FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor CEO Thread

[Solved] Headphone Audio Bug?

63 posts
Thanks Meter: 13

By AndroidSon, Member on 21st February 2014, 12:23 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Headphone audio stops working when I play a music and put the app in the background and press the power button to turn off the screen. I am on the latest nightly. Anyone else having this problemo?

Edit: Fix: Hold the Home screen > Settings > Voice > Uncheck Hotword Detection. Then reboot.

21st February 2014, 02:40 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 188

More
Device, player app?
21st February 2014, 03:06 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Unhappy I have the same problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidSon

Headphone audio stops working when I play a music and put the app in the background and press the power button to turn off the screen. I am on the latest nightly. Anyone else having this problemo?

I dont know why, but when even i hit home buttom open any app, pull down the notification bar or lock the screen, i get no audio. software issues i believe?
21st February 2014, 04:03 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
This is a huge problem
I am experiencing exactly the same thing on Omni rom and vanilla cm11. I've tried AGNi pureCM Kernel and gotten the same issue, might try Devil Kernel next.

Device: I605
App: Google Play Music
21st February 2014, 08:06 AM |#5  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidfalife

I am experiencing exactly the same thing on Omni rom and vanilla cm11. I've tried AGNi pureCM Kernel and gotten the same issue, might try Devil Kernel next.

Device: I605
App: Google Play Music

I think it doesn't have to do anything with the custom kernels that we've installed. I uninstalled my devil's kernel and the problem still persist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR0S

Device, player app?

All my music apps including the youtube app.
21st February 2014, 08:30 AM |#6  

More
I just installed Slim Rom and I now have no problems.

Edit: I discovered that it was Google Now Launcher causing the music bug. Slim Rom comes with Nova Launcher as default and when I use Nova, the problem does not persist.
The Following User Says Thank You to droidfalife For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift droidfalife Ad-Free
21st February 2014, 08:40 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 188

More
Quote:

Edit: I discovered that it was Google Now Launcher causing the music bug. Slim Rom comes with Nova Launcher as default and when I use Nova, the problem does not persist.

Headset mic breaks audio output on exynos. GEL uses mic all time
21st February 2014, 10:23 AM |#8  
OP Member

More
Quote:

Good thing you found what was causing the problem. Audio is now working fine after disabling hotword ("okay google") detection in voice settings.

Hold the Home screen > Settings > Voice > Uncheck Hotword Detection . Then reboot.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AndroidSon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AndroidSon Ad-Free
21st February 2014, 05:29 PM |#9  

More
Thnx mans, same problm/solution here.
6th March 2014, 03:42 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidSon

Edit: Fix: Hold the Home screen > Settings > Voice > Uncheck Hotword Detection. Then reboot.

Not really a fix, more like a workaround. What if I want to keep Hotword Detection and still play music? Anyone?
11th June 2014, 10:48 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by In4ming

Not really a fix, more like a workaround. What if I want to keep Hotword Detection and still play music? Anyone?

Keep a goggle now widget or have a hotkey for a long press to one of the buttons. I have my settings button long press to goggle now.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)