New ROM :: 407 OFFICIAL GB ROM IS OUT

Search This thread

chdude3

Feb 20, 2012
Dude, don't wait any longer to move to a custom ROM. I did the same thing you did, going to 407 first. There are so many issues with it, I wish I'd made the jump to DSC ROM sooner. Everything works now, and is so much smoother than 407 was. I'm very pleased with DSC as it stands now. It's convinced me to hang onto the Streak for a little longer, maybe see what the next Nexus device is like.

vinaypatki

Apr 18, 2012
Back to XDA after long time, with broken DS5 but smile on face as always :)

Dude, don't wait any longer to move to a custom ROM. I did the same thing you did, going to 407 first. There are so many issues with it, I wish I'd made the jump to DSC ROM sooner. Everything works now, and is so much smoother than 407 was. I'm very pleased with DSC as it stands now. It's convinced me to hang onto the Streak for a little longer, maybe see what the next Nexus device is like.

Hello chdude3, Strephon Alkhalikoi, citric_acid and everybody,

I had been regular to XDA. Had experimented with my DS5 with help of all here. I had upgraded 2.2 to 2.3 Olleh. All was working fine and it crashed some point of time. Tried taking help here but due to lack of good internet connection, couldn't get time and required files for my DS5 baby.

I had asked for help and got couple of responses.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=32257769

Now I have come back to my life and would like to bring my DS5 alive. It wasn't operated for more than 8 months, was just kept aside. Now, after recharging, boots but remains stuck at DELL logo. It has Olleh inside.

I checked most of the places and found two ROMs that can be burned.
1. DSC 407 (its GingerBread on Olleh with many fixes)
2. Longhorn roms from CM

I was attached to your post as it again referred to DSC 407.

Q1. I would like to know whether this is THE latest ROM for DS5 or is there any other too?
I think I can use "DSC ROM v0.6b Update/Migration pack" for my case (unbootable DS5 with Olleh).

Q2. I know that tutorial for DSC 407 is here. [http://droidinsider.com/roms/96-dsc-rom-for-dell-streak.html]
Would you be kind enough for providing references to AMSS/DSP as even I had the problem of Button LED flashing?

Thanks a lot for the support!

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

Any idea about PCM7-Streak ROM which is mentioned as latest ROM for DS5?
will PCM7 be better over DSC?

Dell Streak 5 Custom Rom List
Got it from androidevolved.com website. Search for "Dell Streak 5 ROMs".

02/18/2013 - PCM7-Streak [Pure Cyanogenmod 7 - Desire sources OTA] 2013/02/18 | Direct Link

01/22/2013 - [INTL] DSC v2.3 | Direct Link

01/06/2013 - Miui-Lewa 2.3.7 beta | Direct Link

12/24/2012 - [GB]LXdroid ROM 0.2 with BeatsAudio, xLoud, Bravia Engine | Direct Link

10/04/2012 - [PORT] MIUI.us.v4-2.8.3 Streak | Direct Link

09/05/2012 - Longhorn 2.9.3 | Direct Link

07/30/2012 - [PORT] Paranoid Android | Direct Link

06/12/2012 - Streak MIUI 2.4.20 | Direct Link

05/16/2012 - Simple Streak 1.2 - Lite ROM | Direct Link

04/14/2012 - CM7 (Unofficial) CM 7.2 RC0 | Direct Link

04/03/2012 - Power_Rom | Direct Link

12/01/2011 - Power_Rom v1.2 Most powerful/ultra Stable | Direct Link

11/19/2011 - MaxicetDroid 1.3 INTERNATIONAL FINAL | Direct Link

11/04/2011 - StreakDroid GingerStreak 2.4.4 | Direct Link

07/01/2011 - PlayDoh - v1.0 | Direct Link

vinaypatki

Apr 18, 2012
Unable to enter DELL menu by pressing Power and Volume buttons

Hello again,

I thought of proceeding further. Trying to install DSC. Following given step

1. Charge Streak to 100%
2. Copy DSC_v1.0 to root SD card
3. Get streak into Fastboot, (don't plug usb connector to pc, power on with Camera button pressed. Wait 20 sec, then plug usb connector)
4. Run flash.bat from 'DSC_flashme2' folder via command prompt, and follow all instructions
5. When rebooting, immediately press both Volume buttons to enter the Dell menu
6. With the Volume button navigate to the second option, 'upgrade...', and select by pressing the Camera button

I am trying to enter DELL menu given in 5th step (by pressing Power button and both Volume buttons at a time), but it isn't working. I have seen it working when I keep DS5 with bettery removed and then turn it back ON using Power and Volume. But now it is not coming up that way.
(All previous steps have worked, so can say Power and Camera buttons are working)

Please let me know if we have any alternate method to bring it on DELL menu that goes to StreakMod selection.

