Post Reply Email Thread
12th June 2013, 12:30 AM |#6001  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 399

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugglez

Pikachu fries water type pokemon, so that fish slap may be a bit ineffective

Ah now, any long term Poké master knows, once you teach Magikarp slap, or charge, and lvl it to 100, taking on a mid level pikachu in a physical fight ( not using elements ) that magikarp is going to total the blinking mouse. =P

plug we all know what kicking magikarp does to it. and NO one want to fight a Gyarados. ^.^

but i think the effect of the slap and watching pikachu being knocked back a mile in the arena is what Trap was going for. serious lack of common sense, and respect to Pengus. Himself and Tony have worked on this Rom / Kernel for months, it does not take any more than a few minutes, to read 3 or four pages back, and only seconds to use the search.

Folk should Value the support before they treat the creators with such disrespect.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Patrick Morgan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Patrick Morgan Ad-Free
12th June 2013, 12:43 AM |#6002  
Thanks Meter: 83

More
No offence Pengus but this build is to hard to squeeze to obtain the max of performance of our underpowered but beloved P990.

My problem is I cant' reach the graphic (3D & 2D) scores I got with kk121 and specially when using games and emulators.
I'm sure it's my fault because I believe in you and your job but I can't find the right combination of all the provided switches.

I need your help to retrieve the missing frames rates. I even re-installed and used benchmarking tools (quadrant, Antutu & Epic Citadel) to verify this fact. So, till then, I'll fallback to kk121.
12th June 2013, 01:55 AM |#6003  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Great kernel! kk124 it's amazing and fast. My battery only drain 30% per day.

Only to inform, i had a couple of problems. I had a BSOD when i put my phone in charge(see log). Never before i had this error. And the second error... was very strange and dificult to explain. This morning my screen... draw all graphics from center to right, and from left to center. I took a screenshot, but it looks normal. I'm on pengus77 CM10.

Thanks for all your work.
Attached Files
File Type: zip last_kernel.zip - [Click for QR Code] (45.4 KB, 21 views)
12th June 2013, 04:04 AM |#6004  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakodga

Great kernel! kk124 it's amazing and fast. My battery only drain 30% per day.

Only to inform, i had a couple of problems. I had a BSOD when i put my phone in charge(see log). Never before i had this error. And the second error... was very strange and dificult to explain. This morning my screen... draw all graphics from center to right, and from left to center. I took a screenshot, but it looks normal. I'm on pengus77 CM10.

Thanks for all your work.

I think the graphics from center to right and fron left to center is not a kernel related, i also had that issue i think is rom related, sometimes it fixed itself and sometimes i had to reboot.
well master pengus will answer this cause i don't know
The Following User Says Thank You to MrAlez For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MrAlez Ad-Free
12th June 2013, 08:48 AM |#6005  
Paris
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BS86

quoted from the opening-post of the t-build thread:

could be the same reason.

Finally decided to do a full wipe.... . Restored all my apps but did not restore any system settings. So far all is good. No reboots, no data loss, and finally my 2X runs very well...

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app
12th June 2013, 07:35 PM |#6006  
Thanks Meter: 123

More
Too bad I had no 3g/2g network until reboot : kk124 cm10.1 Tony T4.

Thank You for checking.
Attached Files
File Type: txt logcat_radio.txt - [Click for QR Code] (253.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: txt last_kmsg.txt - [Click for QR Code] (1 Bytes, 2 views)
12th June 2013, 07:40 PM |#6007  
Flag istanbul
Thanks Meter: 65

More
124 is a rock solid. I had bsod issues with 123 but 124 didnt have one.

124's only problem is 2nd core auto Hot plug. When disabled There is No problem as i Said it is rock solid. But when enabled i got bsod once and i disabled again.

Config: Dynamic fsync On, Max load balance pm on, Single core off, fastcharge off.

Does 2nd core auto hotplug have an impact on battery? Thanks.

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda premium
12th June 2013, 07:51 PM |#6008  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 399

More
Yeah @pengus77

i think 124 can probably be considered for the next stable build. a bit more testing, but its really good.

awesome work dude. Thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Patrick Morgan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Patrick Morgan Ad-Free
12th June 2013, 08:16 PM |#6009  
OP Recognized Developer
Penguins' Republic of Antarctica
Thanks Meter: 23,027

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenks

124 is a rock solid. I had bsod issues with 123 but 124 didnt have one.

124's only problem is 2nd core auto Hot plug. When disabled There is No problem as i Said it is rock solid. But when enabled i got bsod once and i disabled again.

Config: Dynamic fsync On, Max load balance pm on, Single core off, fastcharge off.

Does 2nd core auto hotplug have an impact on battery? Thanks.

2nd core hotplug is there only for experimental/backwards reasons. I'll leave it there as an option, but is a trouble maker in my tests. It doesn't have an impact on battery at all if it's on or off since the new topology/sched code because the 1st core will be used with higher priority, so the 2nd one will sleep (will be on, but idle) most of the time
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to pengus77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th June 2013, 08:18 PM |#6010  
Flag Maracaibo
Thanks Meter: 79

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by calav3ra_de

I also have the wakeup problem and i think its related to exp123.
also, pengus, last weekend i had to charge my phone at a friends place. he had a samsung galaxy s plus charger,
i used it, the phone got charged, but when i checked it three times, it was frozen with screen on. each time i pulled battery,
restarted, charged again. so afterwards it was fully charged, but maybe batterydriver doesnt like other chargers?

I used a blackberry charger on my phone once... It was like the devil possessed the phone, all the apps were opening themselves and then the keyboard appeared with a lot of random words I turned the phone off and charged it like that.
12th June 2013, 08:35 PM |#6011  
Account currently disabled
Flag ND-BL-MB-KL
Thanks Meter: 7,607

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daas88

I used a blackberry charger on my phone once... It was like the devil possessed the phone, all the apps were opening themselves and then the keyboard appeared with a lot of random words I turned the phone off and charged it like that.

Happens with all the touch screen devices when the voltage is too high or the current is flowing through the body of the device..

And Mr. pengus, man you deserve a salute! What awesome brain you've got.. proud that you are a developer for the 2x.. I've been using your kernel from quiet a time now, flawless .. i've got no other words.. Hats off man.. You are a great person as well as a dev

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Jishnu Sur™ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jishnu Sur™ Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
beware ! wild penguins, fish slapping takes place here, ics - cm10 - cm10.1, jelly bean, kernel, no polar bears - killer whales or sharks allowed, nvidia sucks - lg sucks more

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)