Windows Phone 7.8 Deepshining BETA ROM - NO SCAM

Search This thread

dotcompt

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2008
Porto
twitter.com
HI guys,

Welcome to the first Windows Phone 7.8 BETA ROM. No this is not a scam it is the real thing. So, if you do not want to wait several months before Microsoft release it you should give it a try.

THINGS TO BE AWARE:

1. . OS Version: 7.10.8835.35
  2. . ONLY FOR HTC HD7 (I will try to port it to other devices as soon as I have some free time)
  3. . Available languages: only English
  4. . You can now have the the new Windows Phone 8 Start Screen.
  5. . I did not test it properly, I was in a hurry to share with you guys. :fingers-crossed:
  6. . For sure, it is still a Microsoft Beta Build so some thing may not work, specially in none Nokia Devices.
  7. . The Rom was dumped from a Nokia device and is based on Tango 12180, because it won't boot if we use WP 7.8 kernel.dll and probably most 3d party apps from Marketplace might crash.
  8. . The Rom is almost untouched, this means it is not full unlocked or rooted and homebrew apps will not work (for now :D). It has only a few Deepshining customizations.
  9. . You can always flash back a WP7.5 Rom if you wish.

PLEASE dont flame if Rom is bugged or some things do not work. This is what I got now and I haven´t change it too much but it a start for future versions

newwindowsphone8wallpap.png

Links removed

Explore the ROM and share your thoughts. What did you find except the new Start Screen?

BTW: Support my work if you want me to keep going

Have fun !!!
dot

Last edited:

Jaxbot

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 14, 2009
windowsphonehacker.com
HI guys,

Welcome to the first Windows Phone 7.8 BETA ROM. No this is not a scam it is the real thing. So, if you do not want to wait several months before Microsoft release it you should give it a try.

THINGS TO BE AWARE:

2. . ONLY FOR HTC HD7 (I will try to port it to other devices as soon as I have some free time)
  5. . I did not test it properly, I was in a hurry to share with you guys. :fingers-crossed:
  6. . For sure, it is still a Microsoft Beta Build so some thing may not work, specially in none Nokia Devices.
  7. . The Rom was dumped from a Nokia device and is based on Tango 12180, because it won't boot if we use WP 7.8 kernel.dll and probably most 3d party apps from Marketplace might crash.
  8. . The Rom is almost untouched, this means it is not full unlocked or rooted and homebrew apps will not work (for now :D). It has only a few Deepshining customizations.

PLEASE dont flame if Rom is bugged or some things do not work. This is what I got now and I haven´t change it too much but it a start for future versions

>>> DOWNLOAD DEEPSHINING WINDOWS PHONE 7.8 BETA ROM HERE
>>> Mirror soon

Explore the ROM and share your thoughts. What did you find except the new Start Screen?

Have fun !!!
dot

Awesome. Here's some pics for proof :p

http://windowsphonehacker.com/artic...rom_leaked_and_available_for_htc_hd7-09-18-12

hd7_78_1.jpg

hd7_78_2.jpg

nanoware

Dec 27, 2007
Texas
interesting ...... i just think that microsoft should do a beta of 7.8 like they did with mango last summer....

mikeeam

May 26, 2010
They just ditched us and said "lets pretend we care, and you guys buy a new one happyli".
They will not release any beta. Bet it.

tonytoronto

Aug 3, 2009
virgin HD7

So, questions :)

Have a T-Mobile HD-7 (running it on Wind-Canada) and stuck at latest oem firmware (.8107), does the annoying no connection bug when wi-fi and 3G are both on bug, still exist? Its driving me nuts, i would flash just to get that fixed.
Other than backup, does one need to do anything before flashing this rom? My hd7 still a virgin, i haven't done anything to it other than OEM updates.
Thanks, and
Obrigado for all the hard work.

savage25rcracer

Apr 21, 2008
So, questions :)

Have a T-Mobile HD-7 (running it on Wind-Canada) and stuck at latest oem firmware (.8107), does the annoying no connection bug when wi-fi and 3G are both on bug, still exist? Its driving me nuts, i would flash just to get that fixed.
Other than backup, does one need to do anything before flashing this rom? My hd7 still a virgin, i haven't done anything to it other than OEM updates.
Thanks, and
Obrigado for all the hard work.

I would not recommend starting with this rom, it is a beta of an unreleased OS. (only for testing not stable for everyday use)
Start Here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1196261
that will get you phone ready to "flash" a custom ROM
then flash this rom for now: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1271118

Jaxbot

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 14, 2009
windowsphonehacker.com

Dinchy87

Aug 9, 2011
Živinice
until the final official release is there hope to get only the start screen on a "working" ROM?! on devices like HTC 7 Pro? I would like to have only the start screen, i dont need new features, until the official release. But then again i dont need some extra functions :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HI guys,

THINGS TO BE AWARE:

Links removed

Have fun !!!
    dot
    HI guys,

THINGS TO BE AWARE:

>>> DOWNLOAD DEEPSHINING WINDOWS PHONE 7.8 BETA ROM HERE
    >>> Mirror soon

Have fun !!!
    dot

Awesome. Here's some pics for proof :p

http://windowsphonehacker.com/artic...rom_leaked_and_available_for_htc_hd7-09-18-12

hd7_78_1.jpg

hd7_78_2.jpg
    Hey,

can i add an another language to this rom from the tango language packs?

Next Deepshining Rom version (to be released in minutes) will have all languages available.
    Check HD7 thread to download

Other HTC devices will soon have it to.

Thanks
    dot
    So besides the start screen, is there anything new?

Nothing really new, this must be an early build. One thing it bugs me is that Themes do not work so probably we might have something new related with themes soon
    Hi dotcompt,I'm Thai. I can't use "nativekb_4rows_notety_edition_v2.2"(Thai keyboard) for new rom (7.8).Please help. And thanks a lot.
    You are great !