Any way to change the button combination of POWER+VOL_UP+VOL_DOWN to something else?

Thanks!

Strephon Alkhalikoi

Aug 3, 2010
Vulcan
Samsung Galaxy S4
Nexus 6
Do you still have Steak 5 :confused:
It's possible to still have one but not use it. I still have mine with either Pseudocream or Traveller DSC on board - I can't remember which - and not stock.

For the person needing the stock ROM, why? If it's the baseband you want doing a little digging for "Multiflasher" by yours truly in the Streak 5 forums here should help. Then install either of my ROMs and call it a day. The stock ROMs are long gone, unsurprising for a device that's seeing its 10th birthday this year.

pgunning1

Apr 27, 2007
I had the Streak 5. It was great in it's time but wouldn't even consider spending time on it now.

Sent from my mobile device
I have one and in excellent condition on 2.2.2 it would run ok if I could access play store and gmail etc. But google closed it off for naivigation and email it would be great, but getting a downloadable/working rom is getting very hard LoL Ive not found one yet! ATB

pgunning1

Apr 27, 2007
I have one and in excellent condition on 2.2.2 it would run ok if I could access play store and gmail etc. But google closed it off for naivigation and email it would be great, but getting a downloadable/working rom is getting very hard LoL Ive not found one yet! ATB
Of course the device is back in the Ark days, but would anyone have a ROM that still allows Play store access that they could offer as a download, so I could flash and get this UK model working with Store. Any assistance very much appreciated.

ATB

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello, I'm NeCoritol

Moments ago, Dell streak 5's OFFICIAL GB ROM was OUT
    (Sorry, my English)

Region :: Korea, Republic of

Carrier :: Olleh (KT)

DOWNLOAD :

http://mobileupdate.dell.com/PackageProductionLocations/Streak_407_20707_14.pkg
    Rom:
    Version: 407
    Build: 20707
    Android version: 2.3.3
    Build date: Dec 1, 2011

Changelog:
    • First official 2.3.3 pkg
    • Dell Stage 1.5
    • Swype 2.27.69.19339
    • BB version is named GAUSB1A1406214-xx instead of GAUSB1A140714-xx

It's exactly as simple as it sounds, it is only a marginal update from 406, but it's an official PKG. Recommended to flash the pkg for the proper basebands as per the general recommendation. (ie. 360 for any froyo custom rom users and this one for any gingerbread custom rom users) Manually flashing the amss and dsp1 is NOT recommended if it can be avoided, now that it is out it CAN be avoided.

Guides:
    (Read this to learn how to flash recoveries with fastboot)

Install instructions:
    1. Recommended: make a backup of userdata with preferred method
    2. Flash a region 14 recovery: stock 407 recovery.img
    3. download 407 update.pkg
    4. copy update.pkg to sdcard
    5. reboot into recovery mode
    6. follow onscreen instructions
    7. finished
    8. optional: reinstall streakmod
    9. optional: root with superuser.zip

Stock Deodexed + slimmed varient:
    407 is available as a zipaligned, deodexed, and slimmed down version:
    It has had all it's bundleware and enginneringmode apps removed.

Mod compability:
    • From 406 compatable roms:
      • Portrait mod
      • Theme mods

All previous GB based roms are 406 compatable, so any mods that were designed for 406 should work on 407
    I got that when I had the wrong recovery flashed. If you are running a stock rom and flash the correct recovery, DO NOT let your phone boot after flashing the recovery. If you do, the stock recovery for your rom will be reinstalled upon boot. Flash the necessary recovery and do not reboot. Pull the battery, and immediately power up into recovery (both volume buttons). Update again and see if the problem remains.
    Once i install this. Can i then install Streaknod? Or will phone no longer be rooted?
    After installing this, fastboot flash streakmod, then go directly in streakmod and flash superuser.zip. You will now be rooted. Also, since this is a stock rom, when it boots it will overwrite streakmod with stock recovery. In /system folder there is a file named something along the lines of install-recovery-from-boot.p or similar. Delete this and it won't overwrite.