[APP][4.0+] eXperience / eXperience Pro / eXperience Test

Search This thread

Ezekeel

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 21, 2011
APERTURE SCIENCE proudly presents eXperience Pro.

The eXperience Pro application implements an innovative cross-device and cross-kernel tweak framework which offers a convenient modular approach for Android customizations and tweaks.

With this powerful and exciting new tool users will be able to apply various tweaks on-the-fly and independent of the running kernel. This application will put users in the position to run their favorite tweaks on whichever kernel they prefer without having to convince the corresponding kernel devs to include it. Thus by cutting out the middleman, this app will empower the users and give them a greater control about customization of their devices. Also this software will open up the world of Android tweaking for users that prefer to run the stock kernel.

Try my free eXperience Test app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=aperture.ezekeel.experiencetest) first to check whether the device and currently running kernel is compatible with the tweak framework employed in eXperience Pro.

Currently supported devices:
* Nexus 4 (mako)[1][2]
* Galaxy Nexus GSM (maguro), Verizon (toro) and Sprint (toroplus)
* Galaxy SII (GT-I9100), Galaxy SII Skyrocket (SGH-I727) and Galaxy SII (galaxys2)
* Galaxy SIII international (GT-I9300, m0), T-Mobile (SGH-T999, d2tmo), Verizon (qcom, d2vzw), Sprint (SPH-L710, d2spr), US Cellular (qcom, d2usc), AT&T (qcom, s2att) and LTE (GT-I9305)
* Galaxy Note GT-N7000 and Galaxy Note SGH-I717
* Nexus 7 WiFi (grouper) and 3G (tilapia)
* Transformer Pad (TF700T) and Transformer Prime (TF201)
* Galaxy Tab 8.9 (p5wifi)
* One XL (Evita), One X AT&T, One X endeavoru
* One S (Ville)[2]
* Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 (t03g), SCH-I605 (t0ltevzw), SGH-T889 (t0ltetmo), GT-N7105 (t0lte), SPH-L900 (t0ltecdma) and Sprint (t0ltespr)
* Optimus G Sprint (geehrc4g_spr_us)[1][2], Optimus G LS970 (geehrc4g)[1][2], Optimus G 4X HD LG-P880, Optimus G LG-E970[1][2]
* Iconia A511
* Droid Razr (XT910)
* Galaxy Note 10.1
* Vivid 4G
* Raider (X710e)
* Rezound (ADR6425LVW)
* Galaxy Tab 7.7 (P6800) and Galaxy Tab 7.7 (GT-P6800)
* Evo 4G Jewel[2], Evo 4G PC36100 and HTC6435LVW[2]
* Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (GT-P5100)
* Xperia Z (C6603)[1][2]
* Prada LG-P940

If your device is not on the list download my free eXperience Test app which can collect the necessary device-dependent data (no personal information) and send it to the author via email conveniently in one button press.

Currently implemented tweak modules:
* Touchwake (all devices): When the screen times out one can simply touch the screen to activate it which is much more convenient than pressing the power button - especially great for tablets.
* Music Control (all devices): Control the music playback with the volume buttons. Long press of the volume up button skips to the next song, long press of the volume down button skips back to the previous song (or rewinds the currently playing song). Simultaneous long press of both volume buttons pauses the song or continues playback when paused.
* CPU Control (only devices marked with [1]): Adjust the voltages for the different CPU frequency steps.
* Volume Control (only devices marked with [2]): Adjust the output volume of the headphones and device internal speaker and the input volume of the camcorder and handset microphones.

**** IMPORTANT ****
Some custom ROMs come with a broken version of su and/or busybox. If you experience any problems with the app, before reporting the issue first try to fix it by installing Stericson's busybox (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=stericson.busybox) and SuperSU (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.supersu) and then updating the su binary in the SuperSU app.

Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=aperture.ezekeel.experiencepro
Android Pit: http://www.androidpit.com/en/android/market/apps/app/aperture.ezekeel.experience/eXperiencepro

*********************************************************************************************************************************
*********************************************************************************************************************************

Some technical info on how all of this works:

On app start as the first action the program checks whether the eXperience tweak framework is running or not. If the framework is not already running it is initialized in memory.

