[TOOL] HTC Desire X All-In-One Toolkit V3.0 [7-16-2013] [PERM ROOT] [Noob-Proof]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

merovig

Jan 8, 2011
error.png

the explanation in the readme file is in german, i will translate it as good as i can, even if it shouldn't be necessary

ERROR [155~159]: image error
This message comes up, if you're running a wrong program for the update process and if the size of the image file is too big for ROM. Get in this case the right RUU and try again.

infernal77

Oct 18, 2012
Reactions: merovig

merovig

Jan 8, 2011

merovig

Jan 8, 2011
Finally i got it!

Since it isn't possible to delete system apps on your phone by using apps (titanium, root explorer, ...), i thought, it should be possible throughout CWM and i finally got a method for this.

At first i used another flashable zip for installing root from here provided by gazhead, cause he included busybox in his zip and some apps i use, need it. It works fine for me, had no errors since flashing.

Next i discovered the AROMA Filemanager. I booted into CWM, mounted system and started AROMA flashing the zip from SD. Browse to your system app folder, delete the bloatware and restart.

Hope it works for you, too. Hope you understand my miserable english. ;)

Many thanks to hasoon, gazhead and amarullz for their development work.

Last edited:

sjriji

Jan 15, 2012
thanks for the toolkit
i have an issue with the perm root. i had no problems with unlocking the bootloader and the other stuff, perm root doesn't bring anything. i booted into recovery and flashed the supersu.zip, after all it should work, but after one day super su begin to want toupdate binary and i say him to continue it say that update is fail or it's restart himself

neXus PRIME

Nov 22, 2011
Lahore, Pakistan
hi

Many have this problem... Try SuperUser app...

+1. Use superuser-3.1.3-arm.zip as it works better than SuperSU. SuperSU is reported to be giving some reboot issues.

Regards
Yasir

P.S. Feeling VERY deserted and LONELY in desireX forum having previously been on the Classic Desire (bravo) forum as it had plethora or roms. One of the most developed for phone. Hope this phone continues the trend.

stunning

Feb 25, 2010
Pakistan
www.youtube.com
seems to be working but dont know why still my desrie x keep telling me ur set does not have the proper root
by the way does any knows where i can find rooted roms for desire x
i hate the option of merging notification n tone volume
any idea how to seperate it or any apps for it
thank u

sjriji

Jan 15, 2012
+1. Use superuser-3.1.3-arm.zip as it works better than SuperSU. SuperSU is reported to be giving some reboot issues.

Regards
Yasir

P.S. Feeling VERY deserted and LONELY in desireX forum having previously been on the Classic Desire (bravo) forum as it had plethora or roms. One of the most developed for phone. Hope this phone continues the trend.

Yes but i can't uninstal the super su whe i do full unroot after restart i get again super su

infernal77

Oct 18, 2012
Yes but i can't uninstal the super su whe i do full unroot after restart i get again super su

Only fully bugfree way of rooting our phone, after having had it for a month and a half now and constant experimenting :

1. go to htcdev.com and follow instructions to unlock your bootloader
2. reboot into bootloader and put phone into fastboot, then use hasoon2000's toolkit or command line to upload the CWM recovery image
3. copy busybox (any version is ok, latest is 1.20.1) and superuser 3.1.3 (not supersu, too buggy) flashable zips to root of sdcard
4. go back into bootloader and put phone into (now the CWM) recovery mode, then choose flash zips from sdcard to flash superuser first
5. do the same as step 4 to flash busybox

In my experience, this is the best, experienced no bugs (yet). To check if your phone is correctly rooted, get Root Validator app from Play Store.

To unroot, the only bulletproof way is to just relock the bootloader and ONLY IF YOU HAVE A EUROPEAN PHONE, use the RUU (Rom Update Utility) from HTC to bring the phone back to stock. You will lose all your data (apps, settings, contacts, messages,...) though.

seems to be working but dont know why still my desrie x keep telling me ur set does not have the proper root
by the way does any knows where i can find rooted roms for desire x
i hate the option of merging notification n tone volume
any idea how to seperate it or any apps for it
thank u

Check the Android development section for hasoon2000's stock and rooted (supersu though, not superuser) rom. Follow steps 3 to 5 to flash it through CWM. Wipe dalvik-cache, data and cache first. Same thing, you lose all data. Not sure if it matters whether your phone is European or not though (someone brave enough to test this?).

As to the separate notification and ringer volume levels, there's several apps in the Play Store that do it, I use HideItPro (paid app) because it also allows me to hide apps from the AppDrawer.

Last edited:
Reactions: ujnk and Stereo8

nightcrow

Feb 16, 2008
Thinking about rooting my DX mostly to be able to remove bloatware and install adfree. Three questions about this just to be sure:

- does an app like adfree work after rooting and installing busybox/superuser?
- since I have a European phone can I flash an RUU to get the phone back to completely stock? Or does it say 'relocked bootloader' or something like that after having flashed the RUU?
- can I still receive FOTA after rooting and flashing a custom recovery or do I have to flash an RUU first to be able to receive FOTA again?

neXus PRIME

Nov 22, 2011
Lahore, Pakistan
hi

Thinking about rooting my DX mostly to be able to remove bloatware and install adfree. Three questions about this just to be sure:

- does an app like adfree work after rooting and installing busybox/superuser?
- since I have a European phone can I flash an RUU to get the phone back to completely stock? Or does it say 'relocked bootloader' or something like that after having flashed the RUU?
- can I still receive FOTA after rooting and flashing a custom recovery or do I have to flash an RUU first to be able to receive FOTA again?

I am only gonna help for ads question.
after proper rooting via super user 3.1.3(not supersu) you go ahead in settings ->power, and uncheck fast boot . Then install ad away. Open ad away settings and set hosts file target to /data/data/hosts. Then reboot to recovery, mount system. Mount data. In adb shell, type:
cd system
rm hosts
ln -s /data/data/hosts hosts
reboot. Go run ad away and disable ads.
You're done.

2nd method, install a custom deodex Rom and you won't have any bloatware, or you can uninstall via Rom toolbox etc. And ad away will run normally without doing the command line stuff I mentioned above.

regards
Yasir

Reactions: nightcrow

nightcrow

Feb 16, 2008
I am only gonna help for ads question.
after proper rooting via super user 3.1.3(not supersu) you go ahead in settings ->power, and uncheck fast boot . Then install ad away. Open ad away settings and set hosts file target to /data/data/hosts. Then reboot to recovery, mount system. Mount data. In adb shell, type:
cd system
rm hosts
ln -s /data/data/hosts hosts
reboot. Go run ad away and disable ads.
You're done.

2nd method, install a custom deodex Rom and you won't have any bloatware, or you can uninstall via Rom toolbox etc. And ad away will run normally without doing the command line stuff I mentioned above.

regards
Yasir

Thank you for helping me out. Only problem is I can't seem to remove the hosts from system since there doesn't seem to be such a file or directory. Checked it with aroma fm in recovery and indeed there doesn't seem to.

So now when I install the file from ad away after a reboot I'll have to do it again.

Any clue what I might be missing here?

Already installed infernals lite Rom so no bloatware anymore but it isn't deodexed.

Edit: could it be that the hosts file is located in /system/etc instead of /system?
Edit 2: just tried your method and deleted the hosts file in /system/etc and it seems to work. Thanx again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Post 1 - Information
    Post 2 - Downloads and Release / Change Information
    Post 3 - Bugs, Future Additions to the GUI, FAQ

I created an easy to use GUI program for the HTC Amaze and I decided to make one for the HTC Desire X. I spent a good over 10+ hours to learn how to script, watch videos on how to do it, working on it during school when I should have been listening lol and all that fun stuff. I am going to fix it and up and add more updates to it. You CAN place requests and I will try to fulfill it!

If this helped you out, Please press the thanks button and if you want, you can always donate!

FEATURES​

- Install HTC Drivers
    - Enter Bootloader (after it enters into bootloader, press the power button to enter Fastboot) REMOVED. No longer necessary.
    - Get Token ID. Register at HTCDev, login to the site and submit the Token ID here. Buttons have been replaced and include links.
    - Unlock Bootloader (Must place Unlock_code.bin in the folder)
    - Install Recoveries
    • User Provided Recoveries
    • CWM
    Kernels
    • User provided kernels
    - Link to this thread (XDA)
    - Link to PM me if you need a phone unlocked (XDA)
    - Link to the One S Development thread (XDA)
    - Boot Into Recovery
    - Boot into Bootloader
    - Relock Bootloader (must be in fastboot)
    - APK Batch Installer (Credits to hamsteyr)
    - Donate to me (Hasoon2000) -> Donating to yours truly for putting time into this!

