Verizon Galaxy Note 3 bricked?

Search This thread

luckychalmz

Jan 31, 2014
I think I may have bricked my phone, possibly a softbrick? I was using Odin3 v3.09 with Root de la vega for my Verizon Galaxy Note 3, Model SM-N900V. The tutorial I was using said it was for my phone, I followed all the instructions, and I got fail the first time using the stock cord that came with it so I tried again and used a regular usb 2.0 cord and got a fail the second time.

This is the text from Odin.

Code:
<ID:0/004> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Root_de_la_Vega.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/004> cache.img.ext4
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!! 
<ID:0/004> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/004> 
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

This is the text on my phone.

Code:
Odin Mode
Product Name: SM-N900V
Current Binary: Samsung Official
System Status: Official
[COLOR="Gray"]KNOX Kernal Lock: 0x0
KNOW Warranty Void: 0x0
QualCOMM SecureBoot: Enable (CSB)
RP SWREV: S1, T1, R1, A2, P1
Write Protection: Enable[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]Secure Check Fail: cache[/COLOR]

I am assuming I am going to need to flash the phone back to a stock firmware but I am not sure which one I should be using, or how to go about doing that exactly as well. I have rooted/unrooted phones in the past. I have also flashed my old phones as well, but I don't remember how to nor can I seem to figure it out with this phone. If someone could point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate the help. I am trying to put the HyperDrive ROM on my phone.

luckychalmz

Jan 31, 2014
Update!

I came accross this method, http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2483380

I followed the instructions on flashing to stock with Odin and I didn't have any luck in getting it to work. I downloaded the MI9 tar.md5 file, and the pit file selected them in there proper spots in the program and ran it. I got this error.

Code:
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> ALL_N900VVRUBMI9_N900VVZWMI9_1671014_REV03_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/004> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/004> sbl1.mbn
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!! 
<ID:0/004> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/004> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/004> 
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.

and this error on my phone

SW REV CHECK FAIL : (aboot)Fused 2 > Binary 1

G

GuestK00143

This should be a easy fix. Enter recovery mode by powering down the phone then holding the home button, vol up and the power button. Hold down all three buttons until you see recovery booting on the top in blue. The phone will reboot into recovery and then scroll to wipe data/factory reset with the vol down key and then press the power button and wait until it completes the reset. Now you should be good to go again. This will wipe all data but you will have your phone back.

luckychalmz

Jan 31, 2014
This should be a easy fix. Enter recovery mode by powering down the phone then holding the home button, vol up and the power button. Hold down all three buttons until you see recovery booting on the top in blue. The phone will reboot into recovery and then scroll to wipe data/factory reset with the vol down key and then press the power button and wait until it completes the reset. Now you should be good to go again. This will wipe all data but you will have your phone back.

When I do that I get a screen that says,

"Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please use Software Repair Assistant & try again."

technoshima

Feb 2, 2014
I know a much faster,simpler and less data-damaging wau

You use odin to flash the PIT (keep the default 3 boxes that are auto-checked when you select the PIT file). It is only a couple MB and will fix your phone up in a jiff. You can flash the PIT with odin when the screen with the two exclamation signs is on and the phone is connected via USB. This is where I got mine for the note 3 verizon, got mine just last week, which was january 26th or something. androidfilehost com / ? fid= 23159073880936457 so just remove all spaces from that and paste it into the omnibar and g2g!

fanatic4hockey

Apr 28, 2008
You use odin to flash the PIT (keep the default 3 boxes that are auto-checked when you select the PIT file). It is only a couple MB and will fix your phone up in a jiff. You can flash the PIT with odin when the screen with the two exclamation signs is on and the phone is connected via USB. This is where I got mine for the note 3 verizon, got mine just last week, which was january 26th or something. androidfilehost com / ? fid= 23159073880936457 so just remove all spaces from that and paste it into the omnibar and g2g!

You my friend, are a genius!!! I was crapping my pants thinking it was over. Thanks a bunch. And yes, it is a much, much faster download than that MJE that took forever to download.

Kudos again, my friend.

McGlockin

Dec 3, 2010
Still having issue with Samsung Write Protection

You my friend, are a genius!!! I was crapping my pants thinking it was over. Thanks a bunch. And yes, it is a much, much faster download than that MJE that took forever to download.

Kudos again, my friend.

I was able to flash the PIT file with Odin like you said which enabled me to get back to recovery, but I am still having issues with the Samsung Write protection being enabled (which is preventing me from flashing anything with Safestrap including trying to fully wipe and restart). I found out after attempting to flash my verizon note 3 that the write protection was an option that needed to be unchecked on the phone before flashing. Now I can't change it without being able to login all the way into the phone. Are there any options out there to change the write feature outside of being able to actually load the phone, like ADB?

vampirelife

Nov 28, 2014
That fixed it, thank you. Appreciate your help.