The eXperience framework interacts with the underlying system and acts as a device-independent layer which both handles the loading and unloading of individual tweak modules and also communication with these modules. Since this framework does not rely on any persistent daemons or other background processes there is no effect on performance of the device or battery drain. Also the persistent memory footprint of the eXperience framework in only around 4kB which is negligible on todays hardware.

Using the platform of the eXperience framework different tweak modules can be implemented in a straightforward manner since one does not have to account for hardware fragmentation (except for some parametric dependencies). This leads to very compact and efficient tweak modules with persistent memory footprints of around 3-5kB.

experience2zoapf.png

Since the eXperience framework has to absorb all the device dependencies and account for different hardware and kernels, the initialization of the tweak framework is the most critical step of the entire program flow and if complications due to incompatibilities arise they are most likely to surface during this step.

The initialization of the tweak framework as well as the loading/unloading of modules are all performed in memory and the eXperience app does perform any write operations outside of its designated storage space on the data partition - so especially the system partition and other critical partitions remain untouched. Therefore it is not possible to cause any damage to the device resulting in it becoming unbootable or unoperational. In the worst case scenario the app can cause a reboot or freeze of the system.

Last edited:

ruffneckZeVo

Dec 26, 2010
Whiteoak,TX
hmmmm I think it'll be good once he tells what it is logo me and glados controlled are both good apps so hopefully this will be also

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

drawde40599

Aug 11, 2010
Touchwake works on Franco And trinity kernels using this app . Great idea !!! specially for us " crackflashers" thanks for your time !

raycaster3

Apr 17, 2011
S.Ogden
Just wanna put in a plug for d2tmo. I used this on my. Galaxy nexus. I noticed support for att galaxys3 hoping for some t-mobile love. Thnx!
DARKSIDE

farfromovin

Aug 15, 2011
Oxnard, CA
I love the touchwake, but it kinda sucks to have to manually reload the modules after each reboot. Any way around this?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

DarkSorcerer

Jun 27, 2011
Porto
Hi,

The app needs update to Android 4.1.2, as modules don't work in the new version. Thank you!

Regards,

Sent from my GT-P5100 using Tapatalk 2

DarkSorcerer

Jun 27, 2011
Porto
Ezekeel has published in G+ that he has been absent because he had an accident. He's now at home, recovering, and will be back after reading all the emails and catch up with the news.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using Tapatalk 2

The Archangel

Sep 2, 2010
Virginia beach
I find it unfair that one device gets it free, but the rest of us have to pay. Personally don't think that's a good idea. I do love the concept of the app an tweaks though, hopefully I'll get a chance to test it.

tripartist1

Jan 15, 2012
Atlanta, GA
I'm on euroskank 2012.12.11 (cm10.1 kang) using Franco nightly build #344. I load the app and it starts up fine, but all options are greyed out and when I try to use the load modules my device reboots... Is that to apply the modules or does this mean that non of those modules are supported... I'm confused as its supposed to work on Franco...correct? I'm very new to kernel tweaking, so any help would be appreciated here .thanks

Ezekeel

Jun 21, 2011
I have added some technical information on how this app works to the first post.

If you had problems before, try the latest version. Also try my free eXperience Test app to determine if your not yet supported device is compatible with eXperience and if this test is successful to collect the necessary device dependent data.

Ezekeel

Jun 21, 2011
Good news everyone!

I have released eXperience Pro V1.8 adding the new Music Control tweak module for all supported devices: Control the music playback with the volume buttons. Long press of the volume up button skips to the next song, long press of the volume down button skips back to the previous song (or rewinds the currently playing song). Simultaneous long press of both volume buttons pauses the song or continues playback when paused.

Additionally I have released eXperience Test V1.1. If the device and kernel are compatible an additional check is performed whether support for this device is already implemented in the eXperience Pro app. If support for this device in not implemented yet, the user has the option to collect the necessary device-dependent data (no personal information) and send it to the author via email conveniently in one button press.

