Samsung ATIV S I8750 Rom flashing!

Search This thread
Hi from Greece. I flashed GDR2 from GDR3 and the problems are gone. But it was not a very pleasant experience. Especially as it gave me a "Partition information is not equal" warning! has anyone else received such warning while flashing? I read somewhere that it is ok and shouldn't be an issue, you just ignore it. Is that correct or was it a mistake to proceed despite the warning? Thank you

Samething for everyone, nothing to worry about.

-W_O_L_F-

Jul 10, 2010
Moscow
Hi from Greece. I flashed GDR2 from GDR3 and the problems are gone. But it was not a very pleasant experience. Especially as it gave me a "Partition information is not equal" warning! has anyone else received such warning while flashing? I read somewhere that it is ok and shouldn't be an issue, you just ignore it. Is that correct or was it a mistake to proceed despite the warning? Thank you
GDR3 has different partition sizes. Flasher warns you not to flash individual partitions, but flash ALL together. There is one exception: you can flash CSC without other partitions and click "No".

Nov 18, 2010
Giannitsa
wow, guys thanks for the super fast replies.
I only used the orange icon for the wp8 file, I did not use a csc file at all (I chose select under DL options and the csc was unchecked). Should I had flashed a csc as well? If I had done that would I still receive the partition warning?

Last edited:

-W_O_L_F-

Jul 10, 2010
Moscow
wow, guys thanks for the super fast replies.
I only used the orange icon for the wp8 file, I did not use a csc file at all (I chose select under DL options and the csc was unchecked). Should I had flashed a csc as well? If I had done that would I still receive the partition warning?
You may flash ROM without CSC.
You will receive this warning when you flash GDR3 on GDR1, GDR2 or GDR3 beta (updated from GDR2). Or vice versa.

-W_O_L_F-

Jul 10, 2010
Moscow
wolf, thanks man, you are the boss :)
The reason why I flashed GDR2 is explained in this blog post I wrote on WMPU ( http://wmpoweruser.com/samsung-ativ-s-owners-beware-of-gdr3/ )
I'd appreciate it if you guys read that and tell me if it is wise for me to update to gdr3 again or wait for Samsung to fix the issues.
You are the best :)
Anastasios
Hard Reset bug was on GDR3 beta. BUT it still can be Hard Reseted.
I didn't flashed my device for several weeks, but system is 2.53 GB. I asked anyone with this problem to send me an AppDataMgr statistics, but no one did this.

pege63

May 4, 2011
Angelisland
Help please

I used this guide "For those with German unbranded Ativs, you can change the CSC from DBT to ATO and get the update. Someone posted it on the news page and I just confirmed it's working on mine. Still unlocked and all features working.

Just type ##634# on the dialer, then enter *#321647335 on the diagnostics app to open the CSC selection menu, change it to ATO and your phone will factory reset with the new CSC, check for update and it should be there. Warning: THIS WILL WIPE YOUR PHONE. (Credits to Megasound for the CSC change code)"

I followed this and now my phone has Black screen i can see the welcome screen but when i pulling it up everything is black, wath can i do to fix this?????

-W_O_L_F-

Jul 10, 2010
Moscow
I used this guide "For those with German unbranded Ativs, you can change the CSC from DBT to ATO and get the update. Someone posted it on the news page and I just confirmed it's working on mine. Still unlocked and all features working.

Just type ##634# on the dialer, then enter *#321647335 on the diagnostics app to open the CSC selection menu, change it to ATO and your phone will factory reset with the new CSC, check for update and it should be there. Warning: THIS WILL WIPE YOUR PHONE. (Credits to Megasound for the CSC change code)"

I followed this and now my phone has Black screen i can see the welcome screen but when i pulling it up everything is black, wath can i do to fix this?????
This is common GDR3 bug.
Easy way: reflash your phone.
Hard way: do HR by key combination. This may not work, after HR you will still see black screen.
Hard way 2: block screen and unblock it. Reboot phone, it'll boot into desktop, but many things are missing. Do HR in the settings. This may not work, after HR you will still see black screen.

