By pengus77, Recognized Developer on 13th January 2013, 07:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th April 2013, 11:21 AM |#4901  
Flag On The Run
Thanks Meter: 554

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pengus77

Oh, it wasn't only that line... that borked assignment is repeated at least three times in the same function. Instead of storing the previous voltage as it should be (prev_voltage = voltage) they copy/pasted badly from the GB driver and left an identity. Gotta love LG

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LarsPT For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LarsPT Ad-Free
24th April 2013, 11:35 AM |#4902  
Thanks Meter: 265

More
The wait are over soon...Ageing process are killing.
24th April 2013, 12:55 PM |#4903  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 349

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbital_71

The wait are over soon...Ageing process are killing.

I think that lg programmers have poor salaries(only logical explanation)
24th April 2013, 01:10 PM |#4904  
Thanks Meter: 286

More
Hello Pengus.

I've been testing for the last 2 days, the experimental ROM from Tonyp CM10.1.
My questions is:

Seen that it has your work in it.
Your future kernel exp releases, are they compatible with CM10.1? Will the brightness bug be gone forever now?

Will those kernel releases fix the way brightness work on the previous ROMs based on CM10?

What i mean is, the way that the screen turns on in the experimental ROM from Tonyp CM10.1) is alot diferent from yours (CM10, for example). The bright scaling is not perceptible, is quicker and smother...AND the best of it, it doesn't get completly dark after unlocking nor when receiving a call.

Just want you guys to know that, despite the awfull work LG as done to there own product, LG 2X. You are part of Dev's that make this phone more valuable than he actualy is.

Thanks Pengus and Tony.
24th April 2013, 01:15 PM |#4905  
OP Recognized Developer
Penguins' Republic of Antarctica
Thanks Meter: 23,027

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by I.m.Tuga

Hello Pengus.

I've been testing for the last 2 days, the experimental ROM from Tonyp CM10.1.
My questions is:

Seen that it has your work in it.
Your future kernel exp releases, are they compatible with CM10.1? Will the brightness bug be gone forever now?

Will those kernel releases fix the way brightness work on the previous ROMs based on CM10?

What i mean is, the way that the screen turns on in the experimental ROM from Tonyp CM10.1) is alot diferent from yours (CM10, for example). The bright scaling is not perceptible, is quicker and smother...AND the best of it, it doesn't get completly dark after unlocking nor when receiving a call.

Just want you guys to know that, despite the awfull work LG as done to there own product, LG 2X. You are part of Dev's that make this phone more valuable than he actualy is.

Thanks Pengus and Tony.

Hehe thanks
Anyway yes, the brightness bug is fixed for good if the devs/kangers will follow the instructions we'll post. To be compliant they will need to change a couple settings in the build process, otherwise the kernel won't do its job. Nothing major and Tonyp will upload to github the necessary changes so they will be public and visible. As i said in a previous post, i found out that the CM codebase is using the wrong sysfs paths for setting/reading the brightness values, so they need to be corrected in the rom itself for the whole thing to work properly
The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to pengus77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2013, 01:17 PM |#4906  
Flag Caracas
Thanks Meter: 535

More
I believe they said that to fix the brightness bug it was necessary to make changes in both kernel and ROM. Current CM 10 / 10.1 based ROMs would also need to add these changes in order to get brightness working properly.

Edit: darn it, pengus beat me to it hehe
24th April 2013, 04:44 PM |#4907  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
I like ure new avt) hope that means a new era:-"

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda premium
24th April 2013, 05:05 PM |#4908  
Thanks Meter: 911

More
Based on the past few days of great progress, I assume you have received your N4 back and made the O2X a play phone once again

And... You know those chinese gold batteries people have talked so much about? Let's just say the complaints about the battery of our phone with the latest test kernel will come to an end. Battery driver has from this moment on entered the hall of fame - A league of its own!

24th April 2013, 05:21 PM |#4909  
Flag Mushroom kingdom
Thanks Meter: 2,740

More
Quote:

Hehe thanks
Anyway yes, the brightness bug is fixed for good if the devs/kangers will follow the instructions we'll post. To be compliant they will need to change a couple settings in the build process, otherwise the kernel won't do its job. Nothing major and Tonyp will upload to github the necessary changes so they will be public and visible. As i said in a previous post, i found out that the CM codebase is using the wrong sysfs paths for setting/reading the brightness values, so they need to be corrected in the rom itself for the whole thing to work properly

Cool new avatar pengus
Is the problem in CM codebase regarding reading brightness values from the wrong path common for all devices or only specific to this device? I guess the first since otherwise you might have just made the changes in the device tree in your source, like always. Great find, but the other devices dont experience problems due to this?
24th April 2013, 05:26 PM |#4910  
OP Recognized Developer
Penguins' Republic of Antarctica
Thanks Meter: 23,027

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Custom40

Based on the past few days of great progress, I assume you have received your N4 back and made the O2X a play phone once again

And... You know those chinese gold batteries people have talked so much about? Let's just say the complaints about the battery of our phone with the latest test kernel will come to an end. Battery driver has from this moment on entered the hall of fame - A league of its own!

Well, my daily phone used to be a "simple" gnex, not an N4... i will NEVER again buy anything made by LG, not even a microwave oven (prolly the most dangerous thing LG could make anyway).
So... the gnex is still packed in its original box and i will have to bring it into service in two days (tomorrow is national holiday here in Italy) and after that it'll be three weeks before i'll get it back. I'm close to the decision of grabbing a new phone in the meantime, and when the gnex comes back fully working i'll sell it on ebay (or to anyone who wants it for what matters).
At the moment i'm stuck with the p990 then and i'm fixing the annoying things because finally i'm using it as a daily driver, and i use the phone a freakin' lot for work.
Today i've been quite amazed: 8 hours uptime on mixed wifi and 3g, in house and out, almost 1 hour screen and close to 1 hour calls, some gtalk, and still have 64% left. This is using the new battery driver (proudly named "kowalski battery driver") and the new code for 3g that you'll get in 119
The Following 76 Users Say Thank You to pengus77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2013, 05:42 PM |#4911  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Red face
Quote:

Well, my daily phone used to be a "simple" gnex, not an N4... i will NEVER again buy anything made by LG, not even a microwave oven (prolly the most dangerous thing LG could make anyway).
So... the gnex is still packed in its original box and i will have to bring it into service in two days (tomorrow is national holiday here in Italy) and after that it'll be three weeks before i'll get it back. I'm close to the decision of grabbing a new phone in the meantime, and when the gnex comes back fully working i'll sell it on ebay (or to anyone who wants it for what matters).
At the moment i'm stuck with the p990 then and i'm fixing the annoying things because finally i'm using it as a daily driver, and i use the phone a freakin' lot for work.
Today i've been quite amazed: 8 hours uptime on mixed wifi and 3g, in house and out, almost 1 hour screen and close to 1 hour calls, some gtalk, and still have 64% left. This is using the new battery driver (proudly named "kowalski battery driver") and the new code for 3g that you'll get in 119

Waiting
MAN OUT OF THANKS TODAY
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6951150_s460_v0.jpg
Views:	980
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	1908333  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to haula For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift haula Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
beware ! wild penguins, fish slapping takes place here, ics - cm10 - cm10.1, jelly bean, kernel, no polar bears - killer whales or sharks allowed, nvidia sucks - lg sucks more

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)