Reactions: erto90

Ezekeel

Jun 21, 2011
I have released eXperience Pro V1.9 adding support for Galaxy SIII LTE (GT-I9305), Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 (t03g), Galaxy Note 2 SCH-I605 (t0ltevzw), Galaxy SII GT-I9100 and One X endeavoru.

I also have released eXperience Test V1.2 adding these five models to the list of supported devices.

A big thanks to all users that have collected the data and send it to me!

Currently the eXperience Pro app supports 26 different hardware models and devices. I wonder how much more devices I can support simultaneously with that one app. Gotta catch them all!

If you have an Android device released last year or this year which is not yet supported by eXperience Pro, please download my free eXperience Test app and help by collecting the device-dependent data (no personal information).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    APERTURE SCIENCE proudly presents eXperience Pro.

The eXperience Pro application implements an innovative cross-device and cross-kernel tweak framework which offers a convenient modular approach for Android customizations and tweaks.

With this powerful and exciting new tool users will be able to apply various tweaks on-the-fly and independent of the running kernel. This application will put users in the position to run their favorite tweaks on whichever kernel they prefer without having to convince the corresponding kernel devs to include it. Thus by cutting out the middleman, this app will empower the users and give them a greater control about customization of their devices. Also this software will open up the world of Android tweaking for users that prefer to run the stock kernel.

Try my free eXperience Test app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=aperture.ezekeel.experiencetest) first to check whether the device and currently running kernel is compatible with the tweak framework employed in eXperience Pro.

* Nexus 4 (mako)[1][2]
    * Galaxy Nexus GSM (maguro), Verizon (toro) and Sprint (toroplus)
    * Galaxy SII (GT-I9100), Galaxy SII Skyrocket (SGH-I727) and Galaxy SII (galaxys2)
    * Galaxy SIII international (GT-I9300, m0), T-Mobile (SGH-T999, d2tmo), Verizon (qcom, d2vzw), Sprint (SPH-L710, d2spr), US Cellular (qcom, d2usc), AT&T (qcom, s2att) and LTE (GT-I9305)
    * Galaxy Note GT-N7000 and Galaxy Note SGH-I717
    * Nexus 7 WiFi (grouper) and 3G (tilapia)
    * Transformer Pad (TF700T) and Transformer Prime (TF201)
    * Galaxy Tab 8.9 (p5wifi)
    * One XL (Evita), One X AT&T, One X endeavoru
    * One S (Ville)[2]
    * Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 (t03g), SCH-I605 (t0ltevzw), SGH-T889 (t0ltetmo), GT-N7105 (t0lte), SPH-L900 (t0ltecdma) and Sprint (t0ltespr)
    * Optimus G Sprint (geehrc4g_spr_us)[1][2], Optimus G LS970 (geehrc4g)[1][2], Optimus G 4X HD LG-P880, Optimus G LG-E970[1][2]
    * Iconia A511
    * Droid Razr (XT910)
    * Galaxy Note 10.1
    * Vivid 4G
    * Raider (X710e)
    * Rezound (ADR6425LVW)
    * Galaxy Tab 7.7 (P6800) and Galaxy Tab 7.7 (GT-P6800)
    * Evo 4G Jewel[2], Evo 4G PC36100 and HTC6435LVW[2]
    * Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (GT-P5100)
    * Xperia Z (C6603)[1][2]
    * Prada LG-P940

If your device is not on the list download my free eXperience Test app which can collect the necessary device-dependent data (no personal information) and send it to the author via email conveniently in one button press.

Currently implemented tweak modules:
    * Touchwake (all devices): When the screen times out one can simply touch the screen to activate it which is much more convenient than pressing the power button - especially great for tablets.
    * Music Control (all devices): Control the music playback with the volume buttons. Long press of the volume up button skips to the next song, long press of the volume down button skips back to the previous song (or rewinds the currently playing song). Simultaneous long press of both volume buttons pauses the song or continues playback when paused.
    * CPU Control (only devices marked with [1]): Adjust the voltages for the different CPU frequency steps.
    * Volume Control (only devices marked with [2]): Adjust the output volume of the headphones and device internal speaker and the input volume of the camcorder and handset microphones.

