestved
When i open CMD and write adb shell --> i get $
then i write su, but i get permission denied?

I need the # right?

And when i do have the #, will i just copy the 40 lines from here, and then its on the phone?

Ravencz

Sep 22, 2010
Prague
Thanks for the back up are they the original files. For mini pro and are they from the latest firmware.

There is a discussion on pulloff thread about htc icons they work on mini with the latest firmware not sure if they work on pro.

The files are straight from my X10 mini pro running 1.2.A.1.174 build
That's what I'm asking. I'd love to use the theme and have it fully black, but I don't want to mess with the funcionality of the apps, if they're different.
Oh well.. I guess I can always download the modified files, extract the assets and do the modification on my own.

Last edited:

adamo86

Mar 5, 2009
The files are straight from my X10 mini pro running 1.2.A.1.174 build
That's what I'm asking. I'd love to use the theme and have it fully black, but I don't want to mess with the funcionality of the apps, if they're different.

Thanks a lot for the files .
I used root explorer.
Easiest way.

Make sure u have rooted your device and have super user installed.
U need root explorer or any explorer which allows you to r/w files.

This is the istructions.
Do it one by one if your scared.
Make sure you mount to r/w and also keep an eye on 1ow icon since it changes back to r/o. When browsing certain folders.

Copy framwork to sytem and set the permission,then move to framworw folders .
Copy the other apk files to sytem and set permission,then move to apps folder.

How to set permission
Hold on to the file e.g framework a list of option will pop up scroll to permission and tick the 1st two boxes on the first line and the 2nd and 3rd line tick the 1st box only ,then un tick any other box which I havnt mentioned.
Then reboot your phone.
Good lick

draco_ag

Sep 20, 2010
Poland
When i open CMD and write adb shell --> i get $
then i write su, but i get permission denied?

I need the # right?

And when i do have the #, will i just copy the 40 lines from here, and then its on the phone?

You need to Accept superuser permissions in Your phone. Until application won't have it You will receive "Permission denied" message.

For second question - You need to input them one by one.

enormous101

Sep 30, 2010
L.A. (LEKANOPEDIO ATTIKIS)

- Camera.apk
- DownloadProvider.apk
- Phone.apk

did that i also installed the original and it keeps saying that it phone apk cannot start...any idea??before i install it i had fron black theme htc and even this doesnt work...:eek:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is a project continuation for Black HTC Theme from topic:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=759320

My theme modifications base on above project are continously evolved.

All theme updates will be posted in first post, and relevant information about theme update will be announced within this thread.

You need to have ROOTED phone to modify Your theme!

There are 4 major versions of theme (regardless to OS version):

1. Android 1.6 theme:

- theme for firmware version 1.2.A.1.174 (Manual installation steps - via ADB and CMD - attached as txt file in package).

2. Android 2.1 theme:

Xperia X10mini/mini pro:

- themes for following firmware versions: 2.0.A.0.504, 2.0.2.A.0.24, 2.1.1.A.0.6, 2.1.1.C.0.0
    - Original X10mini/pro Sony Erricson theme (all firmware versions)

Xperia X8:

- themes for following firmware versions: 2.0.1.A.0.47, 2.1.1.A.0.6

3. Android 2.2 theme (miniCM 6 1.0.1 , 1.0.2)

4. Android 2.3 theme (miniCM 7 2.0.7, 2.1.1, 2.1.2, 2.1.3)

Support for CWMRecovery tool only.

Download links:

http://www.mediafire.com/?634gshh029fzq

Installation procedure (XRecovery/CWMRecovery):

1. Download appropriate package for Your phone model and firmware version
    2. Extract package, choose desired theme version
    3. Copy update.zip to Your SD Card (Do not extract!)
    4. Reboot your device into Recovery Mode
    5. Go to install custom zip option
    6. Click, Yes - Install /sdcard/update.zip, wait a little
    7. Reboot Your X10mini / X8

If you want to back to stock android theme use X10 mini Stock Theme version.
    Unpack it, choose FW version and copy required update.zip to SDCard, and then install it via XRecovery.

THREAD UPDATES:

Changes history from ANDROiD 1.6 (FW 1.2.A.1.174) to ANDROiD 2.1 (2.1.1.A.0.6) moved to attachment.

X10mini/ mini pro FW 2.1.1.0.A.6 INSTALLATION NOTES

1. Download package [2.1.1.A.0.6]X10mini_Xrecovery@draco_ag[XDA].7z, choose desired theme version and install it via Xrecovery.
    After restart Your phone will have a long first boot, around 10-11 minutes (if You're updating from stock theme), but dont worry phone will boot successfully.

2. If Your phone will go to bootloop (continious restarts) after install above package, i also prepared 2 step installation process to apply framework modifications:

FIRST Use Xrecovery to install desired theme version from package: [2.1.1.A.0.6]BASIC_X10mini_Xrecovery@draco_ag[XDA].7z . Reboot phone and wait until it boot successfully.

SECOND Get and extract file: [2.1.1.A.0.6]UPDATE_X10mini_Xrecovery@draco_ag.7z. Copy update.zip for desired theme version to Your SDcard and reboot phone. Use Xrecovery to update framework.

ATTENTION: If You mess the step order Your phone will not boot.

If You have problem with SMS default app and not popup options use the attached version of SuquashiInputMethod.apk file.
    Upload it to phone and use Root Explorer to copy and set the correct permissions to this file.

LAST CHANGES (22.11.2011):

- Added beta version of theme for ThemeChooser

This is for testing purpose ATM. Please install miniCM package again, because stock miniCM framework/apps files are needed for testing. There is no preview available in ThemeChooser, when appying theme ignore message about missing assets and choose "Apply anyway"

REMEMBER: Theme will work correcly ONLY when You choose System theme in ThemeChooser menu.

Read more about XRecovery: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=9913333&postcount=1

To unpack framework packages use FREE application: 7zip

Android 2.1 screenshots:

cap201103251619.jpg
    cap2011032516211.jpg
    cap2011030508121.jpg

miniCM 7 screenshots:

screenshot1317847058299.png
    screenshot1316414910087.png
    screenshot1317964708015.png
    Untitled.gif

If You like my work, just push
    f3tib.jpg
    button :)
    I use Black Htc Theme since 2.0.A.0.504 firmware on my x10 mini pro (U20i), and really, its the best theme ever made, thanks for your excellent job draco_ag! :)

P.S. New Firmware released (2.1.1.A.0.6)

Theme modification would be apreciated.
    :D

10.02.2011 - Major theme update:

- Added standard theme version for X10mini firmware: 2.1.1.A.0.6
    I have made some icons to the dj_deez iconset and change some icons in the black htc them so they are now compatible with all icons and similar to the other.
    The Battery animation is now difrent from the original you can see it bether now.. and when the battery is full the animation stop and the flash is green too.
    I've been working all night for this so plz don't forget to say
    f3tib.jpg

I also change some icons from the black htc them because they are not all similar.

dj_deez statusbar icons reworked by opixantos.zip the iconsetpack.

Plz install first the black htc theme on Post #1
    Then open the Addon pack with the framework and decompile framework-res.apk
    open the framework-res.apk with 7zip and put the icons to the folder: res/drawable-ldpi/
    Put the Framework-res.apk back to the update.zip and install it with the xrecovery

Enjoy!!

Update: 25/02/11
    ------------------

Added some icons tey are now similar more ;)
    Your theme is one of the best themes ever:)

Looking to the Thanks Meter sounds like a nice joke ;)
    Hi draco

Thanks

- Camera.apk
    - DownloadProvider.apk
    - Phone.apk