[Q] Nexus shutting down at 57% battery ?

Search This thread

fergiet

Jan 5, 2012
Edinburgh
Hi,

My Nexus been great since I got it about 3 months ago. On stock KK, unlocked and rooted. But today it just shut down. There was a message on screen but it closed off straight away and I could not read it. Plugged it in thinking the battery was low but on boot it's at 57%. It ran for a few minutes then the message "attach charger " appeared and it shut down again.

So it's plugged in again and I will let it get to 100%.

Is this a known issue ? Does anyone have a similar issue ?

AarSyl

I have heard about random spikes which would randomly report the battery as being 90%+ in the battery stats. Could this be a random drop in the battery voltage? Maybe....

Tablet: ASUS Nexus 7.2
Rooted, Custom Rom & Kernel

Ned_Flanders

Sep 2, 2011
Not sure if related or not but have read somewhere about the N7 turning off with plenty of battery, and then 5 flashing lights. I dont think I saw the solution but I remember people saying it was either due to a faulty charger unit, or if you have the N7 inside a case with any metal parts it cut be interfering with the battery for example (kind of like what aarsyl said about the spikes), hence possibly the random shutdown.

As I say possibly unrelated, but if you are using a case try leaving it out for a while, and if you are charging make sure to use a genuine Asus Nexus 7 charger.

Just some ideas maybe :p

fergiet

Jan 5, 2012
Edinburgh
My Nexus is in the official Nexus Case (Christmas pressie) and I only ever use the official charger.

I have done a factory reset so will see what happens over the next few days.