**** IMPORTANT ****
    Some custom ROMs come with a broken version of su and/or busybox. If you experience any problems with the app, before reporting the issue first try to fix it by installing Stericson's busybox (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=stericson.busybox) and SuperSU (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.supersu) and then updating the su binary in the SuperSU app.

Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=aperture.ezekeel.experiencepro
    Android Pit: http://www.androidpit.com/en/android/market/apps/app/aperture.ezekeel.experience/eXperiencepro

Some technical info on how all of this works:

On app start as the first action the program checks whether the eXperience tweak framework is running or not. If the framework is not already running it is initialized in memory.

The eXperience framework interacts with the underlying system and acts as a device-independent layer which both handles the loading and unloading of individual tweak modules and also communication with these modules. Since this framework does not rely on any persistent daemons or other background processes there is no effect on performance of the device or battery drain. Also the persistent memory footprint of the eXperience framework in only around 4kB which is negligible on todays hardware.

Using the platform of the eXperience framework different tweak modules can be implemented in a straightforward manner since one does not have to account for hardware fragmentation (except for some parametric dependencies). This leads to very compact and efficient tweak modules with persistent memory footprints of around 3-5kB.

experience2zoapf.png

Since the eXperience framework has to absorb all the device dependencies and account for different hardware and kernels, the initialization of the tweak framework is the most critical step of the entire program flow and if complications due to incompatibilities arise they are most likely to surface during this step.

The initialization of the tweak framework as well as the loading/unloading of modules are all performed in memory and the eXperience app does perform any write operations outside of its designated storage space on the data partition - so especially the system partition and other critical partitions remain untouched. Therefore it is not possible to cause any damage to the device resulting in it becoming unbootable or unoperational. In the worst case scenario the app can cause a reboot or freeze of the system.
    I have added some technical information on how this app works to the first post.

If you had problems before, try the latest version. Also try my free eXperience Test app to determine if your not yet supported device is compatible with eXperience and if this test is successful to collect the necessary device dependent data.
    I have released eXperience Pro V1.9 adding support for Galaxy SIII LTE (GT-I9305), Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 (t03g), Galaxy Note 2 SCH-I605 (t0ltevzw), Galaxy SII GT-I9100 and One X endeavoru.

I also have released eXperience Test V1.2 adding these five models to the list of supported devices.

A big thanks to all users that have collected the data and send it to me!

Currently the eXperience Pro app supports 26 different hardware models and devices. I wonder how much more devices I can support simultaneously with that one app. Gotta catch them all!

If you have an Android device released last year or this year which is not yet supported by eXperience Pro, please download my free eXperience Test app and help by collecting the device-dependent data (no personal information).
    Good news everyone!

I have released eXperience Pro V1.8 adding the new Music Control tweak module for all supported devices: Control the music playback with the volume buttons. Long press of the volume up button skips to the next song, long press of the volume down button skips back to the previous song (or rewinds the currently playing song). Simultaneous long press of both volume buttons pauses the song or continues playback when paused.

Additionally I have released eXperience Test V1.1. If the device and kernel are compatible an additional check is performed whether support for this device is already implemented in the eXperience Pro app. If support for this device in not implemented yet, the user has the option to collect the necessary device-dependent data (no personal information) and send it to the author via email conveniently in one button press.
    I have released eXperience Pro V1.10 adding support for the Galaxy Note 2 SGH-T889 (t0ltetmo), Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7105 (t0lte), Galaxy Note 2 SPH-L900 (t0ltecdma), Evo 4G Jewel, HTC6435LVW, Optimus G Sprint (geehrc4g_spr_us), Optimus G LS970 (geehrc4g), Optimus G 4X HD LG-P880, Optimus G LG-E970 and Iconia A511.