cm or ms2ginger?

Search This thread

daede86

Oct 16, 2010
Milano
hi guys!!

i'd like just to ask you your opinion, hoping this is the right forum section :)

do you think is cm better than ms2ginger??
i know it's a huge question to ask, but maybe just some feedback about battery life and speed (maybe with quadrant values..)

i have a defy+ and after some time with miui pikachu (i really loved it), i switched to cm white rabbit (i love it even more). i have tried 1.3, 1.4 and 1.5 version and i think the best one is the 1.3, the rom i'm currently using!
great battery life (2 days with traffic data on, lots of whatsapp messages, some facebook, some browsing, sms and calls) and 1900/1950 on quadrant!

i'm really curious about ms2ginger, after the last months switching rom every 2 days i'm start gettin tired :)

thanks guys!!

bye

daede86

Oct 16, 2010
Milano
ah sorry, i've completely forgot.. the only bug i have with wr 1.3 is a small delay opening the facebook app.. sometime it freezes but not often! i don't know if it's a wr or a facebook app issue.. just want to share with you guys!

paszczaq

Feb 20, 2012
Warsaw
I did use MS2Ginger for couple of days, but now for about 4 weeks i'm pretty happy with CM 7.2 RC1 - stable, fast and pretty good battery life. In my opinion CM is faster than MS2Ginger, just in normal use.

daede86

Oct 16, 2010
Milano
i'm really curious on cm9! so do you think i should try it? is it ready for everyday use?? is the battery life long like cm7?

last question.. :)

should i use quartz or epsilon version?

thanks everyone!

rgadge

May 25, 2011
New Delhi
profiles.google.com
i'm really curious on cm9! so do you think i should try it? is it ready for everyday use?? is the battery life long like cm7?

last question.. :)

should i use quartz or epsilon version?

thanks everyone!

Give it a try ans feel the difference yourself. For me, yes CM9 is the best ROM for my daily use. :D

About Quarx or Epsylon; Both devs are awesome with their ROMs however, IMO as Epsylon's build are regularly updated these days that's why I'm currently using Epsylon's. :)

daede86

Oct 16, 2010
Milano
Thanks mate!
Then I'll give it a try, maybe with muliboot cm white rabbit and epsilon pics!
I need to do some research to learn how to multiboot and I'll do it!
Let you know!

rgadge

May 25, 2011
New Delhi
profiles.google.com
Reactions: daede86

esok44

Feb 1, 2011
If you'll try it in multiboot, be aware, that if cm9 is the second boot system, you won't be able to acces root.
At least i havent been ;)
There should have been a point in the settings, where you should have the possibility, but it wasnt there. Other user on xda, had the same problem.

This was the main reason for me to have cm9 as primary instead of White Rabbit.
I then saw how good it is and didnt install a second boot rom ;)

Reactions: daede86

daede86

Oct 16, 2010
Milano
mmm ok then i'll try directly cm9 for some days and then decide!! it's even easier.. i'm starting getting lazy :)

just the last question about cm9:
i've read some users have big battery drop with the latest versions.. have you experienced something like that???
because in my wr battery is awesome! :)

thanks again guys!!!

rgadge

May 25, 2011
New Delhi
profiles.google.com
mmm ok then i'll try directly cm9 for some days and then decide!! it's even easier.. i'm starting getting lazy :)

just the last question about cm9:
i've read some users have big battery drop with the latest versions.. have you experienced something like that???
because in my wr battery is awesome! :)

thanks again guys!!!

We are here to share. Sharing is Caring! ;)

I'm using the latest version released on 16th April (My Birthday :D) and yeah I also feel the battery doesn't last that much as it was in the 6th April build. :(

Also I 'm facing slow keylock response at times.

Last edited:

daede86

Oct 16, 2010
Milano
sharing is caring.. i like it :)

i've tried the latest epsilon cm9 build and i really like it! better than i thought for sure.. really nice UI!

but i have to say it.. it's still a bit slow.. i'm waiting for the latest release of white rabbit plus 1.5.1 this weekend and i'll go back to cm7! it's so smooth and fast... you should give it a try, it's the best rom so far (speaking about the 1.3, i still have to test the 1.5.1)

i'll wait few months more and i'll test again cm9

byebye

rgadge

May 25, 2011
New Delhi
profiles.google.com
sharing is caring.. i like it :)

i've tried the latest epsilon cm9 build and i really like it! better than i thought for sure.. really nice UI!

but i have to say it.. it's still a bit slow.. i'm waiting for the latest release of white rabbit plus 1.5.1 this weekend and i'll go back to cm7! it's so smooth and fast... you should give it a try, it's the best rom so far (speaking about the 1.3, i still have to test the 1.5.1)

i'll wait few months more and i'll test again cm9

byebye

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm downloading WhiteRabbit Edition v.1.5.1.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    try CM9 ^^

faster than any other rom ;)

video record is buggy :(

but otherwise rom is pretty stable :eek:
    Thanks mate!
    Then I'll give it a try, maybe with muliboot cm white rabbit and epsilon pics!
    I need to do some research to learn how to multiboot and I'll do it!
    Let you know!

My pleasure. You know what Sharing is Caring! Lol :D

Anyways you may refer to the following article for Multiboot:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1375156

Good Luck! ;)
    If you'll try it in multiboot, be aware, that if cm9 is the second boot system, you won't be able to acces root.
    At least i havent been ;)
    There should have been a point in the settings, where you should have the possibility, but it wasnt there. Other user on xda, had the same problem.

This was the main reason for me to have cm9 as primary instead of White Rabbit.
    I then saw how good it is and didnt install a second boot rom ;)