FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Video Review Win A Trip

View Poll Results: Will you Attempt this?

Yes

3 Vote(s)
100.00%
No

0 Vote(s)
0%
Post Reply Email Thread
Alright, so one of my buddies that works at T-Mobile, he Claims that as long as your phone is on Stock (Or looks like Stock) you should be able to turn your phone in for a Replacement or towards a different phone with Jump.

Obviously the phone I will be attempting to trade in has its Knox_Warranty flag at 0x1

I am going to try this tomorrow with one of my S4's that I unrooted today and back to 4.3 Stock. Anyone that has been curious on Replacement or upgrading with Jump etc, I should find out tomorrow hopefully. Wish me luck.

I will post results when I get back!
The Following User Says Thank You to Sypher114 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sypher114 Ad-Free
22nd April 2014, 06:38 AM |#2  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 1,496

More
I wouldn't worry. I did a warranty exchange cause the back camera stopped working. All I did was Odin back to stock.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
22nd April 2014, 06:40 AM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Ontario
Thanks Meter: 107

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android_Monsters

I wouldn't worry. I did a warranty exchange cause the back camera stopped working. All I did was Odin back to stock.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Since you put it that way, it should be a walk in the park then
22nd April 2014, 06:11 PM |#4  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 1,143

More
Do post your result, but I think it should be ok

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
23rd April 2014, 12:07 AM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Ontario
Thanks Meter: 107

More
It was accepted! Got me a iPhone. Never had one so im gonna try one out. So GS4 and iPhone for me lol
23rd April 2014, 12:46 AM |#6  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 1,143

More
Thought so, but now I'll feel more confident when I go trade mine in

23rd April 2014, 01:22 AM |#7  
Flag Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 24

Donate to Me
More
Wink
I have a friend who works at a store, I asked him if they are told to look for anything (customization, etc) or even check the bootloader.

He said the only thing they are told to look for is water damage, other than that they don't care. All they do when you Jump is send the phone back and i'm assuming TM just erases everything and resets the device before sending it out as a refurb one.

Just upgraded my phone, no problems, you're good to go
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TripFlex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TripFlex Ad-Free
23rd April 2014, 03:36 PM |#8  
Flag Modesto, Cali
Thanks Meter: 1,355

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripFlex

I have a friend who works at a store, I asked him if they are told to look for anything (customization, etc) or even check the bootloader.

He said the only thing they are told to look for is water damage, other than that they don't care. All they do when you Jump is send the phone back and i'm assuming TM just erases everything and resets the device before sending it out as a refurb one.

Just upgraded my phone, no problems, you're good to go

Are you saying, I could return my phone on GE for my jump upgrade and it will be accepted?

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC running Lollipop
23rd April 2014, 04:13 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 5,270

Donate to Me
More
I'm actually glad to hear this. I may go and flash the latest bootloader so I can have everything up to date.

Just to make sure, if knox IS tripped, it does not effect the status of your warranty through T-Mobile? Meaning if something were to go wrong with my phone I won't have any issues getting a warrant replacement?

23rd April 2014, 06:13 PM |#10  
Flag Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 24

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopDoGG79

Are you saying, I could return my phone on GE for my jump upgrade and it will be accepted?

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC running Lollipop

What do you mean return phone on GE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb

I'm actually glad to hear this. I may go and flash the latest bootloader so I can have everything up to date.

Just to make sure, if knox IS tripped, it does not effect the status of your warranty through T-Mobile? Meaning if something were to go wrong with my phone I won't have any issues getting a warrant replacement?

I mean I don't know the specifics, i'm sure if you actually asked T-Mobile if it voids the warranty they would say yes, all i'm saying is if you take the phone to use the Jump program they don't even look at the bootloader, most of those guys don't even know how to get into Download Mode let alone check it.

I would say No I don't think you would have a problem, but you never know, the decision is up to you.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)