Same o' FP sensor as in S10? Very disappointing.

Search This thread

jnadke

Jul 17, 2008
I can say I had a launch S10 and the fingerprint sensor was garbage.

I got my S20 and set it up and its 1000x better.

If it's the same sensor then Qualcomm must've fixed up the firmware algorithms or Samsung has better software.

Deathman20

Sep 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Seems OK but never used the S10 phone with the other sensor only the A50 i've tried it on. Not sure if its slower or a little more picky than my S9+ yet but time will tell.

chieco

Jul 6, 2011
never had any issues with S10's fps and S20's fps also works fine. Maybe user error?

Jul 20, 2019
What's even more disappointing is the facial recognition.... not impressed...

I haven't really had any recognition problems. I actually like that it lets you make two profiles if you wear glasses or sunglasses.

---------- Post added at 06:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 AM ----------

I have no issues with mine. Its a bit slower than my op7pro but it still works pretty quick.
I created a profile that has both thumbs in it. Just switched left and right thumb every time it asked for another scan. Seemed to improve accuracy.

jasons1004

Sep 17, 2010
chicago
I haven't really had any recognition problems. I actually like that it lets you make two profiles if you wear glasses or sunglasses.

---------- Post added at 06:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 AM ----------

I created a profile that has both thumbs in it. Just switched left and right thumb every time it asked for another scan. Seemed to improve accuracy.

yeah I've had problems so I've been using fingerprint only. I may try and register face again and see.

Reactions: MarkWahlbergs3rdNip

mzsquared

Feb 22, 2018
CT
Uhh, the 3D Sonic Max was introduced in december of 2019 so there's literally no way it could've been on the S10...

That's right, same o' same o' references the disappointing fingerprint sensor found on S10 and Note 10 models.. Then, there was a rumor, before the release of Note 10, about this new, super-duper 3D Sonic Max many people hoped to have on Note 10, when that didn't happen everyone thought(myself included) the S20 will get it, but still, as we can see – no cigar.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

yeah I've had problems so I've been using fingerprint only. I may try and register face again and see.