[APP][2.3+] Lux Auto Brightness

599 posts
Thanks Meter: 653

By Cyb3rGlitch, Senior Member on 19th October 2012, 11:58 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th December 2015, 07:39 PM |#2001  
Thanks Meter: 209

More
I have had to disable overlay to check SuperSU notifications and now have lux force closing. I am unsure of how to proceed with getting the app to work again. Can anyone provide some help?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

9th December 2015, 09:24 PM |#2002  
Flag rio de janeiro
Thanks Meter: 4

More
good, but on games like pokerstars, if lux is running, touch don't work
15th December 2015, 09:25 AM |#2003  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Lux blocks "Install" button
Update: Nevermind. I just found the sleep list (with Package Installer already there) and the special instructions for Android 5.
===============
I signed up for the BitBucket acct to see if this was in the bag tracker, but got "Access denied."

When Lux is running, I cannot install apps from Package Installer. The "Install" button is blocked. The "Cancel" button works. I recall having this issue years ago with my Samsung Tab 2 and an Automatic Brightness app. Lux version 1.0-2015-09-08I running on a Zenpad S 8, Android 5.0.

It would be nice if the Lux interface had a Disable button to test for touch blocks. Would save having to drill down thru Config > Advanced > Disable Service.
15th December 2015, 03:10 PM |#2004  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
For a few weeks before upgrading my Nexus 6 to Marshmallow, Lux would have a problem adjusting brightness.
When switching from one app to another, Lux would jump to 100% and stay there. It would not adjust down again unless I switched to manual and back to auto. It happens regardless of the app I'm in, and regardless of what I switch to (another app or just the home screen).
I seems, perhaps, that it happens more when it's starting from a low light level than from a high light level, but it's hard to say.
I've removed and reinstalled to no success.
Any ideas anyone?
15th December 2015, 05:06 PM |#2005  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcrandon

When switching from one app to another, Lux would jump to 100% and stay there. It would not adjust down again unless I switched to manual and back to auto.

Have you tried setting the adjustment mode to 'dynamic'? I always use it or in that mode, it works well for me.
16th December 2015, 11:24 AM |#2006  
Thanks Meter: 1,118

Donate to Me
More
Sleep mode list of app is not being kept after reboot, i.e., the exceptions cannot be permanent... Is it a bug?
19th December 2015, 08:13 AM |#2007  
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 3,329

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMikeP

Update: Nevermind. I just found the sleep list (with Package Installer aleasdy there) and the special instructions for Android 5.
===============
I signed up for the BitBucket acct to see if this was in the bag tracker, but got "Access denied."

When Lux is running, I cannot install apps from Package Installer. The "Install" button is blocked. The "Cancel" button works. I recall having this issue years ago with my Samsung Tab 2 and an Automatic Brightness app. Lux version 1.0-2015-09-08I running on a Zenpad S 8, Android 5.0.

It would be nice if the Lux interface had a Disable button to test for touch blocks. Would save having to drill down thru Config > Advanced > Disable Service.

Just hit sleep on notification.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
19th December 2015, 05:14 PM |#2008  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZDeuce2

Just hit sleep on notification.

Tnx. Could. Except I had disabled Lux notifications. I've gone back to manual brightness anyway - for some reason, Lux doesn't always set brightness to max in the sunshine, which is when I need it to work most.
19th December 2015, 08:28 PM |#2009  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:

Tnx. Could. Except I had disabled Lux notifications. I've gone back to manual brightness anyway - for some reason, Lux doesn't always set brightness to max in the sunshine, which is when I need it to work most.

Have you tried setting a brightness 'link' under bright conditions but when it doesn't give you full brightness? If you set that to max brightness, it should give it to you.
19th December 2015, 11:12 PM |#2010  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by caffeinated.pants

Have you tried setting a brightness 'link' under bright conditions but when it doesn't give you full brightness? If you set that to max brightness, it should give it to you.

Yeah, I know it should. It seems to work okay (so far) on my old Gal Tab 2. But something hangs it on my new Zenpad S. It might be some Asus specific power management utility, although I've given Lux permission. Or maybe a race condition between Asus's auto dim & Lux? I'm back to trying it on "Wake," which, so far, seems to work okay. (Although "Dynamic" is the nicer option.)

Update: I did a "Clear sttings" from inside Lux. That seems to have fixed the problem.
25th December 2015, 02:02 AM |#2011  
California
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:

Update: Nevermind. I just found the sleep list (with Package Installer already there) and the special instructions for Android 5.
===============

What are the special instructions for Android 5?? I'm on 6.0.1 on my Nexus 6 and I still get the overlay message for Installer and Instagram even though I have them on the sleep list.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)