Tempered glass screen protectors...

Search This thread

wifiguru

Mar 8, 2008
Seattle, WA
Hahaha! Yeah... They have to pitch these things some how (RIP Billy Mays)

But really, these protectors are the way to go. I will never use a plastic screen protector again.

wavrunrx

Jul 14, 2011
Naah, I like my wet-applied TPU protectors, they never ever ever get dust stuck between it and the screen.

the trick to installing these glass protectors is this:

turn your shower on to its hottest water setting; close the door.
go back in 10 minutes.
install the screen protector in your bathroom, with the door closed.

sounds nutty, but the condensation in the air attaches to any particulate matter in the air, and sticks it to the walls, or the floor;

not your screen :good:

npaladin2000

Jul 6, 2009
Wappingers Falls

go back in 10 minutes.

sounds nutty, but the condensation in the air attaches to any particulate matter in the air, and sticks it to the walls, or the floor;

You're right. It does sound nutty. :cyclops:

wavrunrx

Jul 14, 2011

for those in the know however; it is *the* way to do it properly.
that is unless you have access to one of these

Clean_room.jpg

npaladin2000

Jul 6, 2009
Wappingers Falls

Clean_room.jpg

That's about 10 times the size of my bathroom (which partially explains why I think it's nutty to be messing with a phone in there).

Then again, I actually did have access to a dust-free clean room about 10 years ago, when I was working for IBM.

Maybe what's needed is a small dust-free chamber to do these things. We could make a fortune selling them. :D

Reactions: wavrunrx

BACARDILIMON

Jun 12, 2010
MASTIC BEACH NY

go back in 10 minutes.

That's how I do it.

IXChicharitoXI

Aug 3, 2012

go back in 10 minutes.

Do you leave your phone in there while the water is running or do you bring it with you when you walk in?

wavrunrx

Jul 14, 2011
Do you leave your phone in there while the water is running or do you bring it with you when you walk in?

take it with you;
the plan is to remove materials in the air by adding condensation to weigh them down, not to 'hydrate' your phones screen; it probably wouldn't hurt; but i wouldn't do it as the condensation that accumulates on the screen is going to have to evaporate some time, and i dont want to know what the effects of that are after ive installed the s/p

Reactions: IXChicharitoXI

robosiris

I had to make a conscious decision and remove my screen Protectors. I tried a few and even some privacy screen Protectors. but most if not all of them desensitized the touch screen about 20% percent of the time. Plus, I love the gorgeous screen and vibrant colors hehe.

KING SKILLZ

Jun 21, 2007
NYC
bought the zagg one from bestbuy, doesn't even come close to fitting the screen. short on one side and at the top and bottom when applied, if not for the box i would swear this was not made for this device!, that is how off the sizing is, application on the other hand was not only easy but bubble and dust free.

Reactions: jclu52

shook187

Oct 1, 2010
Haverhill MA
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
bought the zagg one from bestbuy, doesn't even come close to fitting the screen. short on one side and at the top and bottom when applied, if not for the box i would swear this was not made for this device!, that is how off the sizing is, application on the other hand was not only easy but bubble and dust free.

So glad I read this. I was just ready to leave the house and try this protector out... Oh well I might try out those cheaper ones on Amazon

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

1timer

Dec 19, 2010
So glad I read this. I was just ready to leave the house and try this protector out... Oh well I might try out those cheaper ones on Amazon

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Zagg protectors aren't the best. I had one put on at a best buy by an employee a fam member's S3 last year and she had to go through 4 boxes to find one that fit correctly. Lol, $60 of protectors down the drain for Best Buy!

BACARDILIMON

Jun 12, 2010
MASTIC BEACH NY
Just got the one from Amazon but can't be used with otter box. Even if I remove the otter box screen protector it is still to thick. It a nice screen protector tho. Fits exactly perfect

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Naah, I like my wet-applied TPU protectors, they never ever ever get dust stuck between it and the screen.

go back in 10 minutes.

These are way better than the plastic crap that is dominant.

I've bought a couple of these. They are $8.95 on Amazon Prime:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KGSW734/

I've also had one on my HTC One m8. Works awesome, and the feel... feels like glass.

Clean_room.jpg

Clean_room.jpg

That's about 10 times the size of my bathroom (which partially explains why I think it's nutty to be messing with a phone in there).

Then again, I actually did have access to a dust-free clean room about 10 years ago, when I was working for IBM.

Maybe what's needed is a small dust-free chamber to do these things. We could make a fortune selling them. :D

take it with you;
    the plan is to remove materials in the air by adding condensation to weigh them down, not to 'hydrate' your phones screen; it probably wouldn't hurt; but i wouldn't do it as the condensation that accumulates on the screen is going to have to evaporate some time, and i dont want to know what the effects of that are after ive installed the s/p