Hi guys
I need some help I rooted my Verizon Note 3 and is stock on:
Odin Mode Please see attached image

When I ran these files : ALL_N900VVRUBMI9_N900VVZWMI9_1671014_REV03_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
DevEdition_P900v_MJE_StockRestore.tar.md5HLTE_USA_VZW_32G.pit on odin3

I got this error.
Please advice.

ALL_N900VVRUBMI9_N900VVZWMI9_1671014_REV03_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
DevEdition_P900v_MJE_StockRestore.tar.md5HLTE_USA_VZW_32G.pit

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> ALL_N900VVRUBMI9_N900VVZWMI9_1671014_REV03_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/005> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/005> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/005> sbl1.mbn
<ID:0/005> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/005> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/005> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/005>
<ID:0/005> Complete(Write) operation failed.

McGlockin

Dec 3, 2010
Hi guys
I need some help I rooted my Verizon Note 3 and is stock on:
Odin Mode Please see attached image

When I ran these files : ALL_N900VVRUBMI9_N900VVZWMI9_1671014_REV03_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
DevEdition_P900v_MJE_StockRestore.tar.md5HLTE_USA_VZW_32G.pit on odin3

I got this error.
Please advice.

ALL_N900VVRUBMI9_N900VVZWMI9_1671014_REV03_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
DevEdition_P900v_MJE_StockRestore.tar.md5HLTE_USA_VZW_32G.pit

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/005> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/005> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/005> sbl1.mbn
<ID:0/005> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/005> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/005> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/005>
<ID:0/005> Complete(Write) operation failed.

Looks similar to what I was getting from Odin. Did you have to uncheck the write protection in your phone settings before flashing anything? Someone told me that might be the cause of what happened with mine since I didn't even hear about doing so until I had already attempted to flash my phone.

marcotheclepto

Jun 19, 2015
im also getting a fail just after aboot. I originally attempted to install the deodex version on kitkat and originally was still able to access safestrap.
I have tried flashing every rom i can get my hands on over odin. ive tried making a recovery from my other note 3 via safestrap and swapping the micro sd over to this one. did not show up when i went to ss recover. so i booted to recovery cleared cache. still got aboot failed(auth) so i booted to recovery again and cleared everything except data. (including system) now i cant access SS any longer. get stuck on bootload screen or get verizon sofware assistant message. still unable to flash roms via oden i have tried everything but lollipop and odin versions 3.9 3.7 3.10
im am completely lost. im almost ready to ship it to someone to fix it for me.

donc113

Jul 27, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I think I may have bricked my phone, possibly a softbrick? I was using Odin3 v3.09 with Root de la vega for my Verizon Galaxy Note 3, Model SM-N900V. The tutorial I was using said it was for my phone, I followed all the instructions, and I got fail the first time using the stock cord that came with it so I tried again and used a regular usb 2.0 cord and got a fail the second time.

This is the text from Odin.

Code:
 Added!!
 Enter CS for MD5..
 Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
 Please wait..
 Root_de_la_Vega.tar.md5 is valid.
 Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
 Leave CS..
 Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
 File analysis..
 SetupConnection..
 Initialzation..
 Get PIT for mapping..
 Firmware update start..
 SingleDownload.
 cache.img.ext4
 NAND Write Start!! 
 FAIL! (Auth)

Complete(Write) operation failed.
 All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

This is the text on my phone.

Code:
Odin Mode
Product Name: SM-N900V
Current Binary: Samsung Official
System Status: Official
[COLOR="Gray"]KNOX Kernal Lock: 0x0
KNOW Warranty Void: 0x0
QualCOMM SecureBoot: Enable (CSB)
RP SWREV: S1, T1, R1, A2, P1
Write Protection: Enable[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]Secure Check Fail: cache[/COLOR]

I am assuming I am going to need to flash the phone back to a stock firmware but I am not sure which one I should be using, or how to go about doing that exactly as well. I have rooted/unrooted phones in the past. I have also flashed my old phones as well, but I don't remember how to nor can I seem to figure it out with this phone. If someone could point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate the help. I am trying to put the HyperDrive ROM on my phone.

Before you started this...what version of android were you using? You must flash the last version you had running or higher.

Get the firmware from here

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/SM-N900V/

instructions are also there

You can also try having Verizon reflash it or at the Samsung section of your local best buy

I'm gonna bump this in the hopes someone sees it and can help me.

Sent from my Note 3 via Tapatalk

marcotheclepto

Jun 19, 2015
Before you started this...what version of android were you using? You must flash the last version you had running or higher.

Get the firmware from here

instructions are also there

You can also try having Verizon reflash it or at the Samsung section of your local best buy

Sent from my Note 3 via Tapatalk

thanks, im just jumping straight to 5.0 and hoping for the best. half hour left on the download. fingers crossed

*update* it seems the newer version was the answer for me... now to find a way to root it on lolipop... whole point was originally to get hyperdrive and get some headphone software worth using.

Last edited: