Moto G 4G/LTE Stock Firmware (XT1039/40/42/45)

Search This thread

vpnair

Jun 12, 2010
Melbourne
This is a stock firmware list for all Moto G 4G/LTE. Useful for returning to stock, resetting and updating firmware.

Thanks to the Firmware Team. Please Donate to them.
Thanks to @lost101 for timely updates.

Latest Available Firmware

Older Firmware
Identifying Correct Firmware
If unsure about which version to flash. Ensure the CID Number matches your current device and it will work.
Identify CID using the following:
Fastboot - 'fastboot getvar all' and read cid: 0x000* (* = CID)
Playstore - Install CID getter from Playstore and read this value 'ro.boot.cid' it should be 0x* (* = CID)

Instructions:
Extract the firmware to location of mfastboot and use the following commands (phone should be on fastboot screen and connected to computer):
Code:
mfastboot flash partition gpt.bin
mfastboot flash motoboot motoboot.img
mfastboot flash logo logo.bin
mfastboot flash boot boot.img
mfastboot flash recovery recovery.img
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3
mfastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
mfastboot erase modemst1
mfastboot erase modemst2
mfastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
mfastboot erase cache
mfastboot erase userdata [COLOR="Red"]--> THIS WILL ERASE YOUR DATA (SD CARD IS UNTOUCHED). NOT REQUIRED IF ALREADY ON STOCK[/COLOR]
mfastboot reboot

Enjoy!

Last edited:

scoobdriver

Feb 12, 2009
I have flashed this via fastboot however my XT1039 (Tesco) Still reads System Version 21.1.21.pereguine_teteu.reteuall.en.EU tescogb

I'm confused.. has it not actually flashed ?

lost101

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 30, 2008
Last edited:
Reactions: dodothemad

xspyda

Mar 8, 2006
So is the firmware in Post 1 the f/w that comes installed on sim free handsets or is it the Tesco GB f/w?

Post 6 seems to indicate this is the Tesco rom.

If so is there a stock f/w available for the XT1039 (as installed on the sim free models / stock Android) ?

Thanks

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

The firmware posted previously is from the tesco build, and while there isn't much bloat in there, I'd love a clean, stock build, so please do share it!
Yup, seconded ...

Anyone?

bleepyboop

Mar 25, 2011
So is the firmware in Post 1 the f/w that comes installed on sim free handsets or is it the Tesco GB f/w?

Post 6 seems to indicate this is the Tesco rom.

If so is there a stock f/w available for the XT1039 (as installed on the sim free models / stock Android) ?

Thanks

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

Yup, seconded ...

Anyone?
Thirded, can confirm the ROM posted in the OP is Tesco ROM since I've just flashed it

xspyda

Mar 8, 2006
Thirded, can confirm the ROM posted in the OP is Tesco ROM since I've just flashed it
Having just flashed it could you post a screeny of the details by any chance?

Think this is the Tesco Europe firmware rather than the Tesco GB I'd need to restore mine to out of the box state.

Here's mine:

ra4yny6e.jpg

Cheers.

bleepyboop

Mar 25, 2011
Yeah, it's the Tesco EU firmware. I've updated it to 4.4.4 though, something which Tesco GB hasn't gotten yet which is a plus I guess.

Eny5Gjo.png

Last edited:

xspyda

Mar 8, 2006
Ok thanks. Slight differences there. I'm confused!

Is that what you were left with after flashing the f/w in post 1 or were you left with same as my screenshot?

If yours is Tesco GB as flashed from the f/w in post 1, as Tesco GB has yet to get 4.4.4 how are you on that?

Sorry, I have wifi issues and want to try the update to see if it resolves. If not the phone will be returned but I want to know I can get it back to out of the box firmware *exactly* before I attempt the upgrade.

Thanks.

bleepyboop

Mar 25, 2011
Ok thanks. Slight differences there. I'm confused!

Is that what you were left with after flashing the f/w in post 1 or were you left with same as my screenshot?

If yours is Tesco GB as flashed from the f/w in post 1, as Tesco GB has yet to get 4.4.4 how are you on that?

Sorry, I have wifi issues and want to try the update to see if it resolves. If not the phone will be returned but I want to know I can get it back to out of the box firmware *exactly* before I attempt the upgrade.

Thanks.

After flashing I was on 4.4.3 reteu tescogb, then I received an OTA for 4.4.4. What wifi issues are you having?

Top Liked Posts