Good news: SamWP8 can change region (for updates, not CSC code) without HR. Choose 000-AT in the list and tap "set". You don't even need to reboot phone, just check for updates.

pege63

May 4, 2011
Angelisland
This is common GDR3 bug.
Easy way: reflash your phone.
Hard way: do HR by key combination. This may not work, after HR you will still see black screen.
Hard way 2: block screen and unblock it. Reboot phone, it'll boot into desktop, but many things are missing. Do HR in the settings. This may not work, after HR you will still see black screen.

Good news: SamWP8 can change region (for updates, not CSC code) without HR. Choose 000-AT in the list and tap "set". You don't even need to reboot phone, just check for updates.

2 Questions:
Can i flash with latest WINOS and where do i find this tools?
And where do i choose "000-AT in the list" wath region is that, am in Sweden?

I solved the black screen problem with this trick:

Turn off the phone, Once the phone is off, Hold the Volume down key then
plug the charger (charger should be connected to the power source ",)
Once you see the exclamation ( ! ), remove your finger from the button.

Then press the following keys in, Volume Up, Volume Down, Power Key and
Volume down. The phone will turn on automatically, this may take
several minutes and it will show two gears that are spinning just wait
for it to finish.

Can i now update to latest OS vers 8.0.10521.155?

Last edited:

-W_O_L_F-

Jul 10, 2010
Moscow
2 Questions:
Can i flash with latest WINOS and where do i find this tools?
And where do i choose "000-AT in the list" wath region is that, am in Sweden?

I solved the black screen problem with this trick:

Turn off the phone, Once the phone is off, Hold the Volume down key then
plug the charger (charger should be connected to the power source ",)
Once you see the exclamation ( ! ), remove your finger from the button.

Then press the following keys in, Volume Up, Volume Down, Power Key and
Volume down. The phone will turn on automatically, this may take
several minutes and it will show two gears that are spinning just wait
for it to finish.

Can i now update to latest OS vers 8.0.10521.155?
You can find "000-AT" in SamWP8 Tools. This is GB I believe.
You've done HR by key combination in a little bit strange way :)
To update to 521 you need to have at least DevUnlock.

pege63

May 4, 2011
Angelisland
You can find "000-AT" in SamWP8 Tools. This is GB I believe.
You've done HR by key combination in a little bit strange way :)
To update to 521 you need to have at least DevUnlock.

I manage to update my phone via OTA and now i have and it works as it should:

FW: 2424.13.10.1
HW: 15.15.1.0
Radio SW: 2424.13.9.1
Radio HW: 0.0.0.800
BL: 13.08.14.16
Chip SOC: 1.5.32

heo_map

Sep 9, 2008
Please help, my laptop can not install Samsung Electronics (WinUsb) USB device, it is an error, when connecting I8750 in download mode, the lack of USB downloader mode, should not be able to run the rom. help me

salida

May 4, 2009
Hello these are my phone info

FW: 2424.13.5.1
HW: 15.15.1.0
Radio SW: 2424.13.5.1
Radio HW: 0.0.0.800
BL: 13.04.19.21
Chip SOC: 1.5.32

in csc i have DBT and could not found any update.

i made account as developer, run windows phone registration tool, and run the developer preview app on my phone.
it downloads the first update which is the small one but in the end it gives me the following error
"The update was downloaded, but couldn't be opened. (80070003)"

i read that this can be solved by hard reseting the phone. but with no luck.

Any suggestions ? shall i flash on my own gdr3 and try again or i can somehow flash wp8.1 directly ?

Last edited:

EDMYJOSE

Apr 14, 2009
Caracas
HI im having an issue, i was having wp8,1 but its gets freeze, i try to hard reset and its stay at 0, now im traying to flash a rom sometime fstucj at 24% and other time stuck at 39%. the error says channel MainOs write fail. somebody can help me please

-W_O_L_F-

Jul 10, 2010
Moscow
HI im having an issue, i was having wp8,1 but its gets freeze, i try to hard reset and its stay at 0, now im traying to flash a rom sometime fstucj at 24% and other time stuck at 39%. the error says channel MainOs write fail. somebody can help me please
1) Bad cable. Use shorter one and connect it to the rear USB 2.0 port of your PC.
2) Bad memory (on the phone).

Top Liked Posts