Here is a screenshot.

28ip553.png

How To Use. THIS IS FOR THE PC ONLY. No plans ever for Mac or Linux. Sorry.
    1. Download the toolkit DO NOT RENAME THE FOLDER
    2. Download Winrar from here. Install it after you download it
    3. Extract the folder anywhere.
    4. Run the program.

Credits
    - The guys at the AutoIT help forum that helped me learn how to make the script!
    - Mods of the forum!
    - Devs for making us ROMS!
    - The community for being awesome!
    - HTC for making us the phone so we can be a community!
    - To everyone else I may have forgotten!

*DISCLAIMER*

I take no responsibility for any fault or damage caused by any procedures within this guide. No warranties of any kind are given.

DONATIONS​
    Downloads

Mod edit: Download links removed

Changes
    V1.0 Released! 10-18-2012
    - Initial Release

v1.1 Released! 10-23-1012
    - Updated CWM to LLoir's CWM 6.1.5

v2.0 Released 1-1-2013
    - Major Overhaul
    - Users can now select their own recovery, kernel and unlock_code.bin. You no longer need to place it in a the data folder. Just browse for it
    - Removed a lot of .bat scripts and integrated it in the program
    - Replaced SuperSU with SuperUser
    - Added a few links
    - Added ADB sideload
    - Updated APK Batch Installer Tool to v1.4.1

v2.1 released! 3-13-2013
    - Added support for Windows 8
    - Removed CWM
    - Added TWRP 2.4.3.0 (Credits to Yasir)
    - Updated SuperUser
    - Added commands to check CID, Getvar All, Erase Cache
    - Added a feature to flash RUU ZIP

v3.0 Released! 7-16-2013
    - Updated File Hosters. I have 2 file hosting services so if one goes down, there will be another up!
    - Added TWRP 2.6.0.0 for JB HBOOT
    - Added Philz CWM 5.0.8.5 for ICS/JB HBOOT
    - Updated TWRP to 2.5.0.0 for ICS HBOOT
    - Added popular links
    - Removed HTC Drives and replaced it with a link. It will take you to the latest drivers that I upload! No need to keep updating my toolkit with drivers. Also, decreases the size by 14MB!
    - Fixed some other bugs
    Bugs
    - Directory has to have one word.
    Ex:

Will Work. This will solve any issues if the buttons don't work when you press them.

C:\Users\John\Dropbox\Phones\Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_V2.4

C:\Users\John_Smith\Dropbox\Phones\Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_V2.4

Will NOT work. Your directory will look something like this and buttons won't work when you press it.

C:\Users\John Smith\Dropbox\Phones\Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_V2.4

If you have 2 words, put the folder in Drive C:

Ex. This will solve any issues if the buttons don't work when you press them.

C:\Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_V2.4

Looking to add in the future
    - Kernels
    - More recoveries
    - Makes Requests!!!

FAQs

Q - Why Did you make this?
    A - To make life easier

Q - You are limited on features. Why?
    A- You can always make a request!

Q - Will this work on other devices?
    A - Only the fastboot commands, HTC Dev unlock (device specific) and the HTC drivers. Toolkit is made for the specific device.

Q - Will you support more devices in the future?
    A - If people REALLY want, I can make it happen. I just don't want to make anything that nobody would use.

Q - Awesome! Can I make a donation?
    A - Of course! Do not feel obligated though. If you would like to make a donation, you can click the button on my toolkit or under my username.
    Finally i got it!

Since it isn't possible to delete system apps on your phone by using apps (titanium, root explorer, ...), i thought, it should be possible throughout CWM and i finally got a method for this.

At first i used another flashable zip for installing root from here provided by gazhead, cause he included busybox in his zip and some apps i use, need it. It works fine for me, had no errors since flashing.

Next i discovered the AROMA Filemanager. I booted into CWM, mounted system and started AROMA flashing the zip from SD. Browse to your system app folder, delete the bloatware and restart.

Hope it works for you, too. Hope you understand my miserable english. ;)

Many thanks to hasoon, gazhead and amarullz for their development work.
    v2.1 released! 3-13-2013
    - Added support for Windows 8
    - Removed CWM
    - Added TWRP 2.4.3.0 (Credits to Yasir)
    - Updated SuperUser
    - Added commands to check CID, Getvar All, Erase Cache
    - Added a feature to flash RUU ZIP

Download is in Post 2.