[ROM] [AOSP] » LIQUIDSMOOTH » JellyBean [4.1.2] RC 9 [d2spr] » 27th November

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

toxicthunder

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 24, 2012
New Delhi
Do a full wipe three times. Flash the ROM. Then GAPPS. Then the fix. Fix permissions. All of these back to back without an reboots. When the ROM loads for the first time, you should walk through a setup wizard. Should fix your issues.

~Max
Sent Via My LiquidSmooth D2SPR
just curious - full wipe 3 times? what will that achieve?
what if I did 2? Or perhaps 4?

:)

POWerSUrgeSW3

Jan 14, 2011
Phoenix
just curious - full wipe 3 times? what will that achieve?
what if I did 2? Or perhaps 4?

:)

Its just what I've seen recommended by many devas when wiping and loading ROMs. Its to ensure that everything is getting "cleaned" not to artifacts from an old ROM interfere with the new. People have even written scripts to run three full wipes with one simple click. I know some recoveries have the option to wipe three times built in as a "Super wipe".

So when anyone new to the flashing Business seems to encounter issues, I throw that in there as a possible remedy to their problem. But there is no math behind the number. Maybe its an old superstition from us "old guys" who've been flashing for years :D

~Max

toxicthunder

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 24, 2012
New Delhi
Its just what I've seen recommended by many devas when wiping and loading ROMs. Its to ensure that everything is getting "cleaned" not to artifacts from an old ROM interfere with the new. People have even written scripts to run three full wipes with one simple click. I know some recoveries have the option to wipe three times built in as a "Super wipe".

So when anyone new to the flashing Business seems to encounter issues, I throw that in there as a possible remedy to their problem. But there is no math behind the number. Maybe its an old superstition from us "old guys" who've been flashing for years :D

~Max
Superstitious indeed...just like my mom - she'll grab dust particles from vacuum and then scold me for not keeping the room clean :p

Reactions: NYCHitman1

bry7

Jul 12, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Was really excited about this ROM but a big letdown. 3G to 4G transitions are horrible. Random reboots. That's about it. Back to rooted stock.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII

POWerSUrgeSW3

Jan 14, 2011
Phoenix
Was really excited about this ROM but a big letdown. 3G to 4G transitions are horrible. Random reboots. That's about it. Back to rooted stock.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII

I hear you about the reboots. The transitions seem to be related to several ROMs but there is a fix for bit. I really enjoyed LiquidSmooth but had to move on myself. Custom ROM is so much better than a stock.... :)

~Max
Sent Via My JellyBAM D2SPR

bry7

Jul 12, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I did have 3g 4G transition problems in all the cm series. It's crazy how popular this phone is and I have yet to find a stable aosp ROM. I had better roms with all my previous phones. (evo, evo 3d, Samsung galaxy nexus, 4G lte) It's either transitions, blue tooth, camera or reboots. Is this ROM dead? No releases in a while.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

POWerSUrgeSW3

Jan 14, 2011
Phoenix
I did have 3g 4G transition problems in all the cm series. It's crazy how popular this phone is and I have yet to find a stable aosp ROM. I had better roms with all my previous phones. (evo, evo 3d, Samsung galaxy nexus, 4G lte) It's either transitions, blue tooth, camera or reboots. Is this ROM dead? No releases in a while.

The devs do not have this exact phone. But they have a variant. So they work on that and get a functional release then port out. Its coming as the Android v4.2.1 was recently released for the D2VZW.

Personally with all my phones I've noticed I bounced around while released were coming out. I'm just waiting for a stable release of v4.2.1 for the D2SPR!

~Max

Slimegod

Mar 12, 2011
The kernel that was suppose to be associated with this ROM doesn't take on my phone. I flashed everything at once and stayed on the boot screen. Then I flashed everything one by one to see what will stick and the kernel didn't. Is there another kernel I can flash?

POWerSUrgeSW3

Jan 14, 2011
Phoenix
The kernel that was suppose to be associated with this ROM doesn't take on my phone. I flashed everything at once and stayed on the boot screen. Then I flashed everything one by one to see what will stick and the kernel didn't. Is there another kernel I can flash?

Which kernel and version of that kernel are you flashing?

~Max
Sent Via My JellyBAM D2SPR

Fadakar

Oct 17, 2009
California
Yeah there are betas out and about, VZW GS3 the Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 all have betas available. I remember seeing the dev's mobo and psu died as well, so could take a little longer than the average build.

sbeekman

Apr 1, 2012
Beaver Dam
Can someone point me in the right direction search feature on mobile sucks I googled lean kernel and all I see is Verizon and att I'm looking for sprint version thanks in advance

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

stafly17

Sep 18, 2010
Fort Worth, Tx
Can someone point me in the right direction search feature on mobile sucks I googled lean kernel and all I see is Verizon and att I'm looking for sprint version thanks in advance

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Here ya go..

http://db.tt/A4UJrmbs

ch3atc0d3

-slim-bean-beta2
-Kt747 1.8Ghz UV(-25)-
-ondemand-
-battery lasts tooo long-

Last edited:

Smac7

Feb 15, 2009
removed - posted in wrong thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    liquidpooga.png

liq0005group1.png

LiquidSmooth is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project.
    As a team, we are dedicated to providing Android users with smooth, stable and fast Roms :)

Ours is an open source project. Please feel free to look at our code on LiquidSmooth GitHub

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project.

Furthermore, we also extend our gratitude to AOKP, Team CNA and Team EOS for parts of their code that we have incorporated.

Credit: Eric Hobart

liq0003group4.png

Our links are hosted on goo.im for the moment, as our website seems to need better load testing...

Liquid RC9

liq0002group5.png

Liquid0624

Liquidzgrl

Nocoast

Hiemanshu

ToxicThunder

RaymanFX

DaGr8

DG4Prez

liq0001group5copy.png

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourselves update on the go!

Facebook

Twitter

Google+

liq0000group5copy2.png

Like our work ?

Many hours have been spent bringing you this release.
    You may show your appreciation and support for our project by considering a small donation -

Core Developers

Device Maintainers and Support Team

--
    37453622083127471528998.jpg

RELEASED :D

(now put that thanks button below on fire, just to make me feel good :p)
    New builds uploading... :D

Hopefully will solve all previous issues.

(Now press that button ;) )

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
    To all users,

Please don't think that your feedback is not being looked into. Several of the issues that were brought to light by you all have been fixed (the screen transition thing for one)

Incase you don't receive a reply it doesn't mean that we aren't reading :)

As to personal messages, I have replied to each and every one I think. I try my best.
    Sorry guys, I was asleep :p its 7:30am in India now. So I quickly went through the thread and here are a few pointers -

1. Make all suggestions you want here itself. But be sure not to ask for stupid touchwiz features. If you have no idea what i am talking about, you better read up a little.

2. To users getting force closes, battery problems etc, make sure you have done a full wipe before flashing the ROM. If the issue still persists, please pull up a logcat or a screen from something like Better Battery Stats. ; or ask someone else to do it for you. NO LOGCAT = NO SUPPORT FROM MY SIDE.

3. Use the search feature. There is a reason its there.